Drugs

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Drugs

How many users do we have in CF? What do you feel about drugs? Should drugs be legalized/decriminalized? Do you use any drugs? Which ones, how often?

posted by  abless

Don't use. Don't have the time. Well, ok, I use alcohol and the occasional cigar but that is it. Oh, and I like Excedrin PM when I have a headache and I don't have to operate heavy machinery. :thumbs:

As far as leagalization: I'm for it for some drugs but not all. Then I think we should tax the hell out of them and make those that want to use pay up.

posted by  theman352001

I dont like drugs. I feel they are for people who are weak minded. The only "drug" I take is midol.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I tend to agree with you in the case of drug abusers but I have met a lot of recreational users who were definately not weak minded.

posted by  theman352001

When you rely on a substance to make you feel good, you are weak minded. That's what we learned in Psycology.

That seems a bit harsh. What about people who are in pain? Are they week minded because they can't cope with the pain they are in? I suppose you could argue yes but I know I'm not going to hold it against them.

Now people who need to have that alcoholic drink in order to deal with the world, I would consider them weak minded. But then that brings up the question of people who drink coffee to get their day started. They are using a drug. Are they weak minded? Or students drinking Mountain Dew to keep them alert while studying. What about them?

posted by  theman352001

There's a difference between taking a drug for pain (physical) and having the interpretation you "need" a drug for pain (psychological). :2cents:

posted by  97Talonchik

Nah, messes up your head

posted by  99integra

ive tried a few, but i dont use them, and they were quite some time ago. simply put, people who use drugs just cuz they think that makes them cool, or for peer pressure, or whatever other ignorant reason, they are simply just people in need of seroius help.

otherwise, for medical reasons, well, its ok with me. as a matter of fact, morphine itself is a drug, and soldiers use it quite constantly to quickly relieve pain for wounded soldiers in the battlefield. in fact, even in hospitals it is used for the same reason, and for a perfectly good one.

posted by  Inygknok

I dont use drugs. I dont think ANY of them should be legalized, although some of my friends would beg to differ. The only thing I do is drink, and, if Im incredibly stressed, like if I have alot of work, and Ive been having a hard time, Ill sneak a cigarette from my mom or dad. But Ive only smoked like 3 times.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I am all for legalizing drug for medicinal use.

There is no reason someone with cancer should not be able to do a little doobie, if it makes them feel less effects of chemo.

posted by  ChromeDome

I am not a fan of the growing pharmaceutical industry. Seems like we are bent to perscribe drugs instead of face reality as a society.

posted by  boothe

Never ceases to amaze me how drugs like marijuana are considered benign and "social" or "recreational". They are anti social and rarely recreational due to their addictive nature. A lot of good young minds have been permanently wrecked and a lot of crime committed because of mind alterating drugs.

posted by  Wally

If we legalie drugs, then there would be problems, as kids would be able to get to them even easier...It would probably better to just do a needle exchange place, like in Switzerland to avoid Std's...

Dont get me wrong though, I'm not against drinking, smoking, or the *occassional* weed...

posted by  chris_knows

actually, i think there have been studies that prove that weed isn't addictive... anyone care to prove or disprove that?

posted by  dodger65

dont use them, never will, messes people up to much and all it does is cause problems and heartbreak. they should never be legalized. gives the cops something to do.

posted by  adamc44

Wow...

I am a borderline alcoholic, Its not like I drink a quart of whisky a day, but everytime I drink I get so excited that I get to drink. I get giddy before I take a shot. That can't be good.

I also enjoy Cigars (especially Drew Estates), Cigarettes(newports), the occasional dip(original flavor) and snuff wasn't that bad either. I love me some nicotine!

As for marijuana? Of course not...I am not the type of persion do that sort of thing!*Hides bong* But seriously I don't smoke the ganja..........often.

