Satty, Just Curious

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Satty, Just Curious

Hey Satty, well i was looking on Ebay at random cars and i came upon a 1990 Beretta GTZ and its located in none other then Wisconsin and i noticed that you are also in Wisconsin. I dont know if it is but i'm curious as to whether or not this car might be your old one (most likely not but hey, you can delte/close this thread afterwards).

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Chevrolet-beretta-gtz-1990-chevrolet-beretta-gtz-NO-RESE RVE_W0QQitemZ4567740046QQcategoryZ6173QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's probably not even close but meh whatever.

posted by  car_crazy89

Looks pretty nice Satty....any chance you would trand that Grand Am for it? :thumbs: I would. That CD deck thats in it is a great one. My dad has had 3 of them. Hes got one in his Alfa Romeo right now. It sounds great.

posted by  SlipKnoT

It's not my old one. My old one didn't have a sunroof. But I've been watching this car for a few days now and with my mom's approval, I will be bidding on it at the VERY end. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Not bad, and looks to be a good price with 5 hours left to go...

posted by  ChrisV

I know. Im talking with my mom about it now. Im thinking a 700 dollar limit.

posted by  Satty101

it'll go over a grand in the last 10 minutes. I'd even bet the high bidder put a grand in as a proxy.

posted by  ChrisV

If he knows anything about Berettas and Quad 4s they won't. lol

posted by  Satty101

You'll notice teh guy with the top bid, put in his bid back on the 11th, and the guys that bid on the 14th and 15th both got outbid by his proxy. I'd suspect a fairly high proxy, so be prepared to have enough time left to up your bid if necessary if you really want it.

posted by  ChrisV

I guess my mom and dad are discussing it right now so as soon as/if I get permission, I'll be bidding.I just hope I get this thing. I miss my old one even though all the problems are a PITA. But now I have a reliable car to drive around when this one's broken and whatnot so, I should be good...

posted by  Satty101

Thats true it will. Ive seen this happen on eBay all the time. My dad sells lots of shit on there, and at the very last minutes, the bid ALWAYS comes up.

Satty, I would get it up over a grand. I mean, to hell with your Grand Am, get the GTZ!!!

posted by  SlipKnoT

I still need something reliable to drive while Im fixing up this car man. Grand Am stays. Right now I'm just hoping I can get this one for 700 or less..

posted by  Satty101

Thats right....Quad 4 lol :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

looks like my dad's on his asshole trip again. No GTZ for me. God damnit I hate my ****ing dad. He doesn't understand how happy it'll make me to have one of these. Well, w/e. :banghead:

posted by  Satty101

That seriously bites, man! :ohcrap:

posted by  ChrisV

I missed something...I thought you had one of these already???

posted by  BavarianWheels

Parents made me sell it. So now I want to buy another one, ansd have it in my own name so they can't tell me what to do with it. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

hey satty where in wisconsin are you i'm in ray-town

posted by  mx3_monster

it's under my SN yo

posted by  Satty101

oh i didnt even look :tard:

posted by  mx3_monster

Thats too bad. Hopefully you'll get the money and find the right deal and you'll hav the car you want (again).

posted by  car_crazy89

that is to bad

posted by  hhsrastler92

Great news. I got a message from the guy with this GTZ, on my eBay account. The guy who won the car won't be able to pick it up for 2 weeks. So he's asking if any of us were still interested. I ofcourse was, so I called the guy, and told him my dad and I needed to talk about it a little bit more, set-up a road trip for me and him to get up there and take a look at it. I'm so siked. I might be able to get this car yet!!!

posted by  Satty101

Wow, thats awesome Satty. Good luck and hopefully you can get it Let us know when you find out (hopefully its good news) :thumbs:

BTW, What would be the cost of the car? (price it made it to $600)

posted by  car_crazy89

Sweet man! Good luck! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Thats awesome! :thumbs: I hope you get it.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Price owuld be 600 :mrgreen:

But ofcourse, my dad's not home to let me know if he thinks I can get it :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

Just wondering but why does it matter if your parents say yes or no, or would it be some/all their money used to buy it? lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

