almost got caught

Home  \  Off Topic  \  almost got caught

lol okay so we had the like PSAT's (PRACTICE SAT)in school today and after the test some teachers said that there were no classes. So like 200-300 people start to leave and then the teachers and all those people learn that there are classes. So the teachers that have no classes get into thier cars and try to go and get students back to class. Now my History teacher tells us we don't have class and we are dissmissed. So i got to my locker to get my stuff and our assist principal is walking arround the halls and tellin people to go back to class. So he sees me leaving and he is like wat u doin and i am like i am callin someone to tell em not to pic me up. lol HE believes me and goes on. So then i start walking and i like 2 block away from the school and then i see this like UGLY GREEN toyota Echo or something and then i realize it's one of my teachers so i take off sprinting. She sees that i sart sprinting and she speeds up. THen i have like nowhere to go cause it's a really long block so i start sprinting through backyards. I come out about 2 parralel streets over to where i was when i started and then i see her pull around the corner. THen i hide in the bushes until she drives by and i take off sprinting towards home lol. :laughing: :clap: ohh yeah and by the way i didn't have my History homework done so i lucked out big

posted by  V-Tec

lol. here in puerto rico, the teacher would have just run u over and said, "well, u did ask for it when u started running...."

and everyone thats not you would agree.....

posted by  Inygknok

lol :laughing:

posted by  V-Tec

Those are some determined teachers you've got. Here they just would have laughed if they saw a student sprinting and then get back to their vodka.

posted by  hondaman

Why would teachers go through thta much trouble just to keep you in school?

posted by  SlipKnoT

Because it was their fault that we got out of school. I mean if it was like 10 students that would be ok but this like more than half the Sophmore class

posted by  V-Tec

You are an ignorant fool

posted by  jedimario

why is that

posted by  V-Tec

Wow...that's a pretty interesting way to get out of school, here our teachers would just pretend like they didn't see us, because they'd end up getting caught with a prostitute in the backseat, or so I would imagine :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

You'll find out once you actually try to get a life.

posted by  jedimario

okay watever u say, i still have no clue wat u are talking about but i am not gonna start to argue cause of that

posted by  V-Tec

Duh...he's a teacher :screwy:

(V-Tec don't read this)
Jedimario just agree with it so he shuts up JP :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

no i insist it'll be good for you....
Stay out of trouble and keep your grades up, then you get to go to college. After that you can land yourself in a decent career and have a failry comfortable life.
Or you can get in trouble and fail stuff and skip school and never go to college and never have any hope of ever being finacially successful. And not have a so comfortable life.
any ?'s????

posted by  jedimario

ya so whats your point that he is a teacher. I still don't want to be stuck in school. And yes he is a teacher who i have for one of my classes and whenever we have unxcused absence teachers take of liek 3% off your sememster grade. ( yes i do excuse myself a ton by calling in saying i am sick or watver but why do that when u don't have to right?)

posted by  V-Tec

You mean I'm a techer? I'm no teacher...

posted by  jedimario

well # 1 my grades are pretty good and everytime i miss school i don't even fall behind. Now i am sure if you would have an option of leaving school and your grades not being lowered than u woul do it. If not thats just you then. I mean i understand what you are saying but it's not like this wont be excused. ( schools fault)

posted by  V-Tec

#1-are you gonna play hookie from a job cause you're doing well in it?
#2-the school told you that the teacher made a mistake and you know it

posted by  jedimario

well lets see it was more like every teacher made that mistake. And about What happened was after we all finished tests all the teachers said you guys can go home. Then 10 MINUTES LATER they said that there are classes. In those 10 minutes tons of people had left already so some teachers that had free periods at that time were asked to get into their cars and tell students to come back.
And Job and school are different i really do hate when people make that comparison. JOB PAYS SCHOOL DOESN"T Yes i know u might wanna go to school to be succesful but don't make the comparison of job to school.

posted by  V-Tec

True, but we're not talking about the other students we're talking about YOU. YOU knew there were classes therefore it is YOUR fault for not being there.

posted by  jedimario

Um no my teacher told me i am dissmissed so as far as i knew i had the whol day off. Not until i was about to leave i found out that they wanted half the students back. Now i hate school so anytime u give me a descion if i wanna go to school it will always be NO. Now yes i know when i go to college thats a diff story but for now No would def be my answer.

posted by  V-Tec

Fine. I give up. :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  jedimario

No man i undersatnd what u are saying that it was my descision to get out of school since i knew that they wanted students back but what i am saying is they made the first mistake that let half the students go they might as well let everyone go

posted by  V-Tec

You should because tis a loosing argument. Because of these reasons

1. If he's a deadbeat like that and does that in his jobs or in college if he ever goes then NOTHING you say could change him.

