Favorite Band/Artist

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Favorite Band/Artist

What's your favorite band or artist? What is your favorite song from that band/artist?

I hope you all know by now that I can never make up my mind, I have a few favorite bands:

My favorite band is The Beatles (yes I'm sure), I don't really have a favorite song of their's (there are too many!). I have the same birthday as George Harrison (lead guitarist)

My other favorites are:
Van Halen
Def Leppard
Metallica
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Bob Marley
Green Day (saw them in concert and I'm supposively supposed to meet them next time they come to the Mellon Arena in the fall)
Peter Frampton
Guns N' Roses
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
queens of the stoneage
The Offspring
Sublime
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Kansas
Rush
Aerosmith
Blue Oyster Cult
Queen

posted by  TurboLag

Haha that was funny/weird until i saw the rest :laughing: .

I like a few of the ones you have listed but i also like:

Audioslave
Saliva
System Of A Down
Metallica
Motley Crue
Nazareth (a couple)
Sum 41 (some songs)
Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath

Not sure of a favourite song, i always change my taste in music.

posted by  car_crazy89

Damn! I knew I forgot some people... Ozzy's great, I'm not a huge follower though, my friend wants to take me to Ozzfest in August. I love System Of A Down, BYOB is great :laughing: . I bet the only reason you like Audioslave is because of the 69 charger in the "show me how to live" video :wink2:, lol JK, I like 'em too. Moltey Crue is great too, I really like "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Sum 41, eh? I have a feeling they're bigger in Canada since it's they're home country. I have one of their albums. I think its all killer, no filler

posted by  TurboLag

Haha well theres more, jusy forgot them lol. Didnt know about the '69 Charger in one of Audioslaves videos, now they are definately one of my favorites :laughing: , i wanna see the Dukes of Hazzard movie just for the car (and maybe a little of Jessica Simpson).

The System Of A Down song 'Cigaro' is pretty funny 'My cock is much bigger then yours...... My shit stinks much better then yours....' lol.

Also, The Police, Linkin Park, The Who, and Steppenwolf arent bad.

posted by  car_crazy89

Have you ever heard "Oldschool Hollywood" by system of a down? That's where i got the "Tony Danza cuts in line" thing in my sig

Did you know in the new Dukes of Hazzard there is no rebel flag on the general lee? Aparrantly black activists thought it was racist or something. That's ridiculous...

posted by  TurboLag

No, i heard "Lost in Hollywood" but not "Oldschool Hollywood" (unless i have names confused). And what do you mean by "Rebel Flag"? You dont mean the Confederate Flag on the roof do you?

posted by  car_crazy89

a whole bunch of clssic rock and as for
newer rock it would have to be element eighty and the song texas cries best ****ing song ever

posted by  mx3_monster

Rebel flag, confederate flag. It's all the same in WV. After all, we are know as "The daughter of the south"

posted by  TurboLag

SLIPKNOT!!!
Trivium
Skinless
Exhumed
Mortician
Ancient Rites
Carpathian Forest
Cannibal Corpse
As I Lay Dying
Pantera
Belphegor
The Agony Scene
Six Feet Under
Blodsrit
(Old) Cradle of Filth
Soilwork
(Old) Metallica
Devil Driver
Chimaira
Goatpenis
God Among Insects
Cock and Ball Torture
Ozzy and Black Sabbath (of course)
Sentenced
Shadows Fall (you HAVE to like them)
Rotting Christ
Judas Priest
Bathory
Marduk
Burzum
Goatwhore
The Crown
Iron Maiden
Zao
Norma Jean
NunSlaughter
Slayer
Angel Corpse
Morbid Angel
Nile
Suffocation
Gadget
Anything else...you can just ask :laughing:
.....I think I MIGHT be losing you guys :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

That 69 Charger is actually a 70 Challenger :thumbs:

Right now my rotation includes:

