another member gets put on the chopping block (gets banned)

Home  \  Off Topic  \  another member gets put on the chopping block (gets banned)

welp steven was a nice guy only gave n00bs a hard time an ppl who didnt like him but i guess he "went 2 far" but with bav what is "2 much" i no many on here have worshiped the mods an u no what more power 2 u but sumtimes u gotta cut the abilical cord an break away. u can only "suck up" so much until ppl get a "bighead" an im not sayin any1 is getting 1 im jus sayin they r mods not ur boss at work they dont give u a pay check. An by no means am i sayin that steven didnt deserve it(sry if u c this) but i mean steven was on here for a long time an wheather or not u liked him or not didnt he always keep the noobs in check an the flame war starters granted he started his fair share of flame wars didnt he always stick up 4 the other users when ever WHAT, JAY G, or WHO started flame wars. so im against bav.'s ruling an i do understand that Bav. an Satty made the decision 2 gether but i 4 1 think that Bav. has a grudge against steven

BRING BACK STEVEN

posted by  hhsrastler92

be careful kid.

posted by  TurboLag

Well it does get me thinking/wondering. Like that means if either VwHobo was here or DSMer or even 88Grandprix were still aorund that they all would get banned, cause they all were worse then Steven was (they too did their share of helping but also did ALOT of flaming at the same time). I'm not totally sure the reason for Stevens banning but i doubt it is as bad as some members that are and once were here. This 'power' that Bav and Satty have changes this whole site (for everyone here before this change occured) and it is alot to get used to. I dont understand why there wasnt a probation set up first (as more of a serious warning). I myself dont wanna get banned but i also am not sure if this was a reasonable banning :2cents:

posted by  car_crazy89

I'm not either...but I don't fully understand the circumstances.

However, there is a fan club!

posted by  hondaman

I understand your issues, but dont panic......I can assure you (as can Bav & Satty, i'm sure!)....that unless you are constantly causing trouble/advertising etc...you wont be banned!

And hhsrastler...you ever tried English lessons? lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

ALright, well then i shouldnt have to worry much (dont advert or cause trouble really) but i still am curious and kinda questionable on Stevens banning. He has caused some trouble lately but i dont think its anything more then a few other members have. If Bav (or Satty) could stop banning and take some time to explain to us why they came to this conclusion and reason why it was best it would be appreciated. If there isnt a response then i take it there might not be a totally fair/reasonable reason why. Thanx :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

I have to be carefull what I say here lol.....I have to remain neutral I guess. In other words, I respect Bav & Satty's decition to Ban Steven. I was wondering myself, if the Hobo would be banned if he was still here?.....or maybe that's why he was demoted from a Mod a while back?....I dont know, as I said....I'm remaining neutral :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I really dont blame you Cliffy, staying neutral is the best idea i believe. Still think you should have the same powers as Bav and Satty, they worked hard but so have you, and it seems Adam (UFF) may not of noticed that.

posted by  car_crazy89

i can't help but think that if they feel justified in banning him and are comfortable with their decision, they should have no problem telling us exactly why he was banned. otherwise it makes no sense. how can you make an example of someone if not everyone knows what rule was being broken? and to what extent? banning (and the long lost "probation") should be used as a tool to educate members as to exactly where the lines are drawn in the sand... IMHO

posted by  dodger65

I agree with you Dodger, i think you said anything i couldnt think of or explain.

posted by  car_crazy89

I don't even know who "Steven" is...

posted by  BavarianWheels

Would you rather 99integra? You know which person we're talking about, unless there were some other active/loyal members banned recently.

posted by  car_crazy89

Ok...99integra. Thanks for letting me know, now I'm getting the pic. I was lost.

Active, loyal? That's quite comical.

Haha alright then, atleast he came around, he did help (sometimes) and he wasnt as bad as some of the members that were and still are around.

Might be comical cause i'm a funny guy :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

We have differing opinions.

Which opinions would that be on? Since you are the one with the power, would you care to explain them?

posted by  car_crazy89

Sure...my opinion is that 99integra deserves to be banned. To substanciate my opinion, I need only look at his post history for the past month or two. He's changed and has become more of a problem than someone that adds to the forum community...especially because he's a "loyal" member. He was warned on no less than two occasions by me in which both times he asked for forgiveness and said he would change.

Well...no change. If there was nothing to ask for forgiveness for, then why would he ask for forgiveness? In fact he started a thread a couple of weeks ago admitting his "bad mood"...

Now...If you have a problem on how this forum is being moderated...PLEASE PM THE ADMIN!!! If he thinks you have a case, he will certainly tell us to change our manner in which we mod...or he'll tell you to stop whining.

Life is simple. Get along...or move along. No one is twisting your arm to stay where you don't like.

There aren't too many rules to suffer under here at CF. NO ADVERTISING, and DON'T BE A "PROBLEM CHILD"...

Bottom line here is that 99integra had AT LEAST two warnings...I'm not sure if any other mod warned him. He chose to remain a problem.

