Photoshop

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Photoshop

I'm just curious as to how hard it is to get good at doing your own photoshops. Like i wanna try getting one (probably downloaded) and learn how do use it. At first i wont really worry about shadows or anything really in the background, just how to change the picture (in my case it'd be my truck). I I have an idea of what i'd wanna do to the picture(s) but need to know how hard it is to learn. Any help would be appreciated, thanx.

Haha, theres only so much you can do with 'Paint' lol, and i'm not very good with doing things there and cant get what i want lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Go out and "buy or whatever" the latest version of PS and start playing. Notice the layers that unlike paint you can control. Notice the plethora of brushes. Play around and ask q's or something. It's alot of fun especially with cars.

posted by  VG30DE

It's pretty user-friendly unless you want to start doing some "real" photoshopping...

But for basics...its easy.

posted by  BavarianWheels

i made my sig all by myself in photoshop and imageready, ps 7 is the easiest.

posted by  Stem

Well i now have Abode Photoshop CS 8. I've been playing around trying to figure out what things do and that is helping a little. I do wanna try some 'real' photoshopping (like adding/replacing parts with a pic from somewhere else, etc) but i think i have a lot to learn about it first. Thanx :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

as far as finding and replaciing parts from another pic, its not that hard. The only thing you really need to know how to do is manipulate layers. This should help... http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/layers/intro.htm

I took an intro to photoshop class in HS and I loved it. It's really a lot of fun.

posted by  elchango36

I have Adobe CS with photoshop 8. I've been using it a little bit for years, but I'm not a huge fan, especially for quick stuff. I much prefer the much cheaper Corel PhotoPaint, from the Corel Draw suite. Layers are there, but the concept of masks and objects is much simpler to deal with, and easier to manipulate than the PS layers and layer effects.

posted by  ChrisV

Alright, thanx guys. I might try to get that Corel Photopaint program also. I can be a fast learner when it comes to things i wanna know so hopefully this wont be hard for me. Thanx again :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

Photoshop is amazing but gives me a headache.

posted by  jcjc

im happy with my photo impressions 5 ....does all the basics like layering, shadows blah blah blah and it came free with my camera

posted by  black_plague

i love photoshop - I have 7.0 and CS on my machine... I really should use it more..

posted by  dodgerforlife

could someone with photoshop do me a favor?

posted by  hhsrastler92

what do you need oh spandex master? :orglaugh:

posted by  dodgerforlife

make me avator that fits i can supply the pic

posted by  hhsrastler92

fork er over

posted by  dodgerforlife

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/hhswrestler92/stateteam_subsinglet.jpg thanx :thumbs:

posted by  hhsrastler92

ill get it done after work.

posted by  dodgerforlife

thanx :thumbs:

posted by  hhsrastler92

I took a class in 3d animation that had ps on the computers so when i was done with the 3d work I would mess around and eventually got better and then "bought" it. Heres one of my old works with and escalade and a rx-7
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Spanky2324/veilsideescaladecopy.jpg

posted by  Spanky2324

thats sweat :thumbs:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Does anybody know of any websites that has many different auto body parts ready for download to use in photoshop, I heard that they existed but didn't know what to search. Thanks

posted by  Accord_Man

heyyyyyy

got a present for ya rastler :)

65x80 pixels, 17.9kb - 80x80 just looked odd...

posted by  dodgerforlife

No, i wish i did, it would help alot.

posted by  car_crazy89

I have a question, if you want to put a different bumper from a different car onto your project car, do both car pictures have to be the exact same angle, or can you take the bumper from the car and make it 3-d and rotate it or something.

posted by  Accord_Man

thanx :clap:

posted by  hhsrastler92

you could do it, its just a biatch, you dont use 3d, you use skew and perspectives...

posted by  dodgerforlife

i took a graphics class an we did a lil bit of photoshop but not enough to do anything real big but i really wanna get it an learn it

posted by  hhsrastler92

Yeah, it's called Google Image Search.. heheheheh. Seriously, that's all I use, plus a knowledge of what I'm looking for to get the right parts.

posted by  ChrisV

heheh...thats what I did when looking for a new background for a new siggy im working on :thumbs: "dodge ram + bull bar"

posted by  dodgerforlife

You have to have them close. Skew and distort is always visibly wrong. And since the pixels you see on any 2D image are only from one angle, there is no way of software knowing what non-visible parts look like to create them. YOU have to know that, and have some artistic ability.

To illustrate this, print out a picture of a bumper from a front 3/4 view. Cut it out with scissors, and spin it around in front of you. You will never see any part that wasn't visible already, and the angles will never change. That's all any software package can do.

posted by  ChrisV

ok thanks, this is going to be time consuming.

posted by  Accord_Man

Your Message