Just wondering.....

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Just wondering.....

Just wondering how do you become a moderator? :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Email UFF but he's not around :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

UFF apoints them. I have no clue where he is, so no moderators have been named for over a year.
I dont think you have to email him, I think you simply have to wait... :mrgreen:

posted by  StiMan

DING DING DING DING!!!What does he win Johnny? Absolutely the best nothingness in the world! :sleep:

But yeah. Just gotta be an active, contributing member and be patient. That plus it helps if one of us already mods put in a good work for ya. lol :wink2:

posted by  Satty101

I would love to become a mod but since Adam's not here I can't :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

me too. Especially when it comes to having fun with guys like Jay-G.

posted by  dodgerforlife

God please don't bring him up :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

oops :oops:

posted by  dodgerforlife

I'm like the only one who's getting pissed off the most, everybody thinks I'm postwhoring but after 500 posts you don't keep track, I don't care about the posts, what matters is how long ago you joined :2cents:

posted by  99integra

oh jesus man, you have no clue how pissed off i was. he was just getting under everyones skin i think.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah but he seems mainly focusing on me and dissing all the shit I do and where I live :evil:

posted by  99integra

Well if you look at UFF's profile it has been 23 days since he's last been here. I think this place needs more mods (not new ones, just more) cause the mods we have now just have a lot of work to do cause of the size of this place. It seems everyone who has said they want to be a mod is capable of the job and hopefully UFF will come by and notice that. He doesnt even have to stay around, just appoint more mods before he leaves again.

posted by  car_crazy89

Ya, I agree. We certainly need more.

posted by  StiMan

Like me :laughing:

posted by  99integra

lol, you guys are hilarious. It's actually a lot harder than you think to be a mod. (True, you don't do any type of strenuous work, nor have to really move at all) but all the shit some people do really gets annoying after a while. Especially when you can't do anything but delete their posts. Pain in the ass. Anywho...I have a few people in mind for who I'd like to see become mods...

posted by  Satty101

Am I one of them? :mrgreen: If so put in a good word for me. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Don't feel too bad :laughing: He attacked my career, my car, my intelligence, the fact that I drive farm trucks. Everything but where I live. I don't think he ever got around to that with me though.

I think he's a little :screwy:

posted by  dodgerforlife

How about mua. :wink2: "cough" I'm on here everyday "cough"

posted by  99integra

Haha i think theres a few people (me included) who are on here everyday. Its kinda easy when you dont have a job or plans all the time lol. And if i may ask, what is 'mua'? lol, if you trying to say 'me' in french then its 'moi' :laughing: .

posted by  car_crazy89

It really doesnt matter who or when, we need more. Adam would want someone who has been on for a while and contributes etc.; at some point those who fit these requirements will become a mod. (I believe anyways.)

posted by  StiMan

Im gonna give you all a hint. One of the people I had in mind posted on the first page of this thread.

posted by  Satty101

Isn't this page only ONE page long? :ohcrap: Maybe 2 now.

Might just be me but does the 'Truck and 4X4 section' look different to anyone? lol. I think its just me, if so then i'll shut up :tard:

posted by  car_crazy89

:hi: :mrgreen: :laughing:

I think I know who you had in mind.

posted by  GreekWarrior

if there was a vote to become mod id vote someone like greekwarrior or dodgerida67(cant rememba which one) or maybe 99integra cant choose lol

posted by  ahoo

Thanks bro. :thumbs: I'd probly vote for either dodge, integra or Stiman. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Maybe if your sig wasnt 800x600...u'd be a mod...lol

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Maybe....but we'll never know. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

If I had a choice it would be Talon, Greekwarrior, stiman, car_crazy(and I thought it was spelled mua goddamn it) :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Haha 'mua' sounds like something an evil cartoon character would say 'Muahahahaha' lol. If i could vote it would be Greekwarrior, Stiman, 99integra, or Dodgerforlife (all are here everyday anyways lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

yeah and i don't think spamming helps you become a mod i dunno i could be wrong

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Well, to asnwer the mod question, we first have to find out what a mod's responsibilities are. It isn't to have car knowledge, although it is a big bonus, it's mainly to work in the shadows and maintain the boards. (and be here atleast once every other day to perform their duties). Also, I'd like to have older mods, or atleast ones with maturity to not flame on the smallest things. And last but not least, atleast some experience with the board, enough to be considered a veteran

