London

Home  \  Off Topic  \  London

I guess some of you will be waking up to the news of bombings in London.

Disgraceful, even for barbarians.

posted by  Wally

It is a sad state of events for sure. I hope all of our british members are all-right, I read that 360 people were injured and 40 people were killed. If I was religous I would pray for them and their families.

If you haven't herad about it:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050707052809990001

Edit, the new official tally is 37 dead, 700 wounded

posted by  Zalight

WTF!!! damn, everybody needs to get on here. We need to do a head count!!!

posted by  Satty101

4real every1 needs 2 update on this thread so we no their status

posted by  hhsrastler92

It was very disappointing to wake up this morning and see that on the news. It's a sad day indeed. I hope all our English friends are ok and those who i don't know are not are still in my prayers. :ohcrap:

posted by  97Talonchik

I live 100 miles away from London so I'm OK.

Things like this happens in Iraq everyday so it doesn't really come as a shock that someone did this just after the olympic hosting of 2012 as well as the G8 meeting.

posted by  fudge

Thanx for starting this thread, Wally.....I came on today intending to start one myself.....I now have no need :thumbs:

I live around 40miles from London, I couldn't believe it when I saw the news flash...I knew it was serious though......Even the BBC wouldn't interupt 'Homes underr the Hammer' without good reason!

We have Dog Sections up in central London at the company I work for and they were aparently about 150yrds infront of the bus when it exploded....Scary stuff..

Thanx again Wally :ohcrap: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

i feel terrible. i woke up and clicked on the tv. i was watching some "dumb and dumber" laughing, having a good time, and then a commercial came on so i changed the channel and saw that. i knew that as i was sitting having a perfectly normal fun day, and then people in london were grieving about members of they're family dieing. i almost cried because i know how london feels right now.......just like we did on 9-11-01. less people died, but it was still a horrible thing to happen. my prayers are with them.

posted by  enzo#2

I'm literally sick over it. Disgusting.

posted by  jcjc

Oh geeze, that sucks. I didnt hear about that, the news is on next anyway.

al-qaida was mad they didnt get to host the olympics?

posted by  shev

Ugh. More terrorism on innocent civilian lives. That's the main difference here, fudge. In Iraq, those are soldires out there representing anti-terrorism, and the fortunes of war sometimes get them killed. Here, most of London doesn't want anything to do with the war, and they still get bombed.
I'm sure Tony Blair's gonna get grilled for this one.....

I hope all 700 wounded live to tell the tale.

posted by  Godlaus

Sadly, I think there was 37 confirmed dead...

posted by  Satty101

Yes, so I hope well for those clinging to life, instead of those whos lives have been robbed of them.

posted by  Godlaus

I'm pretty sure it happened because England is in the war right after the US...I don't see how people can sleep after killing this many people... :banghead: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:

posted by  chris_knows

apparently they think they'll have a special place next to allah after they kill innocent people.... :cussing:

posted by  Satty101

For the love of god, don't turn this into a racist thing. I have many friends from Iran, and Israel, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. They were just as shocked at the attacks.

And if you think that the attacks, either 9-11 or the London attacks, had to do with "allah" or any other religous reasons. Then you are part of the sadly misinformed majority.

posted by  Zalight

Apparently 13 are now said to have died on the bus alone. Euston railway station was evacuated this morning, too...not sure why though, probably a suspitious package :ohcrap: ..... :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Im not turning it into a racist thing. I too have friends of many races. Just sayin, that one captured terrorist talked about why they did it and that's why they said they did it. I think it was on Fox news...

posted by  Satty101

that's correct.

posted by  enzo#2

Nevermind

posted by  Bino

Please, for the love of democracy and non-partisan politics. For the love of real knowledge, and for the love of education. In order to remain un-tainted by money charged entertainment trying to play itself off as news, Stop watching Fox news. Please.

Read this:
http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/7/8/114313/4952

If you don't read it at least read this highlight:

"The sickest thing about it is that its so predictable. Fox News exists precisely to exploit serious news stories into precisely the sort of too-soon-to-know, knee-jerk, emotional reactions instead of providing the analysis and information necessary to get past such initial reactions.

Its the opposite of news.

Its also full of people who don't have any experience or desire to be news reporters; no knowledge on which to draw; no skills for research or analysis.

