Dukes of Hazzard

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Dukes of Hazzard

I just came back from seeing dukes of hazzard, and was wondering who else saw it who could tell me how realistic it was, like how much real damage would happen to a car when it was being launched off a ramp and all like in the movie. just courious. and it was a pretty good movie by the way.

posted by  c90acm

i didnt see it but i plan on it,it'll never be as good as the original tho

posted by  ChevyKid502

I dont think remakes are ever really as good...apart from 'Gone In 60 Seconds' :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

The stunt drivers do it and pull it off but you would have bent chassis, rims, ****ed up suspension and somethin jiggling afterwords

posted by  99integra

I haven't seen it yet but i plan on seeing it soon. It looks good though, especially Daisy :drool:

Well lets put it this way; they had over 30 General Lees and destroyed like 28 of them :wink2:

posted by  TurboLag

Were the ones destroyed original Chargers?

posted by  c90acm

You should have stayed for the credits, they showed the real landings to a couple of the jump scenses, the cars really got trashed.

Oh and does anybody know who did the stunt driving in that movie? Anybody who can drift and handle a car that big and heavy that well at high speeds is an awesome driver

posted by  airmanUSN

i read about it in this one magazine but i dont have it anymore,it said he was a pro for like 15 years and is one of the best

posted by  ChevyKid502

Well if you ever watch the original shows, when they jump watch closely when it lands, you can see the body and everything just crumple. They use(d) concrete blocks in the rear to help balance out the weight. I think they were real cars they wrecked (in the new movie) but were junkers and may not all of been 69's either. I heard somewhere that for the original show they used about 3 cars and episode.

posted by  car_crazy89

I want to see it. So I guess its worth it? Jessica Simpsons is smoking in it.

posted by  boothe

also on the original show im pretty sure the cars they used for jump scenes where mid engine cars.

posted by  72firebird

Not sure, i'm pretty sure they were smaller engines like the 318 and i know they used concrete blocks in the back to help even out the weight.

posted by  car_crazy89

yea im not 100% positive about it. i saw a show and they were showing general lees. and it showed a mid engine general and said they used it for some of the jump scenes. but my memory isnt the best and this was like 4-5 months ago. also on a side note. its nice to see the old shows havent died like bad news bears and the dukes. but wha id like to see is them re do a movie for rockford files. rockford files was cool. he was always ramming people with his cars and callin em turkeys and stuff. and he didnt taKe no shit. he was always punchin people and he hid a gun in the cookie jar lol

posted by  72firebird

Well i did some reasearch and about the TV show:

"Very little stunt footage was ever reused in "The Dukes of Hazzard." That means that every time you see the General make a jump - and come crashing down - the stunt crew went out and performed that jump. Of course, there isn't a car in the world that can drive away from a jump the likes of the ones the General performed. In fact, each jump practically destroyed the car, ripping the engine mounts, bending the chassis, and ruining the suspension. At first, the studio bought replacement cars from nearby used car lots (where the original was found). However, they quickly bought and crashed every 1969 Dodge Charger in the region. Eventually, a special studio shop was built that cranked out General Lees, along with the other various vehicles driven and crashed in the show. Over 150 General Lees were produced, along with 500 other cars, mostly police cars."

And about the Movie:

"In an interview with Cinema Confidential, Scott reports that all of the stunts were actually performed - there'll be no computer generated General Lee flying through the air. The stunt crew from the "Bourne Supremacy" worked on the Dukes film. After a few weeks of training, Scott also got to drive the General for a few scenes. Knoxville confirmed Scott's skill in another interview. "Seann was training like four hours a day with Bobby Ore and Seann's damn good now," he said. "Reverse 180s, drifting, he's really good and he gets to do a lot of the driving in the movie."

I got all this from howstuffworks.com

posted by  c90acm

im gonna go c it w/my gf an then again with sum twins that i havent talked 2 n a while

posted by  hhsrastler92

im guessing the twins names are left nut and right nut :laughing:

posted by  72firebird

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/MMAowned.jpg

posted by  99integra

nope lol lindsey an lauren met em at the club they were on vacation an asked us ( me an my best friend) if we wanted to go to the movies so we were like sure

posted by  hhsrastler92

Does your gf know about this? lol

posted by  car_crazy89

yup lol she was the one who told me to go lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

"Ya um, we never planned on doing 'stuff', they must have slipped something in the popcorn" :laughing: .

posted by  car_crazy89

lol its the same at the club we agreed we can look an dance but not touch lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

lol they slipped me the date rape drug in my popcorn

posted by  72firebird

lol they live like 45 minutes away from each other lol so i mean theres not a ring on my finger yet lol jk

posted by  hhsrastler92

this is the voice of experience. STOP WHAT YOUR DOING RIGHT NOW. 45 minnutes isnt far enough. take it from me man. 2 pussies can quickly turn to none. its easier to keep one then get two and lose both

posted by  72firebird

dude trust me i know ive had it happin before ima teen im suppost to have fun an get caught lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

i dont know about you. but getting caught is never fun. ever. its funny though in my case. it was chris that made me cheat on my girlfriend, and then i wouldnt **** her so she got me busted. and turned my g/f against me so we broke up. then after we broke up chris was banging down my door trying to get my dick again. of course i had nothing to lose after that so i gave her what she wanted. :mrgreen: you aint had sex till youve had sex with a skank. they know how to work that shit

posted by  72firebird

lol i have bn there as a matter of fact i was n that same situation last week only instead of sex she wanted to give me head but her friends wanted me to so i played it out lol

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message