Problem child / Advertiser = BAN

And you never thought of 'probation', i think that would help bring reality. If put on probation you'd know they were serious, after going for so long on this site without any order or power from any of you everyone got used to doing whatever the hell they wanted. Why would i waste my time trying to PM/E-mail an Admin who seems not to give a shit about this place anymore. I've PM'd Adam (UFF) a few times (about various things) and have not recieved a response yet, maybe soon though. He gave you and Satty all the power to this place and i'm not sure if that has been the best idea, not saying you abusing your powers but i'm still kinda questionable on some accounts. You've done a good job but this time i dont think so. I've noticed his chnage in attitude/opinion on things and it wasnt a good one but then again there is a few others like that. Your a good guy when you want to be but then theres the other side. I gotta ask, if you banned Steven (99integra) for your reasons, are you saying if vwhobo, 88granprix, DSMer and others like them were still around you would have had them banned too? They were all atleast 3 times worse the Steven (99integra) were so then they wouldnt be around anymore either? Might just be me but i kinda doubt it.

posted by  car_crazy89

...and when those "few others" make themselves stand out like 99integra...they'll probably get banned too.

BTW...we don't have the "power" to put anyone on "probation". Even if I could, I think because of the numerous chances given 99integra, the ban is the best thing.

BTW2...bans are just as easily reversed.

Yes but you have never seemed to like Steven (99integra) so why would you reverse the ban? And if you have the power to ban, why dont you also have the power to put on probation. I like this place at most times but then theres times when the rules just dont make sense, or some decisions dont seem right, and no we/i cant take them up with the Admin cause as you know he's not active so the only thing people can do it live with it or leave, and by the looks of it alot of people are sick of it and have just left.

posted by  car_crazy89

I know it's a bummer we can't put people on probation...take it up with admin.

You don't have to "live with it"...PM Unfedfat...he's on at least once a week apparently. If he ignores you...you have your answer. If he PM's me or another mod to change...you get your answer.

If admin PM's me...believe me...I will let everyone know what has changed.

It's obvious you've never been out in the "real" world. When does anything ever make sense when looking from the "bottom" up? (that's not meant to put you or anybody down...it's a figure of speech.)

After I did a search on him, 99integra seemed like he just wanted for people to introduce themselves lol, don't be hatin for my opinion :laughing:

posted by  93ranger

thank you very much, bav. that was exactly what i was asking for.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

posted by  dodger65

Cliffy I sent a 2 page PM to UFF, In one part I suggested that you become a super mod :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

What about a suspension then?

After two warnings, ban someone for a week or two, then if they mess up again ban them.

posted by  Zalight

tread lightly, zalight... methinks you are trying to make this a democracy... :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Turbolag, i've done the same thing. And Zalight, i agree with you. ATleast then Steven (99integra) would now know the 'Super Mods' are serious and should straighten up. Bav, as i said, the Admin doesnt seem to care all too much anyways, i've sent him a couple PM's about different things and theres nothing. What would he care about who you choose to ban off this forum, he's not around so he wont notice or miss them.

posted by  car_crazy89

Thanx...and thanx Car Crazy....I know you guys would like to see me as a Super Mod....I'm just not sure if Adam would warrent three of us lol.....It's nice to feel wanted though.

On the subject of banning....I think the question has been answered, unfortunatelly, Steven did show some hostility on a regular basis, which the rules do address :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I agree, he did show some hostility that was kinda unneeded but i dont really think it was enough for a banning, its not like every thread he posted in was a flame war. The question has been answered but i'm not sure that everyone agrees with the punishment, i guess it depends on how long the ruling is. I may change my mind about it but for now i dont agree.

posted by  car_crazy89

As Bav said, a Ban isn't permenant.....it never is lol......although in the world of CF I think members wouldn't come back even if the ban was lifted!

I also dont see why the Super Mods cant put members on probation......It just doesn't seem to make sense, I think it's the Forum that wont let SM's do that, rather than the Admin! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I understand it isnt permanent but it doesnt mean Bav will for sure change his mind and give him another chance.

And i dont understand that Super Mod thing either, should have thje choice of probation, dont know why the site would be like that.

posted by  car_crazy89

well im likin the feedback on this thread an its not meant 2 b a bash bav thread

posted by  hhsrastler92

Noones really bashing Bav.

posted by  car_crazy89

i no but jus 2 let ppl no

posted by  hhsrastler92

I don't know why a super mod cannot put someone on probation. I just can't seem to do it...I've tried. The option is there...but there is no "submit" button or "keep changes"...I've tried every which way.

Listen...I've not even checked if 99integra has even come back via another login name by checking IP's...he's certainly free to do so and try again. For now his acct. of 99integra is banned.

Why don't one of you that are going through withdrawls of him get a hold of him and let him know that.

So can I use this one or will you ban this one hence the try again statement, and Bav, you really do have a problem with me so tell ya what, do you have an IM service like AIM, MSN or Yahoo, if so I need to talk to you

posted by  93ranger

It's a bit of a storm in a teacup isn't it?

