Audio mixing

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Audio mixing

I'm not sure if anyone likes to mess with mixing music but I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that could basically disect a song and find each seperate part(bass,lead,vocals, etc.). I have some ideas on some songs I wanna mix up but I'm not sure of the program.

posted by  Spanky2324

try "recycle" - program from propellerhead

posted by  dodgerforlife

get fruity loops, acid, sound forge 6.0 and mix meister :thumbs:

posted by  ToshoRcing

i dont really like acid though - forgot about fruity loops though :)

reason & rebirth are two other programs from the propellerhead stable, rebirth is essentially a synthesizer, and i can't exactly remember what reason does :ohcrap:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Musician @ work here. :smoke:
If I understand correctly what you're looking for I have to say sorry mate! It's every producers dream to be able to dissect a song into its components and then remix them. Lots of remixers and DJs have been holding their breath for that one program that removes the music and leaves only the vocals for their personal remix. It's extremely difficult to extract single instruments from a stereo mix. There are lots of overlaps in frequencies etc. - I don't want to get into all the technical details. Think about it as a pound cake from where you'd like to to extract the eggs, butter, sugar and so on.

The other way round is easy though, I double the suggestions made before.

easy
Ric

posted by  solaar

is there any way that anybody knows i can get pro tools for windows for *cough free cough* :laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

*cough* any p2p program *cough*

posted by  dodgerforlife

Uh yeah all I find is the mac version and I run windows.

posted by  Spanky2324

Your Message