If I take 100 bucks out for gas and whatnot for the next 2 weeks like usual, I'll be 90 bucks short. So they'd be lending me that money until my next check. Thatb and they need to approve it so I can actually have a place to keep it. :wink2:

posted by  Satty101

Haha oh ok, makes sense to me. All i can say is good luck then :thumbs: Theres actually a few GTZ's around where i live (under $2,000).

posted by  car_crazy89

My dad and I go up tommorrow to look at it and see if he wants to spend the 100 bucks and have me spend the 500 for it. Can't wait to see it in person. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Good luck, hope you come back tomorrow with some good news for us :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

I'd I do you'll be flooded with pics too. :mrgreen:

Im feelin another 56Kers beware thread...

posted by  Satty101

Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you forget some of your excitement and get some sleep :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Alright Satty! :clap: Thats great. If you get it, make sure you take some pictures of it for all of us :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Cool! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

posted by  ChrisV

Well, here's how it turned out. He got tickets for some thing in Milwaukee somewhere so he won't be able to show us the car today. My dad has some bowling thing he's going to tomorrow so I'm hoping that we'll go right after that.I'm starting to hate this suspense. I guess that turns out ok though because I won't be able to license or insure it until Monday so if I come home with it Sunday, I'll only have to wait 1 night to drive it.

posted by  Satty101

Sucks about the wait but if you get it in the end its worth it. I think i'd rather have it and atleast be able to sit in/drool over it and know its not going anywhere. Time will probably feel so slow to you till then lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

The past hour I've smoked 6 cigarettes...guess Im impatiant (sp?)...

BTW, I'm not much of a role model. Nobody follow me. Smoking is a waste of money... :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

Jesus :laughing: Waiting gets to me too. I hate it. Once you get what youre waiting for though, youre always pleased. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Didnt know you smoked Satty lol :ohcrap: . And waiting usually pays off, but sometimes you wait so long for something and make it up to be bigger then it is, once you get it your 'disappointed' or get bored/sick of it soon after, but i dont think Satty would ever get bored with the car :laughing: Hang in their Satty, you'll be alright. Dont smoke too much though, you might need to borrow more money from your parents otherwise.

posted by  car_crazy89

Haha, I already need them to put atleast 100 down. My dad already agreed to it as long as the car is worth the 600 dollar asking price. I already have plans for it. Probably go with looks first, seeing as how I want a cool as senior pic. I'm looking at 2"cowl hoods with 2 tear drop style scoops on the front of the cowl, and a custom side-exit exhaust. I was looking at a thread on a Beretta board earlier about lambo doors (Which would be cool as hell) but it looks like the group buy fell through. As for paint, I'm thinkin the stock metallic black with midnight blue metallic racing stripes. Smoke headlight and turnsignal/foglight covers, black out the side markers, color match the filler panels, and tint the tail lights. I'm undecided about spoilers. But I'm going to keep the stock GFX cause I love the way they look. And I'll be going against WI laws running with no front plate.

posted by  Satty101

That sounds pretty cool, i think even if your dad doesnt think its worth the $600 but you do then you should still be able to get it (since it'd be your car). I think that'd look nice and would make for proud photos lol. I had thought about buying a Beretta before. So hopefully you get it and you didnt waste that time on making those plans.

posted by  car_crazy89

Looks like you need to pop a dent out of the driver side fender as well.

posted by  SlipKnoT

my good friend Jon has a fender for me if I get it he'll sell to me for cheap. Got that one covered already. Although I might need a new sideskirt.

posted by  Satty101

Sounds like youve got everything planned out :thumbs: Some blue neons would look nice under it too.