RJD2
Gorillaz
Dismemberment Plan
Radiohead
Pearl Jam
Pavement
Alice and Chains
Robbers on High Street

posted by  boothe

i like:

copeland
ben folds five
pillar
the killers
dave mathews
yellowcard
rage against the machine
aerosmith
ac-dc

and anything in the catagory of those bands. :mrgreen:

posted by  enzo#2

Flaw
Saliva
Stone Sour
Cold
Mushroom Head
Lacuna Coil
Madside
Project 86
U.P.O.
Shinedown
Depswa
Linkin Park
Seether
Evanescence
Korn
Breaking Benjamin
Filter
Our Lady Peace
Days of the New
Staind
Crossfade
NIN
Dark New Day
Cake
The Exies
Slipknot (selective)
Mudvayne (selective)
Theory of a Deadman
3 Doors Down

I can never remember all of the bands I like when somebody asks one of these questions... but there's a few.

posted by  Bino

...it kinda seems like they're trying to get a "vanishing point" feel in that video, doesn't it?

posted by  dodger65

Maybe thats because they were :laughing: :wink2:

I haven't really heard of any of those...well, some, but not much.

Sevendust
Spineshank
Linkin Park
Metallica
Static X
Trapt
Union Underground
Offspring
Cold
Crossfade
Sum 41
Blink 182
Stone Sour
Staind
Soil
Shinedown
Simple Plan
Saliva
Rob Zombie
Rammstein
Prong
Pink Floyd
Queens Of The Stoneage
POD
Some Ozzy
Nickel Back
Mudvayne
Lost Prophets
Green Day
Gorillaz
Godsmack
Chevelle
Bush

That enough?

posted by  Satty101

I'm a BIG, BIG, BIG Meat Loaf fan....Am I the only one here? lol...sometimes feels that way!

I like a bit of Guns 'n Roses too though......I find myself listening to anything that sounds good at the time though aswell, Queen? anyone? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I agree, sometimes you just like to listen to whatevers playing at the moment. Tastes change (mine do alot, and not just on music) so it really depends. Gun 'n Roses and Queen have some good songs, not sure about Meat Loaf though. I like the beat of alot of older music and some 'metal' songs.

posted by  car_crazy89

I havent listened to Queen in a LONG time. And Meat Loaf is nasty :laughing: Haha I made a funny!

Who here has heard of The Agony Scene?

Not me..

tastes do change...for instance, Im now listening to Tom Petty...Last Dance With Mar Jane rules.

posted by  Satty101

im suddenly loving the oldies,

every breath u take
no rain
biz markie
all that jazz

posted by  Stem

Same here. Lookin for some Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, and maybe some Jackson Brown

posted by  Satty101

What, nobody likes Mozart and Bach :laughing: , I like some of they're stuff but these are the rest of the bands.

Pink Floyd
Slipknot
Korn
Children of Bodem
Marylin Manson
some CKY
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Guns and Roses
System of a Down
The Dead Kennedys
Rob Zombie
Metallica
Def Leppard
Mudvayne
Queen
Twisted Sister
Disturbed
Stone Sour
And some more I can't think of right now

posted by  99integra

Maynard Ferguson
Bill Watrous
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Royal Crown Revue
Medeski, Martin, & Woods
Santana
Marc Cohn

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Paul Oakenfold
BT
Moby
Apollo 440

Mother Love Bone
Linkin Park
The Offspring
Evanescence
Dirty Vegas
Republica
Queensryche

Actually, the list of what I like is pretty long...

posted by  ChrisV

How old are you again Chris? lol. You seem to be liking good bands, wow, can't believe you too like the offspring, moby, santana, big bad voodoo daddy, and dirty vegas

posted by  99integra

Hell, the guys in the Offspring are only a couple years younger than me (the guitarist is 6 months younger, and the lead singer is just over 2 years younger). And Carlos Santana is older than I am, so...

No, I tend to like newer music. I like listening to a lot of indie stuff, but I can't reall list any of it as "favorite" even though i like it.

