just got new speakers...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  just got new speakers...

i just got some new speakers in the back of my car, but the speakers in front are shot. the bass in the front is horrible. if i balance the music to the new back speakers, will that ruin them? My stereo can adjust the music to the back on a scale of 1-6. if i do 2, will that completely ruin my new back speakers?

posted by  chinga_ling24

It'll only ruin them if the amp either puts out too much power for the speakers to handle, or if it puts out way too litttle and you have to crank it past the point of amplifier distortion to get them to be heard.

You're not adding the power to the front to the power sent to the rear bay running the fader to the rear. In your case, it'd be no different than say, not hooking up the rear speakers and only running fronts, like if you were to use that stereo in a a stock car/truck with only front speakers.

posted by  ChrisV

okay so its okay to add the sound to the rear? (dont have an amp or anything, just speakers.)

posted by  chinga_ling24

yeah, you can adjust the fader more rearward, or all the way rearward, or even disconnect teh front speakers entirely. Won't affect the rear speakers.

And the amp is built into the stereo (it's the part of the stereo that makes the sound). while you may not have a separate amplifier, the stereo itself has one in it to power the speakers. That's the amplifier I was talking about.

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message