Where did they go...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Where did they go...

at the end of the spam war today i wondered where the carforums gt4 cup went i might set one up soon just to see if we have improved since our last battles. oh and wondering who won in nurburgring?

posted by  ahoo

Gone, people stopped doing it because they didn't have enough time and stuff, including me I had school stuff to do. :doh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Hey ahoo BavarianWheels lock the whoring thread. :doh: :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

yea i know so should i still continue with the idea of the Cf gt4 cup or not? cause untill my birthday i can't really see how i measure up to other kids :oops: unless you are all grown up 30 year olds that just like playing games -_^

posted by  ahoo

I'm 17, I would like the idea but I could only do it for a couple of weeks because I start school again next week. :doh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

i just got out of school. i still have 3 months left. :mrgreen:

posted by  enzo#2

i go back in late augest i wont b 15 till the second week of school

posted by  hhsrastler92

I go back early September (turn 16 soon after)

posted by  car_crazy89

I go back early august i think. Yeah i got out pretty early. Time flies when you're on CF :thumbs: !

posted by  TurboLag

ya lol i wont get 2 drive 2 school till my junior year so i guess that means a lot of walkin home after practice :ohcrap:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Well i'm already senior(?) (grade 11 now) and gotta wait till September for my G1, then taking a kinda of drivers ed to take 4 months wait off my G2, so i might have my G2 by next June :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

whats a G1 :oops:

posted by  hhsrastler92

G1? G2? this canadian lingo is confusing me :doh:

posted by  TurboLag

i thought it was u get ur temps then ur licence? hey turbolag it rastlin lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

Oh sorry, forgot its different in the states. Here you take the test (4 pages, half is road signs, half is road rules) and if you pass that you get your G1 (learners permit). Then you wait 12 months (8-10 if you take drivers ed) before you take your driving test, if you pass that you get your G2. Then you wait (5 years, or till your 21 i think :ohcrap: ) before you get your full G.

posted by  car_crazy89

so u cant drive by urself legally till ur 21? im so lost :screwy:

posted by  hhsrastler92

No, once you get your G2 you can drive by yourself but with a few restrictions (nothing major, almost the same as a full G), they just like to make you wait i guess.

posted by  car_crazy89

whoa thats weird. here you take a test when ur 15 and get ur permit. then when ur 16 u take a driving test and get ur liecense. Then each year after until ur 18 u get a different license

posted by  TurboLag

im still lost :oops: so u cant drive by urself at 16 but u dont have full privlidges untill ur 18? i think :banghead:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Ok, here its only 3 steps. G1 (16 years old) means you have to be with someone whos had their licence for atleast 5 years, no major highway or night driving (12am-5am or so). G2 (16 or 17, depends if you took drivers ed) means you can drive alone but BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is a lower limit, and a few other not so important things. G (around 21 or so) means you have full licence, driver with people any age in car, higher BAC limit and w/e other privileges you dont get with your G2.

posted by  car_crazy89

oh ok i got it thanx lol im happy its simple here :mrgreen:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Well to me the way it is there is kinda confusing lol. Hope a mod doesnt think we're post whoring :ohcrap: .

posted by  car_crazy89

i no cause were not so what kinda car do u have

posted by  hhsrastler92

I myself have a 1979 Chevrolet Silverado (theres a thread on here about it). I also kinda have a 1985 Chrysler 5th Avenue. The truck is a project, would like to make if bigger and not lower lol.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=12848

posted by  car_crazy89

sweet how much have u done 2 it so far? i gotta 2000 F150 my self but its n my dad's name till im 16

posted by  hhsrastler92

Havent done anything yet, i just got it this past month and was still in school so had no time. Right now i have to try and find parts for it (calling a guy later to keep an eye out at his work (Autowreckers) and use his discount lol). I like those newer F150's. Just starting to like Fords alittle more lately.

Here's the driving school i'm going to after i get my G1 (it'll take 4 months off my wait for my G2). Has a little quiz with types of questions that'll be on the actual test.

http://www.yd.com/YoungDrivers/default.asp?page_id=24#

posted by  car_crazy89

lol me 2 we were a big chevy family 4 a while then here recienty we've bn gettin fords outta the 4 vehicles we have 3 r fords an 1 is a chevy

posted by  hhsrastler92

Well i guess you could say i WAS taking after my dad, he's more into Chevy and he doesnt like Ford, Oldsmobile or Imports. I'm starting to like them now (Older Dodges are still my favourite)

posted by  car_crazy89

i like our 69 chevelle but i cant drive that till prom lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

Damn, i LOVE older cars, 1968 and 69 are my favourite years for Chevelle ('66 was nice to), missed out on a chance to buy a 1971 Chevelle (complete, running) for $800 a little while back :banghead: . Friend told me about this Charger near where he used to live (its a 1968) thats been sitting for awhile and was for sale for (he thinks $800-$1000) and it looks mostly complete he said. Might try to find out about that, maybe i'll have 3 cars before i can even drive lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

lol niiiice my dad's lookinf into gettin me a 1990 camaro we seen 4 2grand it needs a new paint job an a new passenger side door it said 2,000/obo i wonder if my dad could talk it down 2 1,000

posted by  hhsrastler92

Haha thats pretty cool. I dont know about talking it down to $1000 though lol, maybe to $1500, sounds like an easy fix. Would it become your car?

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message