Im just curious, what do those cars run in the quarter mile?

posted by  SlipKnoT

Mid to high 15s bone stock. My best run was a 15.73 in my old GTZ that had a 200lbs system in the trunk. So for a 4-banger, they move.

posted by  Satty101

Thats pretty good. I was thinking of getting a Beretta Z26. Then I saw the Cavalier and got some ideas on swapping the supercharger from a Cobalt SS onto one. So im kind of caught between the two :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

If you get a Z26, find a 94 with a Quad 4. They're ungodly rare. So long as you watch the headgasket. They always go. 3100s are just gutless compared to the Quads IMO. Not to mention you can turbo Quads and get them in the low 13s with few other mods. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Yeah. My dad probably wouldnt like that idea to much. :laughing: I know what you mean about the 3100. I drove a Grand Am with one and when I put the pedal to the floor it just felt like I was creeping :laughing:

My dad used to work at a new Oldsmobile dealership, and he said that the made an extremly rare Oldsmobile called the Achieva SCX that used a Quad 4 with bigger cams making around 205hp. Although I dont like the bodies of the Achievas to much.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yep, the Quad W41. A few guys I know swapped those motors into their Berettas, and one even has one in his 90 Cutlass Calias. That damn thing moves. Stay tuned for random Beretta pictures... :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

All this talk about the Quad 4 is making me want one. The only thing worrying me is their poor reliability.

posted by  SlipKnoT

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture051.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture054.jpg
don't mind the mess. heh.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture049.jpg
my lit up lower filler panel.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture184.jpg
My buddy's 95 Z26 with a 3100SFI V6 with wet nitrous, WAI, and some other stuff.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture183.jpg
Like those headlights? BMW E36 angel eyes work quite well with the Beretta's bumper. Only need minor modification. And they just look so F-in cool.

posted by  Satty101

Those headlight do look pretty cool. I like the neons too. That Comp Cams sticker on the fender, is that jst for show, or did you have different cams in it?

posted by  SlipKnoT

Couple more of his engine

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture188.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/Rettakid310/Cars/Picture190.jpg

posted by  Satty101

That's my buddy's car. He actually does have upgraded cams in it. I could go on forever with his list of modifications.

posted by  Satty101

Lots of room under there for a 3800 :hi:

posted by  SlipKnoT

There's one guy doing that already. Here's a link to his project. I think it's something like 20 pages long. Im not in any way, shape, or form advertising for this board. Seeing as how I doubt anyone here really likes Berettas as much as I and the rest of the people over there do.

http://www.bstuff.com/index.php?showtopic=8127

3800S/C swap into a 92 GTZ

posted by  Satty101

Thats pretty cool. Too bad it was just a Series 1 3800 though. Its not actually making that much more hp than the Quad W41. In fact theyre making the same. A series 2 or 3 would be much better.

posted by  SlipKnoT

****!!!!!! Well, today was the day. However when I got home and called to guy to come take a look, hge never answered. I called 3 more times. He has his phone off. He had to have gotten my message. Im about ready to say f*ck it and go fly out to Minnisota and tow this white GTZ back that has a rod knock. Anybody got a Quad laying around? heh...

posted by  Satty101

Why not just drive over and knock on the door, cant ignore you then :laughing:

EDIT: Actually, here in Ontario (i just looked on Autotrader) theres 3 that are under $2,000. The one that is $2,000 is white and has 34K on a fresh engine, theres one for $500 obo and theres one for $1,500 obo with 266k km. (all GTZ)

posted by  car_crazy89

Because the car's at a warehouse somewhere and I dont have directions or an address

posted by  Satty101

Oh, well that sucks, hopefully you can get in touch with him soon.

posted by  car_crazy89

Time for me to revive this rather than start a new one. Update=goodness

Still won't be getting the Black GTZ, nor will I get a white GTZ (I was looking at one, idk if I said it earlier), however, I very well may possibly be buying this 1990 Indy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-Chevrolet-Beretta-Chevy-Yellow-Indy-Pace- Car-Project_W0QQitemZ4573628118QQcategoryZ39405QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

posted by  Satty101

That sucks about the other cars (dont remember hearing of the white one). Thats a weird color for the Indy but it looks nice. Good luck and hopefully the third ones the charm :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

That's a pretty good one too...hope you can get it :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Indy's only came in Teal or Yellow, and the reason yellow ones are so rare is because the original Indy pace car (Still find it kinda hard to believe that the Beretta was a pace car for the Indy 500, but hey, I don't care) was yellow. This one needs a bit of work obviously, but I'm up for the challenge. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Your Message