So when an unscripted event takes place, they are sure to provide the sort of idiotic gut reactions that most people cringe when they hear from their in-laws or doddering uncle at a family reunion."
Now go buy "Out Foxed"the DVD:
http://www.outfoxed.org/
http://www.opengeek.org/2004/07/watched-out-foxed-dvd-today.html

Out Foxed is NOT a political movie. Its a movie about how much the media has changed. Its a movie about the tactics News chanels, Fox in particular, use in order to get ratings instead of reporting actual news

I recommend reading this site every now and then, for real, non partisan news that makes you think:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

posted by  Zalight

"Yesterday evening watching BBC News, I was stunned to hear that only after the third explosion did the London police decide that a bomb attack was underway and shut down the system. Until that point they had been theorizing that the train had experienced "a power surge."

This, of course, immediately puts into question the assertion that the Israeli embassy was alerted after the first explosion. What was the notification? That there had been an explosion caused by a power surge?"
-From http://www.simplyappalling.blogspot.com/#112083238456427558

Second article down

Makes you raise an eyebrow, The london police weren't even sure that the explosions were explosions until after the third bomb, and yet magically, the Israeli embassy in London knew what it was after the first one....

posted by  Zalight

I think the Metropolitan Police, and City of London Police's reasons for all of the above are obvious......they wanted to get their facts straight before the panic started....The reason being that a power serge was the most likely cause for the incidentces in the Tube....and I think it was only after the first, not third, explosion :thumbs:

Just aswell we had a practice run of a similar situation not so long ago in Bank station, just around the corner!

posted by  Cliffy

I believe England paid the price for going to war.

Also i think that we're just as bad when i see news report of innocent civilians in Iraq getting killed from our air strikes.

posted by  fudge

yes, but we don't kill innocent cicilians on purpose, terrorist do.

posted by  enzo#2

It doesn't matter whether it is intended or not. The results are the same. They are dead and cannot come back to life. A war means killing of civilians as well as soldiers and that's the reality of it. That's why so many people protested against the war at London yet Tony Blair still went forward with joining Bush in invading Iraq(for the reason in which it suppose to have weapons of mass destruction and didn't find any).

And if you declare war on terror, aren't you going to expect the terrorist to retaliate??

posted by  fudge

Course, but what about the citizens in those tunnels that didn't want to go to war on terror? They suffered the price of it by giving their lives for a cause they didn't want to donate to. Now watch as Blair uses them as a scapegoat.

posted by  Godlaus

You retard we aren't talking about people by Italy, you mean civilians

posted by  99integra

smiley required............

posted by  Godlaus

Okay, :laughing:

posted by  99integra

What? Were you serious in the original post?

posted by  Godlaus

Don't remember, kinda drunk, woulda mind quotin it

posted by  99integra

Get some water, grab some sleep, and come back on when sober. Otherwise you'll end up flamed. :mrgreen:

posted by  Godlaus

No kiddin, happend to me wiht Jay-G, bloody mary's here i come

posted by  99integra

Bah. Bloody Marys taste like crap. So does beer. Smirnoff and Bacardi is where its at (I guess I drink the wussy shit but hey, I like it and 2 six packs gets me drunk...like I am now....

Time for a Game I call name that quote.

posted by  Satty101

You're joking...Both you and integra are drunk on CF at the same time?

And aren't you afraid one day your parents will see this post on CF, Mister 17-year-old?

posted by  Godlaus

Haha, I am going to bed after this shit or when i get off because fat chicks scare me, they like to sit on ya :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

Silly winos :clap:

posted by  TurboLag

But I am 21, and I hosted a party tonight, it was hella cool, I had a chick dancin naked on my roof :smoke:

posted by  99integra

Dude, they buy it. they don't care if I do it like, once a month. Besides, we had a party tonight so yeah...off to bed I go...

posted by  Satty101

y do i get lectures when i drink but they dont lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

Because we are (or at least I am) old enough to drink, and I am really trying to type the words right now so I'm once over the board and go to bed

posted by  99integra

damn, you really are drunk eh? i don't like to drink, it taste like crap sometimes. plus if my parents caught me they would take all the cars and my bike away from me for a while. :ohcrap:

posted by  enzo#2

Damn, is it just me or did the last part of that not make any sense?