Hardcore drugs are just that, hardcore, and I do not dig on them. Crack is whack, and meth is crack for crackers so is therefor also whack, heroin is for the crazies, etc, etc.

posted by  Zalight

Ya know guys Its really a releife to see that not many people here are using. I am olny 16 and have already been heavily exposed to them but I can honestly say I have never and never will. I have seen so much shit first hand for some one my age regarding drugs, I would never even consider.

posted by  Masuk

I've had many offers for various types of drugs (ranging from cigarettes and weed to shrooms, etc) but have never taken them up on the offer and tried any. I dont think drinking is so bad if its only sometimes and its a semi reasonable amount. I dont see the point in getting high or smoking or what not (even though some of my friends do), i also believe to drink to have fun, not to get drunk.

posted by  car_crazy89

What if you don't rely on it to make you feel good? You described addiction, which is a very weak state of mind. I'm mostly talking about recreational users who use for enjoyment.

posted by  abless

But isn't that trouble they get into because of the illegality? Whether they are smoking ganj in their car and get rolled or they are selling illegal drugs to make money, either scenario could be solved by drug legalization.

As far as anti-social, you wouldn't believe how many people you would meet in the "drug scene". They may make you more anti-society, but not anti-social to close friends etc. Drugs are all about moderation; they don't have an "addictive nature". Think of all the "good minds wrecked" by automobile accidents, HIV, and other "preventable" deaths. Because something has the potential to "screw you up", doesn't mean it is of its nature.

posted by  abless

It's just as easy to get a sack of weed as it is to get a bottle of alcohol, if not easier.

posted by  abless

Alcohol
Alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 19,928
Deaths from chronic liver disease and cirrhosis: 27,257
Deaths from alcohol related auto accidents in 2002:13,068

Cigarettes
Deaths: ~400,000 per year.

Marijuana
Recorded deaths in history: 00000000000000

Assuming marijuana literally made you retarded, would you rather be retarded or dead?

posted by  abless

Nothing hard ever... but shrooms, and Saliva.

I have no issue with party or soft drugs... I don’t like meth, or heroin, or crack... nor the people on them.

Hell ya legalize them... 1. you save money by not putting so many people in jail every year 2. legalized drugs sold by the government, taxed by the government would create massive revenue for the government 3. leaves more room in jail for more serious offenders. 4. You get rid of the black market for it… and thus loose all the crime that goes along with it. 5. the drugs are of good quality and wont kill you as easily (again hard drugs here). 6. to buy heroin cheaply and legally (or any drug just using heroin as an example) you must register to buy… and you cant hold cretin jobs IE teacher, bus driver ext.

I already answered with my first answer.
shrooms... maybe once or twice a year,
Saliva any time I cant sleep, for some reason it works grate as a sleep aid for me... I only take it in the liquid form, 1 or 2 drops put me to sleep... 4 or 5 and I have lucid dreams (where I can take control and explore my inner psyche).

posted by  TheFieroKid

Ya mean Salvia? I havn't yet heard of a way to get high off my own saliva. :mrgreen:

I've taken Salvia (100% legal, which is strange) in smoked form of 5x extract and leaves. I didn't break through into a different state but felt a strange high feeling. It can be some pretty crazy stuff with extracts of 15 and 20.

You listed most points I believe in about legal drugs. It would put many people I know out of business.

posted by  abless

I thought the same thing... However, this website had a different viewpoint...
NHTSA Drug Fact Sheet (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/cannabis.htm)

Here is a quote:
Tolerance, Dependence and Withdrawal Effect: Tolerance may develop to some pharmacological effects of dronabinol. Tolerance to many of the effects of marijuana may develop rapidly after only a few doses, but also disappears rapidly. Marijuana is addicting as it causes compulsive drug craving, seeking, and use, even in the face of negative health and social consequences. Additionally, animal studies suggests marijuana causes physical dependence. A withdrawal syndrome is commonly seen in chronic marijuana users following abrupt discontinuation. Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, mild agitation, hyperactivity, insomnia, nausea, cramping, decreased appetite, sweating, and increased dreaming.

posted by  theman352001

So you can go into an Off-License and buy a sack of weed now can you? :banghead:

By the way, when I locked the last thread this is the kinda thing I meant when I asked you to rephrase it......kinda less direct than asking CFers what drugs they use :thumbs:

I personally dont do any....only alcohol :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Hmm... well that’s kind of the point isn’t it?

