Tell them you care...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Tell them you care...

I have a friend who I've known since I was in the 7th grade. We got in a fist fight over some little thing, and some how turned out to be friends. We were always hanging out and such. Well, 10th grade, he turned 16 and decided to drop out of school. I didn't think much of it, but his life started just... declining from there. Couldn't keep a job, lost lots of his friends... I just felt kinda bad for him because of what he did with his life, so I encouraged him to go back to school and finish out the rest of his years, get his diploma and get a good paying job. He wouldn't do it.

Anyway, I know him pretty good. He's a very quiet person unless someone tries to start something with him, then he stands up and puts up a fight. Not someone who goes crazy over some little thing.

I just got a phone call from a friend of mine who says that police found his body near a local river, early this morning. It seems that something happened, and for some reason, he got a hold of a gun and killed a man and his 9 year old daughter and burned down their house. He then fled and turned the gun on himself.

I never did tell him how much I really cared about him as a friend. He was a good friend to me and I will always remember that. If you have a friend like that, don't make the same mistake I did, tell them that you care about them before it's too late. I just wish I had did this the other day when I saw a message on here about telling someone how much you care about them.

This is not some stupid chain letter that I copied, nor am I asking for your sorrys. I just needed to get this off my chest and since I spend so much time on this forum, I felt this would be the best place.

Thank you for your time.

posted by  Satty101

Wow Satty......I wasn't sure to start with whether or not it was a (bad) joke.......I kept expecting to see a link at the end for the dodgy site you copied this from....but I never saw that link, So I assume it's for real. I know you're not the type to make something like this up. I know ya dont wanna hear all the sorrys....but I think you'll prolly get 'em.....Take care Satty, mate :ohcrap: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Wow, I am so sorry about your friend. Chances are he did know how much you cared, youve made it quite obvious here. It sucks when life throws us hard balls like that. I agree, the best thing to do is let people around you know how much you care. And my condolences go out to you.

posted by  HollyBerry

On behalf of the CF community: *big bear hug for Satty*

posted by  windsonian

damn satty. that just blows some serious goat nads....

but don't kick yourself around too much for things you didn't say, because being a friend to him even when others turned away from him spoke stronger then words ever could have.

posted by  dodgerforlife

This is true Satty. Not every relationship is one that can handle such expressions even if the feelings are there. Expecially between males.

posted by  theman352001

I'm really sorry Satty. Don't try and put the blame on yourself, that's the worst thing you can do, feel guilty for it. What a shame, you have my utmost sympathy. It's not easy losing someone, especially a friend.

posted by  moostang104314

Damn Kev I fell for ya bro, I lost one of my dear friends when he was driving drunk at night and hit a broken down 18 wheeler and flew threw the windshield and hit so hard it decappitated him :ohcrap:

posted by  93ranger

Your Message