modyfing 250cc engine

Home  \  Off Topic  \  modyfing 250cc engine

im getting a nice go kart, looks like this, or might be this one exactly just black
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/250CC-Sand-Rail-Go-Kart-Cart-Dune-Buggy-Off- Road-Karts_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46105QQitemZ4577752421

but i want alot more speed and power just for fun, its comes sock 19hp, what can i do to it too make it sound real nice, liek a new exaust, and id like 50+ horses, maybe nos? and some gauges?

posted by  illusion34

Christ atleast call it nitrous, I would maybe get a little exhaust upgrade but just no nitrous, i have a feeling it would ruin the engine

posted by  99integra

Nothing...Unless a loud "brap" noise turns you on...

posted by  hondaman

i dont want a fart can noise, like a throaty one, cuz its carb, iunno, how can i get some power out of it?

posted by  illusion34

Well as you mentioned, exhaust (good for some cheap/easy power), i know for some go-kart/mini-bike engines you can get a bore kit which adds some good power, there is also the nitrous you mentioned and i think smaller sprockets (doesnt add hp just gets wheels spinning faster).

posted by  car_crazy89

Make it like this
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=535CF318-94D8-4B27-8CDA-8CC D24F05158&p=1

posted by  99integra

holy shit, how fast did that thing go, yeah i want more of an offroad kart cuz there bigger, but i want crazy speed like that, how can i get that kinda speed?

posted by  illusion34

yeahy he live in quebec. and by the looks of it. MONTREAL... GO MONTREALERS ( im a montrealer) i wanan do something like that in the offroad kart jk.

posted by  illusion34

put a motor out of a road bike on it!!!!!

posted by  glagon1979

Cool kart!

I've been thinking of getting one of these... has anyone driven any? Are they any good?

I found another cool forum dedicated to things just like this at

www.buggynews.com

They seem to be having a good time with them there.

posted by  theone

It's a CVT tranny. That leaves your torque options very low. Unless you want to entirely replace the CVT.

posted by  Godlaus

the thing is that i wanted a manual transmission :(

posted by  illusion34

My cousin had a go kart that had over 100hp....

He swapped in a Fiat X/19 motor and modified it :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

No go with a CVT.

Try saving up and buying a motorcycle, if you want a fast, open-feel ride.

posted by  Godlaus

A ski-doo sure feels like a fast open-feel ride, last time i checked they had A CVT

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

even better yet, swap in a motorcycle engine

posted by  glagon1979

Your Message