Legalizing it gets rid of the dealer, and the violence that tends to go along with the dealers, and their suppliers.

Plus im sure there still be a black market for the drugs, after all not every one will want to register... too bad a bag of weed from the government drug store is going to be a 1/3 the price that your friend is going to be selling... and not nearly as strong.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Me myself I drink occasionally and maybe smoke black and mild. I haven't smoked weed in a while but I do like the smell. As for the hard crap I won't touch it I've seen too many inceidents first hand on what it can do.

posted by  Spanky2324

Addictive... I don't but that at all. I think thay are also high social, and almost exclusively recreational.
Do you know anyone that has ever been to college?

posted by  ChromeDome

Im an alcoholic and I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and I usually smoke 2 or 3 cigars a day. Dont know if you would consider that drugs or not.

posted by  bigdaveangell

alcoholic or recovering alcoholic?

posted by  dodger65

That would be a big 10-4. Just socially accepted ones.

posted by  ChromeDome

Speaking of addiction....DOWN WITH NASAL SPRAY!! Help join the efforts to combat this abuse of your poor nasal passages! :laughing:

"Your nose can become tolerant to the decongestant's effect if you use it for too long. Tolerance in general happens because your body launches a biological counterattack against the effects of a drug. One way it does this is by increasing cellular processes and other activities that produce the opposite effect. In the case of decongestants, the body tries to dilate the nasal blood vessels. This cancels out the decongestant's effect, and the same squeeze of the bottle that brought you relief before no longer helps. You end up using more and more to get rid of your stuffy nose. And each time you sniff more decongestant, your body redoubles its efforts against the resulting constriction.

This vicious cycle continues until you can't exist without a bottle of nasal spray in hand! If you don't use it, you are stuffed up and miserable. This is called "rebound congestion." With lots of medicine on board, your nasal passages are dry, and you feel healthy. With the medicine gone, the physiological changes that your body has made reign unchecked. What happens is the exact opposite of the drug's effect! Your blood vessels swell up again, and your nasal lining fills up with mucus, and your runny nose returns. "

posted by  97Talonchik

Nasal spray?? Why spend the money on nasal spray when you have (ok an assumption here) a perfectly good finger? :laughing:

Remember: You can pick your nose......and you can pick your friends......but you can't pick your friends nose. :thumbs:

posted by  theman352001

You would think :hi:

posted by  99integra

I don't think I could even imagine what you would do with your friends nose. :laughing:

posted by  theman352001

:doh: Ehhhhh, nooooothing :laughing:

posted by  99integra

hell, i have 8 perfectly good fingers!

:thumbs: thumbs are too fat :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

:laughing: :laughing:

how does a thread about drugs get turned into nose picking? i guess this is why i keep comming back. you guys and gals are great!

posted by  glagon1979

Well where do you store your drugs? :hi:

posted by  theman352001

visine can mess your eyes up to, don't learn the hard way but if your trying to "get the red out" b4 next class period everyday, your tearducts stop producing tears, really sucks if you ask me anyway, i guess im a weak minded person, so is my mom and my dad and my 4 brothers, and my uncle how about half of canada, we must all be weak minded, legalization is wrong but decriminalization of mary-jane would be a great step for society, ive seen cigarettes and alcohol take the lives of half my family, i think those should be illegal but the government wont make any money off us so that is outa the question, and Salvia(the green godess) is a strictly teaching plant for me, not to be used by people looking for a "good time" cuz it is NOT a good time, it will teach you things about life and yourself you could never imagine, and when it's over you will never forget the things you saw, i do not recommend any drug to anyone, but if you are going to use......be safe, always be aware of people around you and your own self. the drug scene in school was crap, and i had the discussion with my parents about doing the drugs, having no place to go and usually idle minds wont get into trouble, so i stopped doing them in the streets and just got high on my couch and baked cookies, if anyone thinks that isn't cool...ask my friends who ended up in jail for crimes they did while out on the streets getting drunk or high.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

