Movie Chase Scenes... The Best?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Movie Chase Scenes... The Best?

I've gotta admit the chase in "Bullit" and "French Connection" still stand out. :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

Yes, excellent stuff. Let's not forget "Vanishing Point", the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" and the original "Italian Job". They just don't make 'em like they used to, too many computer generated special effects these days. For a newer movie you can't go wrong with "Ronin".

I wonder why all those movies are in my collection?

posted by  vwhobo

Did Steve McQueen do his own stunt driving ? I was always told he did. Anyone have facts? :2cents: Hey, VWHOBO, noticed you have at this time 1969 post,congrats, that's the year I got booted out of hi-school for the last time :laughing: I hear a Streisand song coming on/ NOT :orglaugh:

posted by  lectroid

As I recall Steve McQueen was going to do all of the driving in the Mustang until he overshot a corner and hit a civilian car (it's shown in the movie). That's when he was pulled and a stunt driver was used.

As a side note I also remember reading where the Charger needed almost no mods for the scene (shocks only I think) but the Mustang was fairly well reworked and still almost fell apart.

posted by  vwhobo

Leve it to Ford. They'll find a way to **** up. :fu:

posted by  Satty101

I really love the car sequence in the last Matrix, it has everything, and they get away with the special effects really well.

I think those dudes from Bros are the bad guys aren't they?

posted by  car-razy

Even though this is an old thread, that is pretty cool.

posted by  GreekWarrior

pretty smooth tryin to advertise like that. Howeer this thread is WAy old, UnFedFat isn't around much, and you Haven't been here long enough to get a PM from him. Good try.

posted by  Satty101

What did he say before you edited it?

posted by  99integra

my friends and i were thinking of making our own 2F2F/TF&TF, we thought that we could use a bunch of stocker lookin' car's with a great amount of performance and crazy drivers, lol.

if we did i'm sure i'd be sending quite a few free copies out to friends on this forum, lol..

it's not really a definate thing though, if it became one then i'd let yall know.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I dont know really what it was, didnt do it but you were to put your name and e-mail address and it'd send you some video clip thing (gotta ask GreekWarrior, he had to of checked it out cause he replied, and obviously later changed it).

posted by  car_crazy89

That would be sweet, i dont think you live in the US or anything so then you would have cars i probably havent seen before. I think people would watch it and it would be more realistic then the movie was.

Sorry for the double post.

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message