Take advertising= who cares really. If the link site is spam then the mods just get around to changing the link to something like this (http://www.needlepoint.org/)

If it's some sod trying to drum up membership to another forum = so what. If it's any good we should know about it, if not it will not sustain an existance. If it has some snakeoil product listing someone will invariably ask if it's legit and the wise members will set things straight.

Then flaming and griping = well sometimes it's warranted and most of the time amusing. Take Chrisv...please :wink2: ....he took a while to take his first potshot at me (even though I laid a scent Peppy Le Pew couldn't mask) then he hit his straps and I think enjoyed himself, I know I did :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

...who are you?

You cant tell? lol.

I'll give you a hint, who is this thread about? (other then kinda you) lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

If you don't mind...I'd like the person to tell me exactly who they are...thx.

I'm not as dumb as you may think.

Wow Bav, nowhere did i say you were dumb, its obvious you are the total opposite, but you are funny :thumbs: . But alright, he can tell ya lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

No...that came across wrong...sry.

Alright, its kinda my fault to then, i took it the wrong way. Sorry

posted by  car_crazy89

Okay, seems like you want to know for sure so okay, yes I am 99integra, you seem to have a real problem with me, I would like to clear that up, I can't do that if I am banned on my 99integra account I can't atleast try to clear things up so....

posted by  93ranger

You have this new acct...you are quite able to "clear things up."

What happened to Steven? :ohcrap:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Alright Bav check your PM's, and I got banned Ford

posted by  93ranger

Have you read this whole thread? lol. I think somewhere in here it explains, kinda.

posted by  car_crazy89

Ugh! I cant believe that this is happening at CF! Steven: please stay active through your other account! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Wassssuuuuuuupppp

posted by  99integra

Aww damn, not you again :wink2:

Welcome Back :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

Technically I left for a day

posted by  99integra

Ya but noones getting technical :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

What up yo?

posted by  Zalight

I have NO idea how I missed this thread. For the record, I banned steven (99integra). However, it was never really my plan to perma-ban him. But seeing as how he made a second account, I got pissed off and for now he's on thin ice. I talked with him, and if he does anything like he did in the past (Flame and whatnot) then he's gone Permanantly. IP, SN, everything. As for proof:

Stevens Integra: he blocked me
Stevens Integra: lol
Olds442Rock2: well gee, I wonder why
Stevens Integra: i don't know you tell me
Stevens Integra: so you saw the it is official thread?
Stevens Integra: or do you not care?
Stevens Integra: because he is a little whiny bastard
Olds442Rock2: Yeah...I saw
Olds442Rock2: or maybe you're just aq dick who doesn't care...
Stevens Integra: ah
Stevens Integra: i do
Stevens Integra: don't hate the playa hate the game
Olds442Rock2: no game to play
Olds442Rock2: One more strick and you're perma banned
Stevens Integra: uh
Olds442Rock2: I mean IP, SN, EVERYTHING
Olds442Rock2: Strike*
Olds442Rock2: Im sry
Olds442Rock2: very tired
Stevens Integra: fine
Stevens Integra: damn bro you really got a prollem with me don't ya
Olds442Rock2: Shape up Steve
Olds442Rock2: I try to show Bav that you're not that bad of a member and you dig yourself into a deeper whole by making another account
Stevens Integra: sorry
Stevens Integra: delete that if you want
Olds442Rock2: And now you've talked to Bav clearing your differences, but guess what?
Olds442Rock2: Im still pissed off that yiou would try something like that
Stevens Integra: bro chill out, won't happen again
Stevens Integra: delete that topic then
Stevens Integra: aight, it was stupid, I apologized
Stevens Integra: i promise I won't do it again, we cool?
Olds442Rock2: Just remember what I said
Olds442Rock2: and don't flame nOObs anymore if they dont introduce themselves
Olds442Rock2: it aint a big deal
Stevens Integra: okay
Olds442Rock2: it's not mandatory
Stevens Integra: i know but it should be
Stevens Integra: they all leave after they get their answer
Stevens Integra: so if i comply
Stevens Integra: we are cool
Stevens Integra: if not
Stevens Integra: into the furnace
Stevens Integra: ay?
Olds442Rock2: correct

posted by  Satty101

So there Ricer, my apology :wink2:

posted by  99integra

the rest of us can still flame noobs, right? :wink2: :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

I think satty likes to do that himself, you know, the whole Noob Killa thing.

Haha, just messin with you satty, you know I love you! :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

Welcome back Steven. I wonder if StiMan was banned if such an uproar would be caused... probly not.

Lol, welcome back man. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Haha, that's on a dif. board. besides, I only harass the ones I know. :wink2:

posted by  Satty101

I thought that was Hobo's job... ;)

posted by  ChrisV

Lol, ya. But I dont think he has been doing it lately.

posted by  StiMan

I don't think he's been around lately to do his job...

posted by  Satty101

I kinda filled it in but am not anymore :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Your Message