But I'm a jazz musician first, so jazz, swing, and big band are my #1 loves in music, with any other music I like having a feel of those (melody, harmonies, layering, etc).

I also list a lot fo '80s hair band music as guilty pleasures, from Cinderella to Great White to Whitesnake. I know, I'm a sick individual. :laughing:

posted by  ChrisV

Haha variety's good, I just admited that I listen to Bach and Mozart :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Queen Greatest hits is an awesome album. Its one that you stick in about once every month or so and listen all the way through rockin out. Especially the guitar licks man...tight.

posted by  boothe

did i just hear you say you are a musician? what do you play? i play piano, drums, and i'm just picking up guitar. :thumbs:

posted by  enzo#2

Trumpet, French horn, Fleugelhorn, and a little keyboards and guitar (not real proficient in the last two, after over a decade of horn playing (which only uses one hand and plays one note at a time) I have a hard time following multiple lines of sheet music with two hands going in different directions...).

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah, guitar is kinda hard to learn. But once you do learn it, you can do some cool stuff with it.

posted by  Satty101

yeah, it's actually much easier than piano. of course, I started out playing cool hammer-on arpeggios, which can make you look like a lead guitar god, but really don't require much skill at all... http://www.npboards.com/images/smilies/guitarist.gif

hehehehe!

A lot of why I started to get into keyboards and guitar after college is that it looked like amore lucrative set of instruments to know. And I loved building and painting custom guitars. But, life got in the way, as usual, so now I just teach my stepson how to play (he plays trumpet in a jazz band in school). My wife plays trombone, so I'm going to get here a new one for her birthday and we can all jam together.

posted by  ChrisV

haha, maybe i'll use that as my motivation to learn how to play. I've always wanted to learn and i just recently bought an electric guitar and amp from a friend ($100) but havent done anything with it yet.

posted by  car_crazy89

piano isn't that hard. it's my favorite instrument. i'm not very good at reading music, but i can make up songs like none other. and drums is by far the easiest. guitar hurts my fingures. :mrgreen:

posted by  enzo#2

I agree....I recently bought the three disc box set of greatest hits 1, 2 & 3, and I think some of the remakes etc are great!
:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

It's not ridiculous at all. It's extremely racist. It basically represents "the (former) South" - slavery, slave supported agriculture. It's more than just a "south power" flag or whatever, showing how you like the south. It represents a justly defeated rebellion, one that was fought over the ability to own human beings based on color of skin and rich white farm owners who didn't want to pay huge-ass taxes for their labor farms. It's so utterly mullet.

posted by  abless

But if i remember the pictures right there IS a Confederate Flag on the roof still :ohcrap:

posted by  car_crazy89

It just wouldn't be Dukes of Hazard without the mullet flag somewhere.

posted by  abless

Haha i agree, i myself like it cause its looks, not what it symbolizes.

posted by  car_crazy89

April Wine
Boston
Van Halen
Ozzy
AC/DC
Nazareth
Scorpions
Rainbow
Rush
Lynyard Skynyrd
Rush
Molly Hatchet
Black Foot
Kiss (old stuff)
Deep Purple
Foreigner
Cheap Trick
Led Zeppelin
UFO
Montrose

Seether
Creed
Linkin park
Metallica
Cold Play
Green day
Velvet Revolver

And many others!!!! :thumbs:

posted by  fc7gtx

the beatles
jimi hendrix
the hives
the faint
the strokes
michael jackson
paul okenfold
heart
Motley Crue
Gorillaz
the killers
rage against the machine
aerosmith
ac-dc
...my selection is rather large... so theres a lot more...

posted by  mazda6man

Underground hip-hop anyone?

Immortal Technique
Grouch and Eli
Dead Prez
The HyroGlyphics, especially Mr Bob Dobalina himself, Del tha Funky Homosapien.

How about Techo?

