Looking forward to tomorrow!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Looking forward to tomorrow!

Tomorrow, June 14th, I get to cuss out my ISP.

Hell, I was invited to do so, by an account manager!

Background:

I live on a farm, and have wireless highspeed. They put a dish up on my roof, only to put up a 30' tower right next to my house two weeks later. Four dishes later, we had AMAZING speeds. 8mbit non-dedicated up/down with no bandwidth caps. This was back in September 2004. It ran fine all throughout the winter, all through the blizzards and windstorms. Come February, when the weather started to turn nicer, we started having some serious issues. It will run fine for a couple hours, then just die right off for a couple hours. And when I say 'fine' I mean I'm getting 1mbit. Sad when I settle for that when I was promised minimum 5, max 9(it operates on microwave, so theres no chance I can hit the true maximum speed of the system, which is 10mbit).

Lately, we've called them pretty much daily/nightly reporting service issues. They have come out to my farm, checked logs on the computers, seen how sporadically it works, and did nothing(at least out here). They apparently upgraded the cat-5 in their building to fibre lines, but no change out here. They even tried a new switch and access point at their end, but nothing changed.

/story

Earlier today, while at work, my mother got a call, from Reisha, an account manager for my ISP, saying that she wanted me to call her and discuss the situation with our service. This is after three months of us calling and telling them the service sucks. I just about snapped several times on techs who did not know what they were doing. I know more then all of their Internet Help Desk about the wireless service, and I don't even work for their company. The only ones who know more about it are the two senior techs who took the training for the system, and they are stumped.

So now, I get to talk to the account manager, who is just below the executives at the company.

Seeing as I work as a customer care representative for Cingular, I know what it is like to have a$$holes call in to whine. So I don't plan on doing that, I will play it calm and professional, while still making it clear, in no uncertain terms, that I am disgusted with the level of service I have gotten. Especially when we pay about 100$ a month for it.

Now it comes down to what I want to get out of this, to try and get the issue resolved.

Option A) Several free months of service, and working closely with the senior techs to see what is going wrong.

Option B) Getting all the equipment on my farm replaced, and still working with the senior techs to see what is going wrong.

What do you think?

I think I deserve a job there.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Just threaten to change providers, and hope they'll do something. Could you sue them for anything? Try that one. lol

posted by  chris_knows

wish there was another provider for wireless highspeed. its either that or dial-up. And theres nothing to sue them for, at least not in Canada....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message