Happy Independence Day!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Happy Independence Day!

Well....happy July 4th to all CF's American members (that'll be the vast majority then!)....dunno exacly what you do to celebrate..prolly same sort of thing as us Brits do when we celebrate some bloke called Guy who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliment lol...Ok, maybe not. Have a good one anyways! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I didn't even think about Yanky Doodle Day...thanks Cliffy = another excuse to get pissed. :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

No probs mate....just one problem though....we aint USions lol....although as you said...'Any excuse to get pissed' :hi:

Wally! poor me an ice cold Fosters! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Cobber Fosters Lager is for you Poms, we drink Vitamin Beer (Fosters VB...from cans) :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

I think seeing as how none of the yanks are keen to celebrate independence day, we should just crack a few tins ourselves. Although up here we tend to drink XXXX. It's not really popular elsewhere in the world .... oh well, more for us.

posted by  windsonian

Might aswell have tomorrow off too. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Thanks, and Happy (American) Independance Day to you guys too. Matter of fact, I've already started drinking. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

well, let's see, I celebrated canada day by drinking after work on friday....then i drank saturday night....then i drank tonight.

gotta recuperate tomorrow during my day off.

that sucks, working for an american company and living in canada. I get the american holidays off, and work on the canadian ones...

but happy independence day nonetheless!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Woohoo, kick ass. Thank the founding fathers, for the U.S. that is :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I was drunk from the party last night and you KNOW I will be from the party tonight. Only bad part is the massive hangover I'll have at 7:00 tommorrow morning at work. ugh...

posted by  Satty101

Same here. Except I REALLY get hammered on special occations. Ever heard of the term "coyote ugly". That has happened to me a lot :doh:

posted by  99integra

why arent you online? Id like to talk with you about my mad hangover...lol

posted by  Satty101

Give me like an hour, need to mow my lawn :doh:

posted by  99integra

Well we're launching off 350 dollars worth of fireworks-mortars, cakes, etc. over the lake, fun fun fun is all I can say :thumbs:

posted by  Accord_Man

i'll do it for you! that's my job you know. :screwy: :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

You can drag your little Nebraskan ass down to Florida and you got a job :laughing: . It is like 95 degrees here so it is grueling :doh:

posted by  99integra

well hot damn, its like 100 up here in ohio

posted by  Accord_Man

But is it like 100% humid, cause down here it is. Feels like 120 :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

it's like...23C(73F-ish) here...breezy, not humid.. give it a week, and it will be 38+(100F) and humid..with no breeze.

thank god for central air....a nice cool 16C(60F) inside :thumbs:

posted by  dodgerforlife

wierd metric measurments with thier scales that are based on actual things instead of just absolute and complete randomness like the good old american systems. :laughing:

posted by  Zalight

o yeah, only 43% humid up here, still pretty damn hot

posted by  Accord_Man

You come to St.Pete and then we'll talk about hot :laughing:

posted by  99integra

lol i feel ya ive bn at deer creek (dont no if u no where it is) all weekend campin hot as hell

posted by  hhsrastler92

Haha Happy Independence Day fellow American neighbours. Here its like 86F(30C).

posted by  car_crazy89

Happy belated Canada Day to all you canadians :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

great........sounds like fun. :badrazz:

posted by  enzo#2

I feel so ashamed. A british guy makes a thread of the 4th of july, and I don't know when britain's independance/governmental overthrow was:ohcrap: .

Oh well, here's to enough fireworks to launch a small country into space :mrgreen: .

posted by  Godlaus

Britain doesn't have an indepenedence day, but it has a hell of a tumultuous history. Guy Fawlkes is one guy who thought Roman Catholics had it a bit harsh and tried to blow up a few of the ruling class in parliament, but he got caught. Typical pommy humour they celebrate every year by having a cracker night, probably to piss the catholics off originally.

posted by  Wally

didnt no i was walkin n2 history class i woulda brought my pillow :sleep:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message