The dragstrip...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  The dragstrip...

So I took my car to the dragstrip for the first time last night. My best time was a 15.033 at 93 mph. Not bad at 5314 ft. Ill post my exact times when I get my timeslip outta my car, but im at work now so ill post it after lunch.

Do any of you guys know of a website that gives SAE corrected times for sea level vs. high altitude?

posted by  Zalight

Pretty good times. Get that exhaust installed and youll break into the 14s :thumbs:

Im not sure of any sites for that sort of thing though... :ohcrap: Sorry man.

posted by  SlipKnoT

http://www.stangbangerz.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=hpmph&file=density< br />

if i used the 9pm weather for albuquerque...
http://www.weather.com/weather/pastweather/hourly/USNM0004?stn=0&when=08190 5

Figure Density Altitude and corrects ET and Trap Speed for sea level
Temp(*F): 79
Humidity(%): 24
Track Alt.(ft.): 5314
Pressure(in.): 30.17
ET: 15.033
Trap Speed(mph): 93

Density Altitude = 7605 feet ET MPH
Uncorrected 15.033 @ 93
Corrected 13.37 @ 103.3

posted by  dodgerforlife

Badass! My car is supposed to run a 14 flat at sea level. Thats a huge improvement!

posted by  Zalight

I'd like to do something like that just for fun. How much does it cost and stuff? How much driving experience should I have?

posted by  jedimario

i take it was approximately 9 when you ran last night? lol, double check the time, because the weather changed a lot in ABQ last night.

posted by  dodgerforlife

just check out the local strips, call them up and find out - some have 10$ street legal nights, some have free nights for streeters..some cost more...

posted by  dodgerforlife

I was running in between 8pm-10pm, and my last run was my best time (strange because I thought heat soak would have killed me by then...But anyway, my last run was probably around 9:45.

posted by  Zalight

using 9:56 temps

Based on:
Temp: 77°
Humidity: 23%
Track Altitude: 5314 feet
Pressure: 30.18 in.

Density Altitude = 7461 feet ET MPH
Uncorrected 15.033 @ 93
Corrected 13.41 @ 103.04

posted by  dodgerforlife

Me next me next!!!

16.48@82.91mph at approx 5:30 tonight in Union Grove WI at teh import wars.

posted by  Satty101

Doesnt your Grand Am have the 3600 V6?

posted by  SlipKnoT

3100SFI 4-speed auto. I believe someone corrected me on this. I thought it was a 3 speed. ha... :banghead:

posted by  Satty101

Ahhh....I see. I thought it had the 3600....maybe Im thinking of the Grand Prix. All the Pontiacs look so similiar :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Your Message