DJ irene
John Digweed
paul okenfold
Sacha
orbital
Prodigy

posted by  Zalight

yeah, I have a bunch of techno/trance/electronica stuff. Like I listed Paul Oakenfold, bt, and others. I also have Funky Green Dogs From Outer Space, orbital, some Utah Saints, traci Lords, Chemical Brothers, the Crystal method (saw them live at End Fest), and a whole lot more. And a bunch of stuff from the group that started all of that, Kraftwerk (Autobahn is a cool 23 minute long song...)

posted by  ChrisV

aren't you suppose to like 45 or something? :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

45? :doh: No way. Just a young 42.... :thumbs:

posted by  fc7gtx

Your just a young guy with a nice car

posted by  car_crazy89

Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Deltron 3030, Mr. Lif, Living Legends, Lyrics Born, Gift of Gab. :thumbs:

posted by  abless

oh, ok. :mrgreen:

posted by  enzo#2

my fav bands are
metallica
breaking benjamins
godsmack
NIN

posted by  halo master

:laughing:

posted by  99integra

Theres nothing wrong with hair bands Chris! Ratt, happens to be my personal favorite in that genre \m/

I take that offensivley. Theres nothing wrong with the rebel flag. Im from the South originally (Mississippi) and I have one in front of my house. However Im NOT a racist. I have many African American friends. To me, it just represents where Im from. I dont appreciate it when someone doesnt take into consideration the people who fly it to represent where theyre from, and not for racism.

Personally I have a rebel flag in the back window of my truck that is kind of like the tint, I live in a very rural and rednecky area (personally I am a big redneck) but that doesn't make me rascist, I have a lot of african american friends also and I don't think of gathering around a burning cross thinking of how to get rid of them, that was a very biased opinion and very judgemental.

posted by  99integra

So then how bout this, whats so great about you ****in so-cal's?

posted by  99integra

How many times do I have to say it? I'm NOT from Southern California.

It doesn't matter for which reason you fly your mull flag, it still represents the same thing. The meaning never changed, only people's motives. Ever see African Americans parading through the streets waving that flag? Didn't think so. They would rather wave an American Flag, symbolizing their freedom, justice, liberty, equality, etc, not their own slavery and inequities that the south would have liked them to "enjoy" for as long as possible.

I respect your right to fly "your" flag, but consider what it means and represents. Do a little research and investigation and see what you can find.

And no, it's quite different than flying a Californian flag.

posted by  abless

What wrong with that?

Oh and Abless, Lyrics born is the shit! Have you heard Diverse, they do a lot of stuff together.

posted by  Zalight

John Dickweed :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

The first time I'd ever heard of Lyrics Born he opened for Rahzel at this small place in Eugene... that guy kicks ass.

posted by  Bino

System Of A Down and a few of my local mates.

posted by  HyundaGuy

What about southern pride? If I was from North Carolina, would it be a crime for me to be proud of where I'm from? It's just a flag representing southern states. And the south wasn't ALL about slavery, there were other reasons they seceded from the Union. So if i have a rebel flag in my room I'm automatically racist? There are tons of rebel flags in WV and I don't know a single bigot. Why should a classic TV icon be changed? Do they think it's a racist statement now and not then?

posted by  TurboLag

Never heard Diverse, but I'll look it up. Lyrics Born will be at Reggae on the River this year. Sadly, I don't have the funds to attend. :ohcrap: :ohcrap: :ohcrap:

posted by  abless

For one, I've never really said anything about anyone here being racist. I don't believe any of you here are racist and people who fly the rebel flag are not automatically racists on purpose. It's all fine and dandy to white people who want to celebrate where they're from, but try to look at it from an African American's perspective. If I were African American I would despise that flag and most everything it stood for. Everytime I might see it I would be reminded of my oppressed people. The fact that it's a defeated rebel flag makes it silly to wave it. "Look everyone, WE LOST!".

I myself like the design of it, but would never have anything to do with it because of what it means. Us "whities" don't mind it, but I believe it offends African Americans without us even knowing.