LOL, it's ok banff, they now have invented a new drug that you can put into your eyes to help your ducts produce natural tears. I think they called the condition "chronic dry eye" or something...lol. Silly scientists.

posted by  97Talonchik

More like "chronic weed smoking". :mrgreen:

posted by  abless

Marijuana can be mentally addictive, but isn't not physically addictive.

posted by  abless

i have smoked weed a couple of times and have stopped a little while ago but to me it is tempting when i go to a party not to smoke but most of the time i dont. other that that i smoke marlboro reds and drink a little but that is about it

posted by  mx3_monster

I'm not quite sure what an "Off-License" is. I don't see the problem with asking people if they use drugs or not. Unless drug talk is against the rules, stop censoring because of your bias.

posted by  abless

Really? All drugs mess you up? Yeah.......

posted by  abless

The hard chemicals will ya... ****ing heroin... or crack... ya... but E hmmm maybe if you take it all the time. The stuff from nature... na, no long term effects.

posted by  TheFieroKid

so if i smoke pot every day for about a year it will have no long term effects one me? I find that really hard to believe :screwy:

posted by  mx3_monster

If smoked with a vaporizer, there would be no long term mental or phsyical effects. Vaporizers eliminated smoke, thus saving the lungs and potential damage.

posted by  abless

Source: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_science3.shtml

posted by  abless

Yes, meth, any form of cocaine, heroin and e can be harmful if abused. If used in moderation, they are usually no more harmful than a cigarette smoking and coffee and alcohol drinking habit.

"Natural" drugs are almost harmless, and yet are still illegal.

For those of you who believe in "God", does marijuana not bear seeds?

-Bill Hicks

-Abraham Lincoln

If you can take a break off from work to smoke a cigarette, and a mullet can drive around with a beer in his hand in Texas, why can't a hippie relax and smoke his pot?

posted by  abless

i've only smoked pot. i used to be a pretty big pot head, and then i realized i was just waisting my time. the only thing i do now is drink.

posted by  glagon1979

Are you Fing kidding? Heroin has been shown to be instantly addictive to 90% of its useres... the same can be said about Crack and Meth.

Now I know people personally who have beaten cocaine addictions, and it wanst pretty. Ive only known 2 people to do either Heroin or Meth... and both are still addicts even after all the help they have been given.

Now, E definitely has lasting effects, most of us know people who are "E Tards"... its a side effect of having holes burnt in your brain... Ive done E I liked it, but Ive only done it all of 4 times in 2 years.

don't ask me about natural drugs... I think the government is retarded for keeping them illegal.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Yes, heroin has addictive potential, but can still be used somewhat safely. Buy only a few doses and don't buy more for a few months.

I understand why meth and crack aren't legal, but rape and possesion of crack cocaine should not give similar jail times.

posted by  abless

E can be very bad, givin most people have a good time you never know if you could be that like 1 in 1000 who completely fry their brains, sucks seeing friends who are vegtables from that chemical,

Never heard of that before.
Never... not once, I'v heard a lot of bullshit about E before but never quite that one.

posted by  TheFieroKid

It's definetly not good for you but doesn't really fry holes in your brain. Kinda like how people think if you take LSD 7 times you're considered legally insane. It's madness.

posted by  abless

guy i went to school and graduated with way back in 2000 died last night. he was an A student, and going to college, got hooked on meth bad and stole a chevy silverado truck last night. cops pulled him over to just question dave, and dave gunned it after the cop got out, the cop just sat there cause he knew he couldnt catch him, dave drove straight into a telephone pole and it ejected him from the truck. snapped the pole clean off too. we were never buddys or anything in school, but he was a nice guy and we talked once in a while. just kinda crazy thinkin about it.

