How much is it to do the following to a car.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  How much is it to do the following to a car.

How much is it to do the following to a car. An estemate.

1.tinting the windows?
2.Body kit?
3.average price for 4 chrome 16" rims?

I was just wondering I have a 97 mercury mystique v6 engine. I just wanted to know I know that a mercury is not a car to pimp out or whatever I just wanted to know thanks for help that you give me.

posted by  Fgreco

That's pretty ricey, but depends on the brands, and models that you get...between $2,000-$10,000 probably

posted by  chris_knows

How much is just tinting the windows like 5%. estamate.thanks for posting

posted by  Fgreco

Depends where you are, what connections you have, any how much money you want to spend. Here in Philly, I got 20% tints for $150 (all windows except the windshield). I would expect it to be in that area. Rims depend a lot on what kind you want. Chrome rims are usually a bit more expensive and since 16" isn't that big, maybe going with your average finish can save you some money. Either way, look around, I think you should be able to get a a set of 4 16" chromes for $1,500. In terms of body kit. That should be relatively expensive if you want it done right. I'd guess around $2,500.

Keep in mind, everything I say might be wrong but I hope I helped a bit. :2cents:

Mikey29a

posted by  Nissan_Altima

YOUR A RICER :banghead: :fu: :ticking:

posted by  Stem

lol leave him alone. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Tint - depends on brand and type but usually like 100-300+
Bodykit - 500-2000
Rims- 1000-3000

Hope i helped :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

:fu: :fu: your a ricer! :fu:

posted by  Slapshot

:roll:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Even if he is a ricer, it's a choice of personal preference if oyu want your car to look nice, or ride nice...Maybe he's already put in some engine mods...

posted by  chris_knows

wow little harsh there at least he isn't planning on getting a bookshelf wing

posted by  mx3_monster

Just as a bit of advice...judging from the prices others have posted you could get a supercharger for that much...or very nearly anyway. Your choice, but I know which one I'd choose.

posted by  hondaman

no he isn't a ricer. A ricer would get all that and then claim that his car got faster. :banghead:

posted by  V-Tec

Actually, the body kit could make the car faster and stop better, no gain in horsepower or torque or anything though,
And the rims could make the car lighter, increasing speed very slightly... :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

so you are saying it's a performance mod so it isn't rice? Proving my point that he is not a ricer.

posted by  V-Tec

No, I'm saying that he would gain speed, so he would not be called a ricer if he said his car was faster...Nevermind, it seemed smarter when I first said it :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

For that car? I would not do anything to it.

posted by  MustangFan424

no ur wrong that is pure rice, unless he had put in SOMTHING under the hood

posted by  Stem

how can it make it stop better? :ohcrap:

posted by  dodger65

Increasing air to the brakes lol :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Um, 4 Wheel disc brakes? But then no burn outs -.-

posted by  MustangFan424

Nah I just want the car to look a little better that is all. I am not much into speed or a bragger of any kind. I just want a nice stereo, tinted windows and some rims really. I can hold off of the body kit unless the bumper gets hit from another car. I am not going to put another stock bumper on I would put a body kit on. Of course I would not be doing any of the work. Well yeah 5% tint or 20% tint what is the difference? The more the number the darker the treatment? Well I will have the radio and tint done I will have to save money for rims. Sorry I have been neglecting this thread I have not been around. :sleep: I would still love for you to give advice and answer my question if you can and I will look and reply back I promisse.

posted by  Fgreco

Calm down guys, geez. You have no idea if he has done anything to increase performance, or if he plans to do performance in the future. Maybe he just wants to make it look nice before making it fast. Even if he doesn't want it to be fast, that doesn't make him a ricer. I'm really getting sick and tired of people calling each other ricers on here as soon as they mention a body kit or altezzas ( I personally like the carbon fiber tails better anyway, but thats just an example ). Anyway, you get my drift?

posted by  Accord_Man

Exactly.

posted by  Accord_Man

I just want it to look nice I did nothing to the engine at all.

posted by  Fgreco

So did you get around to putting that stuff in?

posted by  chris_knows

Not a car to to put a body kit on but here are my estimates:

1) Tinting--$200
2) Body Kit--$1000
3) Rims--$1000
4) Spendin Money--PRICELESS :orglaugh: :clap:

Good Luck bud

posted by  snakeeyes911

Your Message