How has CF helped you?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  How has CF helped you?

I was just wondering how you've been helped, or inspired by CF?

For example, did you join intending just to ask a question, and flamed by the almighty hobo in the process, and been here ever sinse?

Did you join just for your love of cars, and searched under "Cars" or "Car forums" in Google?

How have we here helped you?....feel free to name names, especially if one of us flamed you in the process of helping you...We've all been there.....even me, hard to believe as it may seem lol.

So guys, come on, feed our ego's some more and tell us what made ya stick around....you could even treat this thread as a place to reminice about the old days...If you so please! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I am here right now because I love this place and I'm filling in the Hobo's position :laughing: J/K, and Cliffy I just joined your forum, you'll love my username :wink2:

posted by  99integra

You did?....wahoooo, I have another member, dont fancy trying to liven the place up, do you? lol *refrains from advertising*

posted by  Cliffy

I will bro don't worry :wink2:

posted by  99integra

it helped me remember that anything's possible and some major cool engine transplants can be done, apart from that i found the forum from typing "car forums" into google.

umm... i'm stayin' cause the people are nice and yall ask good questions.

posted by  HyundaGuy

I'm not sure how I found this forum, I remember surfing during my computer class and stumbled across it and joined. My first post was a "first car post" (sorry steven I never introed :laughing: )and got flamed by ChrisV and Bino, and I think steven flamed a bit too :laughing: . And I've been here ever since. Oops, I gotta go. I'll coninue this later

posted by  TurboLag

Bastard :evil: :laughing: . Yes I do remember flaming you, but I do it to everybody :wink2:

posted by  99integra

On an unusually serious note for me. CF, not so long ago, had it's vigilante members, who anti.....well, anti-any sort of moderating really lol. I must say, now it's calmed down a big, I for one am certainly happier in my job....the Mod job that is, not my real job lol...that still sux :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I can round off a couple right now, Ki2AY, What, Hobo, Jay-G and Godlaus sometimes

posted by  99integra

Um.....not to name any other names, but DodgeRida too.....I could say more, but wont, as it could be slanderous lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Same here :wink2:, log on to your Msn too :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Pick me, pick me !

I joined because I thought I might gain a little info...... I'm still waiting :mrgreen: As a bonus I had DSMer take his best shot, followed by his mentor ChrisV, both of whom should post more often. I found VWHobo quite courtious to me.

Seriously though I did want to see how the other half lived and am quite suprised at how pleasant the majority are. The poms on the other hand ..... :rolleyes: :laughing:

posted by  Wally

Grrrr, I'll pretend I didn't hear/read that lol :ohcrap: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

what about me? :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

Where did Hobo and DSMer go?

posted by  fudge

I have put a LOT of hours into this forum. And I've only been here for like 3 months. CF keeps me sane and gives me something to do.

posted by  TurboLag

I joined because everytime I did a search for car info I was inevitably lead to this site. Over and over. So I eventually said screw it and joined.

Why have I stayed? What can I say? I love you guys! :laughing:

Honestly, its because it gives me something to do while im at work and it has introduced me to a lot of different opinions and views, taught me a lot about cars I didn't know anything about before, and shown me just how crazy some people can be. And MAYBE I like you guys.....A little...maybe. :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

I had originally found this place a couple years ago and read alittle and then forgot about it, then i found it again searching for car things and decided to join.

I havent been flamed really as far as i know but when i first started a few of my posts became flame wars (DSMer, VWHodo, 88Grandprix, etc) but still found everyone helpful.

I have stayed cause i like this place, most people here are easy to get along with and i have learned some interesting things from here.

So with nothing else really to say, Thanx Guys for any and all help i have recieved from you, hope to be there for you if ever needed (doubt it lol) :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

i think i just wanted to find a forum to talk about cars... but i dont remember, ...to long ago...

posted by  mazda6man

I joined because I had just found out about forums so I might aswell talk on a forum concerned around something I liked, but knew nothing about (Cars). I learned a little but realized that I wasnt really going to learn much of anything without actually working with cars. Which I currently do now. Fun. So I mainly stayed because I liked talking with the people. Except for that Cliffy guy. He starts some of the most pointless threads ever. :orglaugh: j/p

But I eventually became a moderator which made me want to stay more, and that leads me to where I am now.

posted by  Satty101

I joined because I had a question...a very long drawn out question that lasted for 2 months. :laughing: I stayed because I like you guys (sometimes) and I like cars. What I don't like is being belittled by people (I won't name names) because you aren't as skilled as they are. There seems to be an awful lot of you're wrong stupid sort of replies to a lot of posts on here....and an awful lot of hostility (Steven) :laughing: to newbies. Other than that, I like this place, so I've stuck around. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

Grrr lol....like wise, Satty
:thumbs:

Do you guys remember that guy who was here a while ago...cant remember his name...he had lots of cars and money lol....cmsdoin or something?....he was very hostile I seem to recall. But, I love you guys lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

i came to cf for the wrong reasons, and stayed for the right reason.

a while back, my brother called me w/ a car problem. he had done a search online for people w/ similar problems and found a thread here. he said "i'm gonna email you a link to this-- you're not gonna believe what an asshole this guy is being to this poor guy that needed help!" so i read it. then i created a username for the express purpose of pm-ing the flaming member that he was wrong (and being a jerk). this led to a small scale pm flame discussion, then a cease fire. i stuck around. after my head banging session w/ a certain member, i heard from the first guy via pm, and we agreed that sometimes flaming can be justified. so i stuck around some more and despite some occasional uprisings, CF has been a nice, friendly place ever since. i like to help people when i can, and CF lets me.... thanks, guys! :thumbs: (and girls--wouldn't forget ya tc97 :wink2: )

posted by  dodger65

Don't be a playa hata :laughing:. If they don't introduce themselves, advertise, or do the slightest thing to make me mad, I throw a flaming ball of shit at them, I am good to the regular members though :wink2:

posted by  99integra

wellll back in the day, like Satty, I had heard about the concept of a forum, and then googled "Car Forums" and got this. looked around a little bit, and then joined. this was back in the good old days, when everyone was pleasant for the post part. so then I became a part of the 'community,' and in november of sometime Adam asked me to be a mod, because the mods at the time (57ock and something else...) sucked anus, so I came on board. and the rest is history. I like it mainly because its a good place to see what other people's view on life, the world, and random sh*t is. and its good to see some flame wars. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

might be easier if you were around more. :wink2:

posted by  Satty101

well, yes. but i'm working a lot at my new job, and have some form of a social life. so its usually hard to get on to the forums enough to be as active as before... :ohcrap:

posted by  SuperJew

Wasn't one of them Loophole? or something like that...

posted by  Cliffy

Snoopewhite..

posted by  Satty101

no snoope was never a mod. but i remember the good old days with him. aah, that catty old brit :laughing: .

and Cliffy - yes, it was Loophole! thanks, mate. :hi:

posted by  SuperJew

I had a question, so I joined about 4 or 5 forums and posted it ... got the best and fastest responses from here, and the rest, as they say, is history.

posted by  windsonian

I could've sworn he was...meh. Whatever.

posted by  Satty101

LOL...No probs....love the British accent btw, SJ Mate :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Nope...I'm the only British Mod in CF history! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Whoo Hoo, thats something to be proud of :thumbs:

GOOOOO CLIFFY!!!

posted by  car_crazy89

Yup....*proud to be a British CF Moderator* :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

I think Im just going to keep my comments to myself on this one... :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101