Let me ask you this: What does the USA flag mean? Do the stars and stripes denote or celebrate our location in North America, or does it (supposedly) represent Liberty, Justice, Freedom, Persuit of Happiness, etc.?

posted by  abless

I just typed a big long paragraph about this, but if I had posted It people would have taken it the wrong way, so I say we just leave this subject alone

posted by  TurboLag

if any of you wanna hear the quality of my mate's rapping (he's a white australian) then go to

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/chincheck_music.htm

you'll be suprised.

posted by  HyundaGuy

You know what it's METALLICA all the way anyway!!!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Spanky2324/sig6.jpg

posted by  Spanky2324

Holy shit, Metallica is so tired. Every freaking radio station in Oregon has a "Metallica Meltdown" of some sort, where they play tons of Metallica all the time... GET OVER IT for cryin' out loud. If I never heard another Metallica song it would not break my heart... I know, I know they were innovators and the beginning of an era... I can appreciate all that. But they're still just another rock band... damn it.

posted by  Bino

Your wrong with that one. Metallica is just not another rock band, they are metal. Rock you would be Boston or some crap like that. I can't help that they play Metallica all the time in Oregon but where I live I hear nothing but rap coming outta peoples radios and shitty car stereos in there so called "scrapers." Metallica is one of the most awesome bands ever and I will continue to listen to them. :fu:

posted by  Spanky2324

Go ahead, continue to listen to them, I have learned that retarded people are usually always happy because they don't know they are retarded. Same situation here. You like metallica because you don't understand just how much ass they suck....

posted by  Zalight

Damnit, now I'm retarded.. I have a few Metallica albums, and I like a lot of their songs. And If I'm retarded because I like them, I must be retarded for liking the rest of my list.

Damn, I hate whan that happens. :doh:

posted by  ChrisV

Dude whatever what do you listen to? I'm sure it sucks ass really hard. Theres nothing better than going fast and listening to master of puppets or fuel.

posted by  Spanky2324

Well theres no need to dis the music someone likes to listen to. Everyone has their own tastes and doesnt mean you have to like what they do or vice versa. Nothing wrong with Metallica, i like some of their songs and like listening to them at times.

posted by  car_crazy89

NO,NO,NO! Please, I am not saying don't listen to metallica, by all means, listen, enjoy. Im just saying, that you obviously can't comprehend how much they suck, nothing on you, its just that metallicas level of suck is beyond human comprehension.

posted by  Zalight

Well it does also depend on which time frame your talking about, their older stuff or newer stuff. Alot of people say the newer stuff sucks and is almost all the same and just doesnt sound right.

posted by  car_crazy89

Thats also very true. I don't say the new stuff sucks it's just not as good as there old albums cause it seemed rushed and for the first time a Metallica album with no solos was just odd.

posted by  Spanky2324

yeah mettalica rocked back in the early 90's or late 80's but as for the new stuff.....and crying about downloading thier music sure made me not wanna buy thier albums and just steal it off the net, i dont need to contribute to thier overly large wallets and noses full of cocaine, back in the day....rock on hetfield, and thanx for the good tunes but they are done, oldballs and same music, heres to limeware. in your face JAMES

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I'm quite a large Fuel fan, Flaw, Saliva, I even have the Metallica "Black Album", but their new stuff just straight blows (in my opinion). Ever since they came out with that "Whiskey in the Jar" song I just can't tolerate them.

