Hockey is back.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Hockey is back.

Anybody else here live and breathe hockey?

posted by  Mathew

I dont know much about the teams but love playing and watching it on the TV

posted by  stevenbob0

ohh,, i never noticed it was gone....

posted by  adamc44

:stupid:

posted by  SuperJew

Amazing sport!!! Amongst my favorites, if not THE favorite. Good to have it back after the lockout and all!

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Didnt really miss it myself, not a big hockey fan. The only times i ever really watch hockey is when the playoffs start.

posted by  car_crazy89

Is it true that they made the goals bigger now, so there would be more shots so more people would watch?

posted by  c90acm

I never hered that. HMMMMMM. Its true it would be more exsiting

posted by  stevenbob0

I'm not sure. They did change up some rules. 2-line passes are now allowed to increase offense. Goalies can only handle the puck in a very limited area behind the net. Goalies have smaller equipment so that scoring is increased. Last, but certaintly not least, there is now a shootout after each 5 minute OT period should there be one needed.

However, the nets themselves, I don't think they changed them.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Don't forget the biggest change. The crackdown on obstruction. Its going to totally change the game, with way more penalties and a much more open game.

posted by  Mathew

Go Thrashers! :mrgreen:

posted by  97Talonchik

Living in the Tampabay area, I've been to one lightning game already. In addition to the crackdown on obstruction, the allowing of two line passes, and the limited space a goalie can play the puck, they have also enlarged the scoring zone by four feet. They moved the goal line back two feet, and the blue line back two feet. This enlarged zone should allow much more scoring chances and keep the game exciting.

posted by  torinoman80

Here in Philadelphia, we hate you Tampa guys! jk I find it kinda cool that there are still some people into hockey. I find it kinda weird that I'm such a big fan and everyone else would rather watch 25 other sports over it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Haha don't hate us because we're good. Im really excited about this year. This is my first year with season tickets. There's nothing like watching hockey in person.

posted by  torinoman80

Go BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  jdubya

I think that hockey playoffs are some of the most exciting sports around.
I have just never been able to handle the ties in the regular season. I need a resolution to my sports.

posted by  ChromeDome

hockey, good... :mrgreen:

posted by  Slapshot

haha, crackdown on obtruction, me says they're bsing. I was reading about that in the hockeynews magazing, sports leagues always say they will "crack down on obstruction" but, they don't...

posted by  Slapshot

With the new shootout, no more ties!!!

PS Flyers lose season opener after blowing a 3-1 lead. I'm going to go cry. :cry:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Flyers were supposed 2 go all the way according to hockey news, Im hoping 4 the sharks though... It'll take awhile 4 all our young players to get into their prime though. then we will be a top-team.

posted by  Slapshot

I'm going tonight to the lightning vs bruins. Go lightning!

posted by  torinoman80

Ottawa All The Way, Yah!

posted by  jasjitdhillon09

Lightning suck, it was even proven by the NHL president that the referee cheated and that the Calgary flames won the cup. But now he can't do anything because the game ended and anyways CALGARY SUCKS!

:guns: TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

The Leafs are going to make a comeback...just not this year :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Haha, i want a Canadian team to win, dont matter to me which one :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

I think ottawa has a pretty good chance, and probably my beloved canucks, if they can get their shit together.

posted by  Mathew

LOL i love this game!

YES !! YES !! YES !! BOOooooYAaaaaaa !!!!!!

Canucks DESTROY Blackhawks 6-2, TAKE THAT :fu: :fu:

..sorry. This is what hockey does to me.

posted by  Mathew

Your Message