2. Hes not like that from what he says so it seems like he has his head on his shoulders. And if he has his head on his shoulder's he knows how much mroe important college is. And as for the job defn difference there because u get paid.

3. NOW there are those kinds of people that say things like well if you starting cheating on ur gfs in high school it will be no different when your 24,(which is very much what you were trying to say in a diff way) well starting a habit and continuing a habit don't always go together. it depends more on the person and more about his knowledge and experiences of life itself. People can change, especially drastically after going through life, THAT is why that argument is not always a valid one.

EDIT: And thank you for your time the new Dr. Phil will be here all week folks. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Who're you callin' Dr. Phil?!?!

posted by  jedimario

i believe himself

posted by  V-Tec

Point: I skipped a month of school my last semester of my senior year. Why? Because I learned absolutely nothing my senior year. You know what? I still graduated with a 3.4 GPA. You can't go around saying this kid is screwing up his life because he chose to leave one day when he was given an ample opportunity. It might screw up his life but hey, it might not! I learned more from life out of school than I did in it. It all depends on the person and the situation.

Counterpoint: Not everyone is me! School is important especially if you aren't doing well. I just happened to make straight A's from Kindergarten all the way until my last quarter of school. If you're not motivated and you're thinking this world is going support your dumb ass, you're in for a rude awakening when you have to make it on your own. For whoever said school and a job were not the same because a job pays...I hate to tell you this but school pays too. It might not be immediate nor to your conscious knowledge, but you are more than likely learning something. Knowledge is power. Knowledge PAYS for your future. Wake up and smell the roses kid, mommy and daddy aren't going to support you forever. :2cents:

posted by  97Talonchik

Wow...that is so true, :clap: but just one day of say 180 is nothing to worry about really. :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

... and here I was thinking that I was you :laughing:
So he missed a class ... big deal. I just thought the whole being chased by a teacher in a car thing was kinda funny. Reminded me of the Simpsons when Skinner walks through the river chasing Bart.... in the Waitergate episode.

posted by  windsonian

I just really like arguing with myself. :mrgreen:

posted by  97Talonchik

The walls to your room aren't padded by any chance are they?

posted by  windsonian

You're right, one class isn't a big deal, the big deal is whole attitude towards school and authority and him not taking responsibility for his actions.

posted by  jedimario

Who you think peanut?

posted by  Pythias

So yeah...

To V-Tec:

Good times, kinda funny stiry, You have some damn dedicated ass teachers man.

To Jedi mario:

Damn, chill bro. I am pulling in 45-50k a year working at AOL. That having been said; I was NEVER in class, ever. I had 34 Unexecused absences the first quarter of my senior year. Do the math, the first quarter is 9 weeks, 5 days week, thats 45 days, 45-34=11. Thats right 11 days that I was in class. Of course after that I had to fix my shit up or I wouldn't graduate but thats not the point (we'll talk about that later).

The point is, hey look at me, making plenty of money no college degree, enjoying myself...and I didn't even graduate. yes thats correct. I dropped out and got my GED then started working. I am making bank at an easy job where I am payed to sit on my ass in an air conditioned building, surf the internet all day, and take a few phone calls. Remember 45-50k a year. with a GED. Not half bad.

The cool thing is, I love seeing someone I went to school with at somewhere random. Like mcDonalds or Starbucks when they are behind the counter. They are always like:
"Hey, I went to school with you! Aren't you that guy that pissed in a water ballon and threw it at that french teachers car?"
or
"Aren't you that one guy that showed up to class drunk threw up in that one chicks cleavage then passed out at your desk?"
or
"Hey you tried to build a wall on the bridge to school so that nobody could get in!"

and its always followed by this comment; "didn't you drop out?"
"yeah, thats me, and yeah I did"
"Oh so what are you doing now?"
"just working."
Then they hand me my fries through the window, see my car and go
"Damn, nice car, where are you working?"
Then I feel good inside.

And the thing is, that even though I did all that random crap. I was still Beloved by the administration and most teachers (god damn french teacher). They all knew me and Sonmetimes when I ditched I would just go hang out with some of the other teachers, just chill and talk to them abnout their life, family, etc.

posted by  Zalight

Damnit Im not done ranting yet.