But, if you go their website they can link you to an internet radio station that plays Metallica 24-7-365... Whoopeee...

posted by  Bino

s'ok, chrisv. i'm apparently pretty retarded myself... :drool:

posted by  dodger65

EVERYONE has metallica's black album. i call it the bandwagon cd...

newer stuff, i like about 1 song per cd, but "...and justice for all" is just art :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

What (if any) Aussie acts do you guys get over there. I'll name some of the ones that I would expect to be the most likely ... and a few randoms:

AC/DC
Silverchair
INXS (pre Michael Hutchence's death)
Jet
Powderfinger
28 Days
Grinspoon
Hunters & Collectors
Hoodoo Gurus
Screaming Jets
Crowded House (NZ)
Missy Higgins
Evermore (NZ)

posted by  windsonian

AC/DC of course
Silverchair I have their first US album
INXS (pre Michael Hutchence's death) Of course.
Jet Just got their latest album. Definitely rocks!
Powderfinger
28 Days
Grinspoon
Hunters & Collectors
Hoodoo Gurus yes
Screaming Jets
Crowded House (NZ) Definitely
Missy Higgins
Evermore (NZ) yes

I may have heard some of the others without hearing the name of the band.

posted by  ChrisV

which one was that?

posted by  windsonian

was it frogstomp? ok, what do i win? :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

yep, that was first, but I wasn't sure if you guys woulda got them before Freak Show.

posted by  windsonian

ok, but what do i win? :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

lol i listen 2 everything so i dunno if i should post my list cause ill prolly jus get flammed lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
10 cents!!!

posted by  windsonian

I like:

Slipknot
Lamb of God
Shadows Fall
Mushroomhead
Devil Driver
Coal Chamber
Otep
Lacuna Coil
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Messuggah (sp?)
Gizmachi
Metalica
Ozzy
Judas Preist
To My Surprise
Murderdolls
Skindred
Linkin Park
P.O.D.
Godsmack
Marilyn Manson
Rammstein
System of a Down
and any other Metal bands i have forgoten that i like
oh yeah... and some VERY selective rap...

posted by  starscream0

Pssshhhhh Mushroomhead BLOWS :laughing: They mocked Slipknot at one of their concerts. You cant like both. :banghead: :ticking:

Definatly Slipknot. Theyll always be #1 on my list. Other than that Probably Soilwork, Gizmachi, As I Lay Dying, and Cannibal Corpse.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I dont really give a rats ass as to who they mocked. I like both slipknot and mushroomhead's music. Of course i will always pick slipknot as my number 1 choice but i like other music as well.

posted by  starscream0

That's funny, nobody harassed me when I said I like slipknot and mushroomhead.

You know who does suck though... System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine.... those two guys can take their political bullshit and shove it straight up their ass.

posted by  Bino

actually i only really like one song from system of a down and one song from rage against the machine... i just cant get into their music... it isnt heavy enough for me

posted by  starscream0

I dont know much of Rage Against Machine but i do listen to SOAD sometimes, they do have some good songs, just dont always know what their saying. I pretty much listen to whatever i think sounds good or what kinda mood i'm in.

posted by  car_crazy89

I find that all of the Rage Against the Machine songs tend to sound alike.

posted by  starscream0

theres a bunch of bands i like so this is gonna be a kind of long post,so here i go

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Alice in Chains
Anthrax
Beatles
Black Sabbath/Ozzy
Blue Oyster Cult
CCR
Def Leppard
Donny Iris
The Doors (my favorite band ever)
The Eagles
Eric Clapton
Fog Hat
Foreigner
Fu Manchu
George Thorogood
Guess Who
Guns N' Roses
Iron Butterfly
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Journey
Kiss
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Metallica
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Queen
Quiet Riot
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rolling Stones
Rush
Santana
Steely Dan
Steppenwolf
Steve Miller Band
Stone Temple Pilots
Ted Nugent
The Who
Thin Lizzy
Tom Petty
Van Halen

theres more but i cant think of 'em right now :doh:

posted by  ChevyKid502

Yeah, they all sound exactly the same and he insists on repeating his political conspiracy line 38 times per song... and that's the whole song, I can't stand them.

posted by  Bino

Haha, I like how you put them in Alphabetical Order :laughing: . I'm glad to see that I'm not the only OCD person here :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

lol thanks but do u mean BOC? or what do u mean by OCD? lol

posted by  ChevyKid502

OCD- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

Yeah, what do you mean by BOC?

