My bad

Home  \  Off Topic  \  My bad

Me and a few other members have recieved a rather unflattering name: Post whores :laughing: . We weren't trying to spam, we were just talking. We weren't trying to increase our posts, I could care less about those. After being told off by someone i thought it would be best if I left CF. So i did, for about 45 minutes :laughing: , but then a colleague of mine suggested that i dont leave and post an apology thread. So i did.

So I (and my crew) sincerely apologize for the spamming.

So punish us as you wish.

Apologetically,
Alex

posted by  TurboLag

have i been spmming? sorry if i have, i was just giving you mods a hard time. and i'll try to make sure my posts have a point from now on. so please mods, don't erase all my posts! :ohcrap:

posted by  enzo#2

Thank you Alex for your apology. :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Before you guys post, ask yourselves this;

Is my post going to add anything to this thread? Or simply talk to my online friends on a public message board for everyone else to see?
You guys obviously talked outside of this forum, like on AIM, so keep your convos there.

That's the common rule.

and btw, having 4 digits of posts gives you 30 seconds of glee, and when it's over, you're pegged as a post whore for life. Not worth it.

posted by  Godlaus

You are right but I was just complimenting him having enough balls to post an appology. And I don't give a damn about how many posts I have, after 500 you don't care anymore. I have no reason to "whore" up a thread :2cents:

posted by  99integra

I wasn't directing my post at you.......

posted by  Godlaus

:doh: Sorry, kinda seemed like it

posted by  99integra

Like i said... I'm not concerened about my posts. They're just numbers.

posted by  TurboLag

That's what everybody says. Even me at one point. But it wasn't true.

posted by  Godlaus

C'mon Godlaus, you can't tell me that after 500 posts you really don't care :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Yeah, that was you

posted by  TurboLag

And your mentality is probably the same way, or atleast was at some point. Hopefully, it's changed now.

I don't know when I stopped caring. But the point is that I did after a month at the forum. Everyone does.

posted by  Godlaus

I sorry too. :doh: :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Same here, not trying to 'advance in posts'. I didnt even realise how many i had until it was pointed out to me. The mods can delete w/e amount of my posts they think neccessary if wanted (even this one after it serves its purpose).

posted by  car_crazy89

I stopped caring after 500. Once I got to put my own name in, then there was no further incentive to increase the post count.

And I really wouldn't want a high post count if I just did it by putting bogus posts in. It doesn't really prove anything.

If you get a high count with genuine posts, then you're doing well, and get the respect.

posted by  windsonian

i stopped caring after about 10. and then around 85 i wanted to get to 100 so i spammed a bit then. and then i was having a fake cometition with ahoo. but most of my posts came from the "new game" thread. and i hope people don't put me in the category of "post whore", it doesn't sound like something that somebody would think is a good thing. so sorry again and have a good one! :thumbs:

posted by  enzo#2

Well that's nice. :banghead:

posted by  GreekWarrior

wtf, i thought i said i didnt care about my posts

posted by  TurboLag

yea i guess i should say sorry too. jjust seemed fun at the time so sorry anyway

posted by  ahoo

it was kinda fun. sorry i had to mention you in something i got in trouble for.

posted by  enzo#2

im sorry 2 i was jus doin it 2 mess around

posted by  hhsrastler92

It might do you some good reading the rules, TurboLag...(if you haven't allready left!), and any other spammers...I'm sure I wrote something 'bout spam in there!

Appology accepted by me too though! :thumbs:

Edit: It wasn't in there (Not in so many words anyways!), but it is now...As is Bavs new sticky, so there's no excuse....lil bit of common sense, that's all! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

well i wouldnt have said we were "spamming", just talking. It was the only way the 3 (or 4 i cant remember) could talk, none of us had a common IM program.
So we made a thread to talk in. But if i had known it would blow up in our faces i DEFINETLY wouldnt have done that. We didnt mean any harm or anything. Just harmless talking, but I see where you guys are coming from and I apologize again :thumbs: .

Hope I havent permanently made a bad name for myself :doh:

posted by  TurboLag

who are you talking about when you say " 3 or 4 of us"? i know i was probably one of them. :ohcrap:

posted by  enzo#2

kinda ironic that by apologising for post whoring you are spamming even more with worthless crap.

I kid, I kid

posted by  shev

What was the thread titled that you were spamming in?

My point?

If you stray from the subject, it's considered off-topic, there for it eventually becomes Spam!

BTW.....Just cos there's an off-topic section......doesn't mean you start a thread about on thing and finish on a completely different subject!

The Rules my freind...the rules!

:banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Actually the thread was called "Post WHORING" so noone really strayed from the topic.

posted by  car_crazy89

Well I didn't make that thread, i don't even know who did. I'm not tryin to make waves or anything. I'm just stating why I did what I did. I'm not saying i didn't do anything wrong. Cuz apparantly I did :laughing: ! Sorry for any confusion cliffy
i apologize again

posted by  TurboLag

Don't worry you weren't one of them.

posted by  TurboLag

Wasn't it car_crazy, greekwarrior, me? and you?

posted by  99integra

no actually u werent in on it. You were in the first to 20 intros competition. but u didnt do any actual whoring

posted by  TurboLag

Damn, you could use real names, atleast that way not everyone would know who your talking about :laughing: j/k.

posted by  car_crazy89

:laughing: Sorry, how bout it was Peter, Chris, Steven, and Alex

posted by  99integra

LOL....In that case....lets let sleeping dogs lie (think that's how it's said lol)......I'd recommend the rules are checked occationally for amendment though guys.....they are occationally added to :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message