i hate life

Home  \  Off Topic  \  i hate life

tonight i came from the movies with my friend an his sister an when i get home my little brother tells me that my parents are getting divorced. so i come in an there argueing so i try an have them level with each other an then my mom is getting all offensive an starts to pull the bitch card so now i dunno what am i suppost to do her an my lil brother are leaving in to weeks

please help

posted by  hhsrastler92

damn man. that really blows a left goat nut. fortunately i havent had to go through that....so unfortunately i really have no advice except to keep your head up...

posted by  dodgerforlife

its jus like im emotionless an shocked an it sucks so bad its like jus yesterday everything was great an now 15 years of love is jus gonna go down the drain

posted by  hhsrastler92

I too dont know what its like but it was close, my mom was already packing up and looking for apartments. That was before my dad stopped drinking and changed. I dont know what to tell you, i hope that maybe its just one of those fights and words being said that dont have any meaning. I can only wish you the best and tell you to to keep your head up also.

posted by  car_crazy89

Nothing down the drain. You have to understand that it would be extremely difficult for your mum to handle two boys by herself. You are 15 so you have pretty much stamped your attitudes and should be able to go forward and be successful.

I'm sure your mum will be there for you after the extreme prejudice with your dad has calmed a bit. You must understand that both your mum and dad are feeling the ultimate emotional inflamer = betrayal.... betrayal of all the things they compacted when they first fell in love and got all goohey with each other.

posted by  Wally

Well this might be unpopular and you might not listen, but I would suggest trying church. There really are some nice people there if you look hard enough. But you would have to be carful becuase there is alot of corruption in some churches. Usually Presbyterians and Baptist are good if on the more conservative side. I've never had to go through something like that, but if you got your parents to try church, they might start liking it and one thing could lead to another and they might be able to fix their problems. And if it doesn't work for them, there are lots of kids in youth groups in churches that will be more than happy to help you out. I know that things I learn in church have helped me out with alot of difficult things in my life so far.

posted by  jedimario

Sorry to hear that bro, looks like everyones family problems are coming out :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Emotionless, I know how that feels cause I'm going through the same thing right now. :\ It really sucks to hear that this is happening. I haven't dealt with this either, I've only dealt with the death of my father. I wish you luck with everything man. Like people have said, keep your head high.

posted by  Paranoia

thanx guys

posted by  hhsrastler92

Im sorry to hear that man. :oops: Ive never had to go through anything like that. Although sometimes I want it to happen. :banghead: My moms a complete bitch.

Do you have any idea as to why this would happen?

posted by  SlipKnoT

you may or may not want to hear this now, but it may actually work out for the better. my folks split up after 27 years (about 6 years ago), and i think they're both much happier now after all the dust cleared...

but it suck to hear about---sorry, hhs

posted by  dodger65

Agreed. Unfortunately, this probably didn't happen overnight. They may have been fighting for months and just tried to keep it from you (as any good parent would). This may be a good thing, although you might not see it as that. It's not fun having your parents in two different places, I understand. It's hard to know what to say in a situation like that. All I can tell you is hang in there kid. :ohcrap:

posted by  97Talonchik

thanx guys everything is good now i had to take stuff in to my own hands i basically told them what was up. i told them what i was goin to do if they divorced an now we r all happy now lol an stronger then ever. my teachers think i should be a motivational speaker an noow my parents agree too lol i jus have a great way with words

posted by  hhsrastler92

good to hear man! :clap:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Good for you bro, My parents divorced when I was 3. So I don't remember how everything went down, but I do know that they are both happy now.

posted by  Zalight

What exactly were you gonna do?

posted by  jedimario

i was goin to go live with my grandparents in west virginia an divorce my parents

posted by  hhsrastler92

o alright. Well glad everything ended up ok. :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

yup see i might come off as a not so bright kid but when it comes to legal an computers i know what im talkin bout

posted by  hhsrastler92

Well Im glad everything worked out for you! :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

yup so am i

posted by  hhsrastler92

I am sorry to hear that man. I hope that it all gets sorted out. Good luck. :ohcrap:

EDIT: GAH! I need to read more of the thread. Lol. Ok. Well, glad it is sorted out! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Hey man, computers are gonna run most of the world sometime if they already don't, and lawyers make all the money, so you should be fine! :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

yea i no an i can arguee over anything an i amaze my parents on the computer

posted by  hhsrastler92

ROFL, that is true. I cant wait for a robot who can brush my teeth.

posted by  StiMan

lol :cough:LAZY!:cough:
jk lol :orglaugh:

posted by  hhsrastler92

That sucks man, I had to go through the same stuff a few years ago. It was pretty bad. But that is when you find out the truth about your parents. I found out that my mom wasn't the (good) person i though she was :ohcrap: .

Don't worry though, believe it or not it's for the best, It's better that your parents aren't together if all they are going to do is fight. It creates a bad environment for children. ESPECIALLY teens. It happens to over 50% of all marriages nowadays.

Where in WV are you moving to? What school?

posted by  TurboLag

im stayin in ohio for now atleast

posted by  hhsrastler92

Sorry for the delayed reponse....And, sorry to hear about your parents :ohcrap:

Hope it all works out for ya mate! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Alright man, my parents got divorced a couple weeks before I turned 16.

How was your homelife while they were together? Would you rather have your parents be unhappily married to each other or live full/happy lives?

I'm a very strange case, when my parents sat myself and my younger brother down on the couch and told us "they were splitting the sheets", it was the best news I'd ever heard. It was like a huge weight have been lifted off of some part of me (yes, that was my sincere reaction). My homelife wasn't bad, it was just strange. I never heard my parents raise their voice at each other once. But they never spoke, it was strange. It's like my parents were trying so hard to keep it together that they were unable to actually be themselves.

Anyway, now many years later they're both happily remarried. Once they got divorced they were both able to be themselves again and it was actually possible for my brother and I to develop a good relationship with both of them. I always tell people that the best thing my parents ever did was get divorced.

I understand that it's very difficult when parents get divorced (it was much more difficult for my younger brother than me), and by all means you should find somebody you trust that you can really talk to about it. Getting things off your chest is best thing you can do. Maybe a relative or somebody you trust at school.

I don't know, it's a tough time, but you really need to realize that their feelings toward each other have no bearing on their feelings for you and your brother. They still love you just the same, they have come to the conclusion that it would be better for your family if they were not together.

It's a really tough time, but I have no doubt that you'll make it through fine.

Keep your chin up.

posted by  Bino

Oh, I am not lazy at all... j/k. :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message