posted by  Zalight

I really thought you were being sarcastic.

posted by  Bino

I like a lot

Rammstein
DSA
Murder Dolls
Alice in Chains
Metallica
Mushroomhead
Static-X
Skinny Puppy
AFI (Not the new shit)

posted by  SyntheticTrust

TurboLag i like most of the music u like and i fuve old school hollywood ... i cant beleave car_crazy89 havent heard it lol and when i saw the slogon for oldschool i new u liked good music lol

posted by  codedrick

I didnt notice, or I wouldve :evil: :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link: http://www.car-forums.com

:mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  bopeep

Ok normally I don't really post in revived threads but this caught my eye. Synthetic I can't see you listening to Rammstein but hey whatever thats pretty awesome unless your being sarcastic about them:ticking:

posted by  Spanky2324

and yet you completely believe she listens to the other stuff on that list..... not that much different.

posted by  windsonian

Dream Theater, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me :rock:

posted by  jedimario

THE GAME

NOT Nickelback

Nas, Tupac, Biggie, KanYe West, Jay-Z, Common(Sense), Mos Def, Outkast, Lupe Fiasco, Eminem, Talib Kweli, Michael Jackson (The O.G. MJ), Wu-Tang Clan, J Dilla, The Roots, KRS-One, Consequence, DMX, Gangstarr, Bone Thugs N Harmony, De La Soul, Seal, Big Pun, Prince, Eric B and Rakim, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Busta Rhymes, MF Doom, A Tribe Called Quest, The Cool Kids, Kidz In the Hall, Gorillaz, Wale, Aesop Rock, Hilltop Hoods Rick Ross, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Pharoahe Monch, Eazy-E, Big L, Crooked I, Coolio, N.W.A., Snoop Dogg, Chamillionaire... NOTHING G-Unit.
THE BEATLES
Metallica, SUBLIME, Led Zeppelin, Pepper, 311, Tenacious D, Tom Petty, John Mayer, Rehab, Collective Soul, The Shins, Steve Vai, Disturbed, KoRn, Puddle of Mudd, System Of A Down, Damn Yankees, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Bob Marley, Trust Company, John Butler Trio, Phil Collins, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Avenged Sevenfold, Pink Floyd, Atreyu, Trivium, Rage Against The Machine, Rob Zombie, Enya & Enigma (Yeah, I said it).

oh, how times change
i couldn't resist reviving this one, just for comparison

posted by  TurboLag

well i like alot of different types of music but i'd have to say my favorites are..

Slipknot
Killswitch Engage
The White Stripes
Smile Empty Soul and so on...

posted by  xxmetalmosherxx

I was listening to these guys back in '84 when this album came out. Driving a highly modded Mazda RX3 with this blaring out the speakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ4Re8jKWU

And I still listen to their new stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdaO4kgyeyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VaeL5a2ajk

LOUDNESS!!!!!!

posted by  ChrisV

The riffs are decent, but the vocals are def. glam/hair metal. Makes my ears bleed, and not in the good way.

Personally, good Metal these days is more like:
Trivium-Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chSNremdkcc
(Metal)

All That Remains-Chiron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCkG0jUxdYg
(Metal)

Soilwork-Stabbing The Drama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzCx-3h-jo
(Melodic metal)

Scar Symmetry-Morphogenisis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mebSi4PDC34
(Melodic death metal)

And for those who believe screaming isn't talent, try it. Do it pretty much non-stop for roughly an hour and see if you can talk normally (No rasp) and continue without coughing through the whole hour. As a vocalist myself, it takes practice and technique. It's harder than you think.:wink2:

posted by  Satty101

Pepper

really cool hawaiian band
http://www.wonzwebz.com/pepper/playa.htm

posted by  mazda6man

And one of my current favorites:

Victory, by Bond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vmuHlgaRU

http://www.bondmusic.net/

posted by  ChrisV

Still listenin to country
Kyle Bennet band