Which Gone In 60 Seconds?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Which Gone In 60 Seconds?

which one do you like better

the original one or
the one with nicholas cage in it?

to me the new one is the one i like more. i just like the shelby over the mustang

posted by  ahoo

The old one is better, I've only seen parts of it, and the remade one is pretty good, but the other one is a classic...The Blues Brothers was even better though...with the Chicago chase scene :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

i like the original one but the new one is alright tii :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

I remember seeing the original in the video store right when the remake came out. I meant to rent it but life got busy. I haven't been able to find it since. I look everytime I go to a video store. I figure I'll just order it online one of these days. If memory serves, didn't they wreck over 150 cars (I'm thinking it was 173 or something) making the original?

posted by  Bino

Definately the original one, i've seen it twice and could watch it amny times more. I like it more cause its all real, they used only one Mach 1 for all stunts and even had some screw ups that mad ethe movie better (if you know which things were mistakes). The original was all about the car (especially the 40 minute chase scene), the remake was too fake (even the jump AND the car(s) 'Eleanor').

posted by  car_crazy89

They wrecked 93 cars which was a record at the time, then the guy who made that movie then made 'The Junkman' and wrecked about 150 cars, he was working on 'Gone in 60 Seconds 2' when he died on set during a stunt gone wrong.. he was aiming to wreck over 400 cars, movie got mostly done and you can actually get it on DVD (havent seen it yet).

posted by  car_crazy89

Those were good...but I tell you the best chase scene I ever saw was in the movie Bullitt. Excellent. The one in The French Connection is supposed to be excellent too, but I never saw that one.

posted by  hondaman

Wow, I was way off.

Yeah, about chase scenes. Ronin has a great one as well.

posted by  Bino

hmmmm ok ive seen both ive got the original on dvd it said something about him hitting a light bulb during the car chase and injuring himself so yea. i liked the end bit tht was crack up how they arrested the wrong person

EDIT
but what will be really cool is if they made a game sorta like GTA but more centered around cars. that is what id say is awesome

posted by  ahoo

Ya, there was a few things that went wrong but they left in, like the part you mentioned of hitting the lightpole at over 80MPH or so (the car that clipped him was supposed to slow down). Another mistake was the cop car that hit the Cadillacs outside a dealership (it was only supposed to hit one, instead took out 3 or 4, and 2 were his own cars and one was the acual dealerships). He also almost took out his friend when he ran into a roadblock cause the car didnt skid sideways in time.

I think that game idea would be pretty sweet, not sure if they'd ever do it though. I think the car/chase scenes are the most important parts and would love that in a game. Maybe you should write to all of the video game makers :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah, a GTA type movie would be pretty sweet, just any movie with car chases, and fighting...just pure action would be sweet, with no drama, or romance or any of that crap, doesn't even have to make sense

posted by  chris_knows

lol that would be funny

"so what now?"
"i don't know."
*fight scene*
"damn...."
"oh s**t cops!!!"
*car chase*
"we made it..."
*car blows up*
THE END

posted by  ahoo

I prefer the remade for some reason.

posted by  Charger.426Hemi

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:
Pretty much, yes. :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i've always liked that body style charger... come to think of it, at birth i was probably brought home from the hospital in one... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

I pick the second, only because of a certain Ms. Jolie.
They are both good, IMHO.

posted by  ChromeDome

Your Message