So my shout out for mods goes to;

Satty
Bav
StiMan
Dodger
DR67
Wally
Osborete (however you spell his name)

posted by  Godlaus

Well what about you Godlaus, you seem like you'd make a good mod, and you've been here awhile. I'm just not sure how often you come here (since your on 'invisible').

posted by  car_crazy89

I actually thought abou that today while doing the 24 hour relay, whether or not I would accept a position as a mod. I don't know if I should, really. I've been here for about 8-9 months, so I'm not exactly senior. I'm only 17 years old, and I tend to flame a lot. I decided that if I was offered the job I would take it, but I don't know if I deserve it. That part is up to UFF.

And I'm generally on every day for about half an hour. You can follow my post list if you really want to see my activity.

posted by  Godlaus

He would be a good one but I don't understand how you get appointed to becoming a mod :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

I have been around as a logged on user as long as you have and am 21 and the only flaming I have done is towards Gay-J and I can't help it :doh:

posted by  99integra

So you're saying that you should be a mod?

posted by  Godlaus

I would love to become one, I was just saying that I have been on as long as you have

posted by  99integra

I think being a mod is like reaching enlightenment in buddhism. You can never aim to be enlightened, for if you do, you'll never reach it. But if you follow the practices for other reasons, then you'll reach it, but when you do, it won't be that big of a deal to you, it'll be nothing other than a responsibility constituted to you.

And I assure you, integra, I probably won't end up a mod.

posted by  Godlaus

i always thought id be a good mod... might give me a reason to post a little more often...haha

posted by  mazda6man

Weren't you a mod a while ago? If so, why did you lose it/give it away?

posted by  Godlaus

You buddist? Very enlightening religion, some of my friends are. I highly doubt that I will become a mod too :doh:

posted by  99integra

nope, never was... i always wanted to be one... 2 and a half years later, still no mod title

posted by  mazda6man

Theres actually a lot of people that would deserve to be a mod (if they wanted to). And i'm not too sure really how you become mod or some of the things you have to do (i havent been around too long and am one of then younger members but wouldnt mind being a mod if given the opportunity). 99integra, i cant blame you for the flaming with Jay-G, he really enjoyed bugging you.

posted by  car_crazy89

Which brings up a good point, some of the older users if they have been waiting should deserve becoming a mod before anyone else but thats my :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Well no shit :doh:

posted by  99integra

A good religion, and I only choose one part of it to follow;

cuonmdpearssstiaonnd
(try to guess what it means :mrgreen: )
Other than that, I'm too materialistic to be buddhist.

posted by  Godlaus

Well your definately one of the 'Veterans' on here. One of the only originals that really come one here kinda often.

posted by  car_crazy89

I would have to say peace or flaming :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Man, I'd be lucky to pronounce that right

posted by  Satty101

I would certainly like to be a mod, but I dunno if I would get it.
Satty
SJ
Tbax
vwhobo (ret)
Bav
Has anyone else been a mod? I think the fact that only 4 people are helping control a forum with like 11000 members shows that we need a change. We need more to handle correctly.

posted by  StiMan

I'd love to be a mod if anyones asking.......... :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Hell so would I :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I think everyone would like to be a mod. I was simply thanking those that recomended (sp?) me.

posted by  StiMan

You'd be a great mod, just no more vacations :wink2:

posted by  99integra

:laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Meh, being a mod ain't easy. Hard to have the time.

posted by  importluva

Lol. After next friday Ill be gone for a month an a half! :mrgreen:

posted by  StiMan

Everyone wants to be a mod, but it's whether or not the person deserves the position, and fits the criteria.

posted by  Godlaus

Thats true and I think we know who it is :hi: , I'm kiddin, only one person can decide though :doh:

posted by  99integra

And that person pisses me off almost to the point of Gay-J. He's the one truly not doing his duties, he's the one leaving his responsibility.

posted by  Godlaus

Who, Adam?

posted by  99integra

Isnt it obvious? lol. And Stiman, where are you going this time?

posted by  car_crazy89

New York City to study engineering. I cant wait! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Thats pretty cool, i bet you'll enjoy that a lot and have some stories to tell when you finally get back. You dont seem to stay in one place too long :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

How long are you out for?

posted by  TurboLag

Ill be in New York for a month then at a family home in a undisclosed location for 2.5 weeks.

posted by  StiMan

Your Message