What is a ricer?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  What is a ricer?

I know the stereotypical Asians who spend millions on their Civics or whatever..but what constitutes a ricer? I was reading the lambo-door thread and everyone kept talking about ricers. Is there anything to it besides being Asian and owning a Civic?

Speaking of which, I'm Korean and I'm looking into the Civic Si :mrgreen: Even though I hate Civics but I wanted the RSX and everyone told me to get the new Civic Si...

posted by  seoulcityskin

I'm a Civic owner.. buy the civic!

Anyways, a ricer is someone who trys to make their car look fast but in reality it aint shit.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

All show no go baby :orglaugh:
Ricers tend to have huge ass wings. Really crappy put together body kits,neon lights coming out of everywhere,those horrid looking altezzas, and a huge fartcan. Not all ricers own civics.

posted by  Spanky2324

Ohh, alright. Hahaha, I guess I'm a ricer! Honestly, I don't need to go fast and I don't do street racing but I want a fun car where I can go fast. I'd throw on some exterior/interior shit to look nice but I woudln't touch the engine and stuff...oh no! :ohcrap:

posted by  seoulcityskin

If you want something fast that doesnt require any engine shit, dont buy a civic

Finally words of wisdom

posted by  99integra

I knew I'd learn something about cars when I joined this site.

Oh..the Civic Si, I thought was going to be as fast as I need it. Any other directions to lead me or suggestions?

posted by  seoulcityskin

How aobut you get a Porsche 924S or 928 :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

hahahhahahaha 942's are slow i mean i guess they are fast for what they are bur come on a 2.5l inline4 id get the 982 plus it looks much better

posted by  mx3_monster

for the record, a ricer doesn't necessarily refer to an asian person or even a foreign car...

http://riceboypage.com/

this should clarify it a little bit...

...and making their car look fast isn't necessarily the issue. it's actually believing their car is fast b/c of all the visual and other non performance-enhancing modifications done to it...

but synt is right when she says "it ain't shit" :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

It will be ... it'll be fast enough to be illegal, so unless you're racing or something ....

posted by  windsonian

Boooo! Get the RSX-S! They're basically the same car. Although, the RSX-S puts out more horsepower, and it handles a bit better. But the Civic SI and the RSX-S uses the same engine, or at least variants of the same engine. And with the RSX, youll probaly get a better transmission, unless you are planning on getting the 06 Civic Si, which should share the transmission with the RSX-S.

posted by  aerith

But what if you just want something looking like an import civic like the ones at HIN shows does that mean your an ricer if you just want it for looks?

posted by  xt3rri0r

have you even been reading this thread? read it... :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

like i said in my first reply read post #3 if you want a nice car i would put a huge ass wing, i would put a body kit and muffler. So does that make me one?

posted by  xt3rri0r

Yes it does ... but so what? If that's what you want to do, then do it. A lot of people won't agree with you, and they're usually the ones who'll be vocal and tell you you're a "ricer fag", but if that's what you want, then be proud of your riciness.

posted by  windsonian

I don't get how that makes you a ricer if everything is nice exterior and interior all you didn't do is fix up the engine

posted by  xt3rri0r

A ricer is someone that rices.

posted by  GreekWarrior

When I said I was going to get the Civic Si, I meant the new 2006 one. I really don't like the 2005 Si and I'm not a fan of hatchbacks and shit.

If I get an RSX (base or S), I think I would get it used...like 2002-2005. I'm trying to decide what car to get, I have time because the Civic Si doesn't come out for a lil bit.

A lot of people have been telling me to get the new Civic Si instead of the RSX type S.

posted by  seoulcityskin

You dont have to be asian to be a ricer. You dont have to even drive a japanese car to be a ricer. If you put any appearance modifications that are deemed "ricey" on your car, than you're a ricer.

posted by  Oomba

only if you then pretend that all that stuff makes it fast and drive around like an asshole...

posted by  dodger65

It's usually the people who drive Porsches and BMWs who cut in front of you and drive dangerously. But I suppose it's accepted as they have a flashy car :roll:

posted by  fudge

...not around here, it's not...

the people w/ high end cars around here are usually pretty low key...

posted by  dodger65

hey im asian too but im not a ricer am i? sorry i just take things the wrong way alot but yea im stating my point

posted by  ahoo

Well of course your gonna gain confidence if you have a nice car but not all people make it seem like there car is fast by there actions. And not all people act like assholes when they have a nice car not the ppl i meet at least.

Edit: Hmm i have a cold air intake that don't make me a ricer

posted by  xt3rri0r

A cold air intake is considered a performance mod. it does make you faster..though only a tiny bit. But as long as you don't think you can beat more cars now b/c of that intake your not a ricer.

i find it funny beating a civic or whatnot with my 90% stock accord and they are all impressed that i beat then and i jsut laugh and tell em its stock so they just feel stupid. :laughing:

I found a riced 6th gen accord the other night. Looked body kit looked pretty nice but it had a fart can and big wing. I was jsut cruising so he passed me and when he was going by he honked his horn and looked over and laughed. So we went around a coner with him in front of me and know the road so i knew it was a straight away. I went and started to pass him, he then went and sped up so i couldn't pass him. I eventually passed him at 105/110 mph. I then went an saw him the next day. In the daylight it looked so much worse. And it was a two lane road so i pulled up next to him and he saw me then wouldn't even look at me. :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

ok my opinion of a ricer is a dumbass who add all these visual mods to his car AND CLAIMS OR ACTS LIKE HIS CAR IS FASTER. If a person just has rims, spoiler, Bodykit,tailight etc.. THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM RICER. A lot of people add visual upgrades to their cars because they like the way they look. That doesn't make them rice. What would make them rice is if they add a bodykit, and a Wing and act like their car just got faster from that. Example would be if a guy would be in a Neon or something with bodykit kit and everything and would come up to like an EVO( or actually any car on the road since neon sux nuts) and start to rev the engine and want to race. THAT my definition of ricer.

posted by  V-Tec

Your Message