So anyway, after I dropped out and before I got a job I did a lot of thinking about life, because, well, I didn't have much else to do...You can only play so much Halo. To be honest with you, If you think that going to school and getting your diploma, then going to college and getting your degree, then going into the work force and establishing yourself a secure career is what should be considered success, then I seriously feel bad for you. Grab yourself a few books; Walden, On Self-Reliance, The Teachings of the Compassionate Buddah, and Into the Wild to start.

One is successful if they are happy, at least in my book. Think about it this way. Does it really matter that you were late to class? Or if you even went? Does it REALLY matter? Will it affect the greater course of human events? And in that light, does the Greater course of Human events even effect the universal timeline? Do some small insignifacant creatures on some small insignifacant chunk of rock in the corner of the universe affect anything on the greater scale?

The answer is quite simply, no. And that can be either bad or good depending on how you look at it. Because that does mean that even if you work your ass off, graduate medical school at 17 are a Brain surgeon by 21 and find the cure for both AIDS and cancer, you still aren't making any real difference. Because you are only extending and changing the lifeline of a small, doomed, speck of a hiccup in the universal timeline. This also means that even if you end up an alcholic living in a refrigerator box under a highway overpass, you are still not affecting any more than the doctor.

But this does bring about a disturbing question, If we can do nothing at all to change anything on a large scale, if no matter what we do, we are doomed to a short, microscopic existence as a society, then what (however cliche it might sound) is the point of life?

And the answer is that there is no point... But thats the point. The point of life is that there is no point, no greater meaning or grand scheme. You have to make your own point in life. That is what makes life, life. By creating your own point you put meaning into your life. My point in life for a while there was just to go through as many meaningless and inconsequintial relationships as I could. Then after I dropped out and I had my little epifany, I made my goal to get a job, that was my point in life for a little while. Then once I got one, I made my goal to buy an e36 M3. and I did....and I was happy. Now my point in life is to go to UTI and become a BMW factory trained mechanic. But my point in life tonight is to get drunk while watching Adult Swim on cartoon network and smoking cigarettes. And trust me once I accomplish this, I will be very happy with my life.

You see? Life isn't about how many degrees you have or what you job is, its about how you feel about yourself. If you set a goal for yourself to do nothing all weekend, and you accomplish it, you'll be happy, and therefore succesful. If you set a goal for yourself to mow the lawn, spend time with your family, plant a tree, smoke a blunt, work on your car, get drunk, whatever it is. Once you have a goal, you'll have given yourself a purpose in life, a point in life. Once you accomplish that purpose you wil be happy.
Whew, done

posted by  Zalight

I want those seconds of my life back.

posted by  Spencer

you misspelled "epiphany", zalight... :wink2:

point is, really..... he's a sophomore in f*cking high school! that'd when you get to f*ck around a little bit and you still have a chance to do well later... my friends and i used to trash the gym every morning, taking all the equipment out of the storage closets and throwing them all over the gym (you oughta see hundreds of soccer balls flying around) we used to get chased by the teachers every day, we used to smoke in the bathroom, we ditched school during a fire drill----why? because we were in high school! jeeebus, let a kid be a kid for a little bit... he still has time to get good grades and make it into college-- my friends and i did... but he also has some f*ck-off time coming, too.... really, you don't even need to totally straighten yourself out until college... :thumbs: :2cents:

posted by  dodger65

I don't think that skipping really messes up your future. I skipped plenty of times, slept in class, did random shit and I still managed to get into college with a full scholarship. It's what you do with the time you are working that counts.

posted by  hondaman

Just want to point out, I said financially successful.

And like I said, skipping a class or two isn't necisairily bad, it's his attitude towards it. He ran from a teacher when he knew he should have gone back to school. Would he run from a cop? Sounds to me like he would. It's not necisairily his behaviour now, but the behaiviour he could have when everything he does matters unlike now where he just gets slapped with a wet noodle for doing anything wrong.

posted by  jedimario

Allright, just as long as you know that that long winded speech basically meant, let him fu*k around if he wants to, hes got another 80 or 90 years of life to live, and im sure he can make up for something as small as missing a class.

posted by  Zalight

i don't think i wanna live to be 96 or 106 lol

posted by  V-Tec

Does it count as living if you're cryogenically frozen? Because that's probably just around the corner :paranoid: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message