I hate the radio...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I hate the radio...

Why does the radio suck so much? I need to start my own station, playing good ass music, whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it.

posted by  Zalight

The radio has gotten pretty bad, they always play the same songs over and over again and turn a good song into an annoying one, and even XM radio sucks, just stick to CDs.

posted by  c90acm

Ya, i dont listen to the radio so i dont really know lol. Cd's are the easier, same with mp3's or if your just sitting at home, the computer :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

The radio station i listen to is run locally and is independent so they have a call line to put in comments that they accually use.So when i hear holiday for the 500th time they be gettin a call from me.

posted by  sandlercd_22

The radio is only good for talk radio...Leykis 101 !! :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Deal with it'll only get worse. Thats why some people develop there own irc channels on the internet and dj them.

posted by  Spanky2324

Way too many comercials

posted by  SyntheticTrust

How do you setup a pirate radio station? :laughing:

posted by  Zalight

I beg to differ. Sirius doesnt suck. They have great stations, especially Sirius 27 Hard Attack.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I don't have sirius so your probably right, and the sports play-by-plays are good on XM

posted by  c90acm

Sirius is great. One of my friends has it. I love the techno, and all the talk shows. So many to choose from! Im told that Howard Stern will join the lineup in 06.

posted by  importluva

Why would you put up with the commercials, when you can just download the music? IMO radio's probably only worth it for talk shows...

posted by  chris_knows

YOU ARE SO RIGHT DUDE!!!! lol I like Limbaugh and Neil Boortz myself, plus some of the local guys.

posted by  jedimario

Yeah, radio drives me nuts! You either have to sit through commercials, songs you don't like, or listen to the same ones over and over again. Now I mostly listen to CD's in my car or an online radio station at home (WGLT.org Normal, IL, News, Blues and all that Jazz). Regular radio only gets a listen for ten minutes during my morning workout. It makes me feel sad because I'm no longer paying attention to what's coming out (new stuff) but I just can't stand the boredom anymore.

I decided against XM because my preview while aboard an airtran flight revealed that it wasn't much to get excited about. I was listening to a Gospel station and they would play the same artist back to back, as if they were playing the entire CD. What if you don't like that artist?!? I was also looking into it for the rap but those are typically uneditted stuff that's just gonna piss me off even more.

So yeah, radio sucks.

posted by  JaneiR36

If you wanna do it from your computer where others can stream it you would get an rc channel which is kinda like a website just blank and other people will go to it and listen to what your playing and you can make announcements and such. It's all complicated and weird but my friend was doing it before. Just research into it.

posted by  Spanky2324

No I mean, one of the hardcore pirate radio stations, that they used to have in the seventies, where people would break into an existing radio stations signal and broadcast their own stuff. That would be fun.

posted by  Zalight

Hey that would be fun. Just come in and take over the station with your music.

posted by  Spanky2324

Your Message