Gene Simmons Rock School

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Gene Simmons Rock School

It premiered tonight (I think it was the premiere).

Did anyone watch it? I loved it!

It's on VH1

posted by  BavarianWheels

I thought he was the gay guy that did an excersize show. What's he doing on VH1?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

That's Richard Simmons sweetheart.

Actually Bav, I saw it on the the channel guide but didn't check it out. What did you like about it?

posted by  theman352001

I didnt catch it... but I love the premise... didnt they make a movie like that? :laughing:

posted by  TheFieroKid

Oh shit you're right :oops:

posted by  SyntheticTrust

My mom used to like him and she would do her exercises with him when his show was on. Thankfully we don't see much of him anymore.

posted by  theman352001

Gene is just a total rocker...through and through. He's at a school that's 200yrs old (or more) and he's conducting a "class" to teach rock and roll. These kids are classically taught and they don't (didn't) know just how famous their new teacher was/is. He intimidates them...and scares them out of their seats. It's hillarious! The point is he's going to put together a rock band from amongst these classically trained kids. Most don't even like anything other than classical music. I'm sure they'll replay the first show again.

I can't wait for the next. My Tivo has this as a Season Pass!

http://www.nndb.com/people/151/000023082/genesimmons01.jpg
http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVShows/images/20040426/ThirdWatch-insider-2004 0426/Third_Watch_GeneSimmons_235.jpg

I might be wrong here but isnt Gene Simmons the guy from KISS?

posted by  car_crazy89

Isn't the above picture a dead give away?

Yes, he's the lead singer of kiss, who had to bottom strand of his tongue cut so it'd look like he has a massivly huge tongue...

posted by  Satty101

Lmao, sorry, didnt look see the pics above (werent there when i originally read it) :oops:

posted by  car_crazy89

Gene Simmons is the bassist/vocalist for the band KISS :rock: .....To be honest I dont like KISS all that much :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Very good, SlipKnoT... :banghead:

Did you google the name? :wink2:

Perhaps I will have to DVR it myself and check it out.

posted by  theman352001

yeah, looks like they completely stole the premise from the movie School of Rock

:screwy:

and yes, Gene Simmons has no relation to Richard Simmons.

posted by  SuperJew

No actually, Ive known that since I was like 6 :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Can you say that for certain? How do you know?

posted by  theman352001

look at the two. its pretty obvious.

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message