posted by  adamc44

An Off-License is a liquour store as you guys would call it :thumbs:

As for you saying that you dont think I was correct in closing your last topic, which I assume you were given that you called me biased, I saw your initial question as far too open and blunt....it was obvious that by asking members in a poll, what drugs they took, that you'd have nothing less than a flame war going on. Now I dont mind a contraversial topic, but that was just silly, and you opening question had no mention of what other thought about drugs....just what, if anything, members used....So how about you shut the hell up...thanx :thumbs:

Here's that thread...if any of you disagree, please inform me...I can handle it lol

The other topic (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=16038)

posted by  Cliffy

Well, I've tried mary-jane, but I don't like it, so I don't do it anymore(tried a whopping 3 times) - but I do have friends that do it regularily.

I do drink and smoke - I only drink on weekends though, and never alone. I am trying to quit smoking, but its easier said then done....

IMHO, I've never seen anyone get done in by weed, but I went to school with a couple of guys who were "blacko's" by grade 12 - they had tried everything under then sun, and were burnt out, and into hard drugs.

I think that weed, being a "soft" drug should not entail high penalties - unless of course you're peddling it... All "hard" drugs are still illegal, and should carry an even stiffer penalty, so that stupid ****bags learn their lessons.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Tell me about it!!!

I tried to quit twice now...Obviously I failed. Now I don't care. I will smoke until the day I die from lung cancer and enjoy my cigarettes while I smoke through a hole in my throat.

posted by  Zalight

Actually, I agree with your closing of my first thread. The poll was more of a second thought.

posted by  abless

Then why state the following?...Nevermind though, I wont hold it against you :thumbs:

:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

ew... thats kind of a nasty image dude.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Quit cigs and use pot. You can't die from it no matter how much you smoke.

posted by  abless

I didn't agree with the deleting of the thread for it's text, just for the poll. It could have been stated better too.

posted by  abless

people always say that if drugs like weed and whatnot were legalized, it would ruin the country... well, i often wonder why, if drugs like weed and mushrooms even are legal in places like amsterdam, why arent they doing so horrible? granted sure, the mindset there is WAYYYY different, and they dont have retarded mtv hiphoppity riprappity gansters, i mean gangstAS, sorry, telling them whats cool and whats not.

posted by  mazda6man

If it's like that, then why is it not legal?

posted by  chris_knows

now,now you can still die from lung cancer with pot don't forget that, pot could be really safe if we only vapourized it or ate brownies everyday

Mmmmmm, i like the sounds of brownies :laughing: I heard that pot is 'safe' unless you smoke 3 times your body weight.

posted by  car_crazy89

well you cant really overdose.... just get a huge headache and cook your lungs..... anything that combusts and enters your personal air filter, will kill you in the long run,

yeah, with how much youd need to smoke before you overdose, youle fall asleep long before....

posted by  mazda6man

Because of Reefer Madness and similar propaganda.

posted by  abless

I believe prohibition is ruining the country. The jails are being filled with innocents, law enforcement is being spread thin, poor drug education (Just say NO!), and missed tax revenue, to name a few. Not to mention the mind expanding potential hallucinogens posses.

posted by  abless

Water filtration helps, and vaporizers or oral consumption avoids all damage. You could literally smoke until you pass out, smoke when you wake up until you pass out again, etc etc etc until the end of time and you'll be fine a few days after stopping. Even with it's psychological additive potential, what's the worst that can happen? Red eyes, dry mouth, and god forbid - getting hungry.

posted by  abless

I think we've had enough on the drug issue...don't you?

posted by  BavarianWheels

If you've had enough, simply stop paying attention to this thread.

posted by  abless

exactly

posted by  mazda6man

I only closed it, not deleted....and my reasoning was well justified :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Drugs are bad. =O

posted by  Kissable_star

I agree.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message