Haha nevermind, i get it now (it was the spelling that threw me off) :doh:

posted by  car_crazy89

Should I edit the title of this thread? :hi: :ohcrap:

I'll ignor it instead I think, from no on :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Whoa sorry guys, I will edit my posts now :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

good to see you sober again. :thumbs:

posted by  enzo#2

haha, good times.

btw, I woke up with a bad ass headache this morning. kids, dont drink. its bad for you. And nobody named that quote!!!!

posted by  Satty101

Dont think anyone knows the quote. Did you wake up with some ugly chick you dont know? Were you even that drunk lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

I know I was, but thank god no coyote ugly went on :laughing:

posted by  99integra

This really isn't the thread to start acting drunk or stupid in.

posted by  fudge

fudge dude settle down dude u dont need 2 yell when ppl r on a hangover ur bn a buzzkill :orglaugh:

posted by  hhsrastler92

No dude I was seriously hammered

posted by  99integra

I find it kinda insulting to act drunk or hungover in a topic which is on about the people who were killed. You wouldn't tolerate it if I started to boast about my drinking habits on a thread like September 11th just after it happened. Sorry for being a buzzkill but this isn't the place for jokes. Hopefully you will understand this.

posted by  fudge

Fudge mate....that's the exact reason I butted in....I guess it was only you, I....and possibly Integra99 who got the hint! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I got it thats why I said sorry, I was seriously not messing around :wink2:

posted by  99integra

It's no problem, I appreciate your understanding. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Comon, using this terrible act of war to promote yor agenda against so-called conservative media is disgusting and lame.
One of the reasons Islam terrorists commit such acts is so they can have 70(I think) virgins when they get to "paradise". It's really very sad. There was news today that the attacks were suicide bombers. I cannot assume anything other than them being in hell becuase they were mislead by a couple of other Islam extremists. This whole thing is so sad I don't know what to say. I'm just glad that there are people like George Bush and Tony Blair and the other members of the coalition that have the guts to try to get rid of these disgusting people.

posted by  jedimario

It DOES matter fudge. When we attack and kill civillians, our targets are ligitiment terrorists. It is unfortunate and unaviodable that civillians will be killed though. Has there EVER been a war where no civillians were killed?? When the terrorists kill civillians, that's what they are trying to do. KILL CIVILLIANS. Instead of fighting a war, they are just trying to slaughter as many people in the free world as they can because their religion tells them to. Yes their religion tells them to. I don't know where, but somewhere in the Quran it says to cut infidels or unbelievers or w/e at the throat.

posted by  jedimario

That's why we shouldn't have gone to war in the first place. American "intelligence" claimed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and that was the reason why they went to war(if you saw the meeting before they invaded). That's why I hate Bush as all he wants to do is to fight the "terror" which is complete crap.
However when they invaded Iraq they didn't find any weapons of mass destruction. A mistake which costs thousands of lives and a bad relation with the middle east.

Not to mention Iraq is rich in oil as well :wink2: If this wasn't the case then I seriously doubt they would have invaded Iraq.

Looks like you know as much about Islam as George Bush does. How can you blame the slaughter people in the free world on religion. Al Quiada is NOT a religion, they are extremist using "religion" to propagate ther beliefs. If what you quoted from the Quran is true then why aren't all the Muslims living here aren't killing the rest of us?

Theres a difference between guts and lack of brains. The invasion of Iraq was pointless in a way to stop terrorism. In fact it has spurred on the hatred the terrorist have against USA and England and had cost thousands of lives which could have been avoidable. How do you stop terrorism? Terrorist don't just form in the middle east. They can be from all over the world. Now how you get rid of them if anyone can become a terrorst.

Instead of trying to eradicate them (which is impossible) how about trying not to be on their No.1 hate list.

posted by  fudge

Dude, I even said in my post NON-PARTISAN MEDIA. I don't have a problem with conservatives, I have a problem with news that plays off peoples emotions in order to get ratings rather then report actual, real, news. I have a problem with people who watch this "news" and blindly accept whatever it tells them without realizing these "reporters" are in the business of making money rather then providing information.

posted by  Zalight

Are you willing to give up parts of your life in order to not be #1?

Say we get out of the Middle East and leave all the countries they want us out of, do you think that will satisfy them? I doubt it. They will find something else they don't like and continue what they have been doing.

It comes down to the fact that we do not live the kind of life that they subscribe to and their religion, when taken to its extreme interpretation, calls for them to make war upon us.

