My dad needs a new CD/Mp3 deck.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  My dad needs a new CD/Mp3 deck.

My dad needs a new CD/MP3 deck. The one we have now is outdated, and is starting to skip on most CDs we play. Im not sure of the model....but heres a picture of it....maybe you can tell me how old and what model it is. We've had the exact same model in 3 different cars we've owned:

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/4240/p10105089vz.th.jpg (http://img311.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10105089vz.jpg)

Anyway, does anyone know what it is and what year it was made? I know its a Kenwood, I just cant find the model number.

We were thinking of getting a Pioneer to replace it, but I want some of your suggestions :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

you see those little blurred letters next to Kenwood - thats the model number.

Get a 7700MP or a 80MP from Pioneer :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh, ok. I never noticed those numbers and letters next to the Kenwood logo.

Ill check into those 2 Pioneers. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

may i suggest an Alpine unit? i have a Alpine in my car and it works beautifully.... :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

I go JVC :hi:

posted by  99integra

Our top choices so far are:
1.Pioneer Premier DEH-P470MP
2.Alpine CDA-9847
3.Pioneer DEH-P7700MP (might be out of our bidget right now, but we had one in our 93 Mustang LX and it sounded amazing even through the stock speakers)
4.JVC KD-G710 (We're thinking about it...but we've heard some bad things about it. But also good things.)
5.Panasonic CQ-C7301U (My dad isnt a big fan of Panasonic, but my cousin and I have had good experiences with this one so I suggested it)

posted by  SlipKnoT

You know, my dad was also thinking about getting an equalizer too. He used to have Pyramid equalizer in his old 70 Ford Torino GT in the 80s. I know Pyramid still makes equalizers....I just dont know about the quality of them now. My dad says that his old one was great.

What do you think? And do you have any other equalizer suggestions?

posted by  SlipKnoT

you can get decks that 5 or 7 band eqs built into them... personally the only time id spend money on an eq(then again it would be a couple hundred bucks at the minimum) is if your building a several thousand dollar stereo with SQ in mind.

and secondly, i just dont like pyramid gear...

posted by  dodgerforlife

i saw screw it. :banghead:

posted by  F0rdxCutie

Get one like mine:
http://cksales.net/8track/8tk.jpg

posted by  ChromeDome

are you trying to be stupid, or is it inherent? :banghead:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Go with a alpine. You wont have any problems with it and it will last. Ive had 3 alpine decks and really like all of them

posted by  bigdaveangell

Sorry... just thought that picture was pretty funny.

Keep the 'legit' advice coming... and pardon the interruption.

posted by  ChromeDome

Alpines are nice :thumbs: I know we have one and the eq's built in with the stock speakers it still sounds nice although I blew those out a couple weeks ago :laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

HAHAH love that clarion KICK ASS MAN

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Ive got an eq built into my alpine and my stock speakers are crap but they sounded great with the eq. My alpine type s speakers sound even better with the eq

posted by  bigdaveangell

Your Message