The US has done some questionable things in the name of "freedom" and "democracy" but lets face it, the only way to stop these terrorists (who are being codemned by members of their own religion) is to get rid of them. If that ever happens, then it will be up to the US to make sure that it doesn't give anybody cause to start up another terror campaign against us.

posted by  theman352001

Actually islam is an extremly forgiving religon. The most extreme muslims are some of the nicest, most patient forgiving people out there. The terroists are not doing these things for religous reasons, its pure polotics.

Muslims, by their own religon MUST tolerate all other people. They simply don't agree with them.

posted by  Zalight

Depends on the direction the extremity is taken. Like the Bible, the Quran can be interpretated in a number of ways.

I'm not saying that Islam is bad. I have met some muslims that are better than most christians. But these terrorist are not acting purely political. Who would go on a suicide mission for politics? Not too many people. But if they believe they are serving their god........

posted by  theman352001

I do see where you are coming from, but what happens with those suicide bombers in particular, is that they are mislead by those in charge. The people in charge are the ones with political reasons, then they use patsies who are misinformed about their religon in order to get the dirty work done.

posted by  Zalight

How good are the pommy police in finding out who the 4 main culprits were in such a short space of time :thumbs: No mucking around with civil rights and ethnic sensibilities, just straight in with good old fashioned British efficiency.

posted by  Wally

Perhaps someone should say this: when it comes to debates about bias in the major media sources, I point this out:

Fox News is just as tainted towards the right as CNN is towards the left. Rightmarch.com is just as tainted towards the right as MoveOn.org is towards the left. The debate is pointless because both sides have their bias. The fact is, neither CNN nor Fox News actually changes, interprets, or taints the truths in the news. The biases come into play on their editorial programs (The O'Reilly Factor vs. Lou Dobbs Tonight, Cavuto vs. Larry King Live, etc.), so let us not get caught up in the semantics that we'd like to think are more prominent than they actually are, shall we?

posted by  Patrick

Exactly, and unfortunately, that is where people get most of thier news and form most of thier opinions.

posted by  Zalight

THAT is filled with so much idiocy that I'm not even going to bother....

You don't think that CNN and NBC and CBS are in the news busines to make money? They certainly aren't nonprofits, and what other kind of business's sole purpose is not to make money?

posted by  jedimario

i wouldn't consider the news a business.

newscasters work for television stations which are a business. the news is merely a service used to attract viewers. but yes they will say what they have to to attract viewers and it's moron's like us that eat it up and watch it with eager eyes. it's all a big vicious circle. it's no ones fault but our own.

posted by  carls47807

Like I said, I see where you are coming from, and I do know that they are guilty of it as well. But Fox is the biggest violator. Notice how I didn't give a link to cnn.com I gave a link to a NON partisan, NON profit organization.

posted by  Zalight

Please justify what's so idiotic about this because that's what many people see this war about. Ever wondered why countries like Australia, Japan and Canada aren't targeted?? Your points are based on your lack of knowledge about other religions as judged from what you said earlier:

You may doubt it but I think this maybe the only way to stop the insurgence attacks. Why don't we attack North Korea as they have a nuclear programme going on and that can lead to "weapons of mass destruction"?

posted by  fudge

I don't see them as being misinformed about their religon. I would be willing to bet that they know the Quran fairly well. It is that they are on one end of the extreme in their interpretation of the Quran. Sure the people in charge help them with that interpretation and perhaps their interpretation is not what the writers of the Quran had in mind.

I do not think the attacks would stop. They may stop on our troops because then they wouldn't be there but the terrorist have also labeled the people of Iraq who are helping us as infidels. Therefore, the attacks will still continue on them until the government is overthrown and a new one of the terrorists liking is put in place.

We may end up invading North Korea if current diplomatic efforts fail or they start being the aggressor. That's a time bomb over there and I am concerned how our current government will act if they need to. We don't need another bad decision that gets more countries pissed at us.

posted by  theman352001

A busimess is a business, they soley exist to make money(except for non-profits). The sole reason for CNN and Fox New's existence is to make money. The only reason NBC and CBS have newscasts at 6:30 is becuase they make money. If NBC and CBS's only intersest in their 6:30 news was to inform you, there would be no commercials during the newscast. And CNN and Fox News would keep their commercials at the lowest possible amount.
And I don't see why you say they are guilty of making money. There is just no reason for them not to! I guess that if you think it is wrong for any news company to make money, you beleive that every newspaper, newscast, internet news site, and news radio is doing something wrong.

posted by  jedimario

Your Message