Video iPod

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Video iPod

They came out today!! What's with all of the iPods coming out all of a sudden? :screwy:
What's everybody think of them??

Question about them, do they play downloaded movie files, like .avi's and mpg's, etc...? Or just an Apple encrypted file?

posted by  chris_knows

I sell them, and yes they are pimp #$@! Apple has a good thing going, so why not put out more of a good thing. They recently bought the rights for a design from samsung that is a 16 gig storage device in a size they can incorperate into the nano :drool: That is the one I am waiting for

posted by  Voda48

Yeah, I want it too...can you get me any sweet hook-ups? :laughing:

Any dates on the Samsing iPod? :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

in my view they are overpriced. you can get a creative for 200 40GB and that ipod will cost around 300. but then again mac is better. i have a $2000 mac laptop that hasnt let me down once. my PC crashes monthly

posted by  6000LE

I also heard that iPods were unreliable, but I still want one :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

There not unreliable as long as you take care of them. I plan to buy the video i-pod. You can put downloaded videos on there and it gives me enjoyment while at work on break or something.

posted by  Spanky2324

:drool: heh, hook me up

posted by  C c C

Ipod is unreliable, eventhough Apple is a great company (far better than Microsoft). I've been through 2 4th Gen 20 Gig Ipod's over a period of 7 months. I think it's ITunes (which btw is monstrously gay compared to the likes of WINAMP). Don't get me wrong, I love my POD, I just wish it wouldn't crash so often or freeze during playback. I've also heard lots of complaints about the Nano's performance. :doh:

:edit:spelling

posted by  elchango36

I've had the same problems with my 2nd gen 15gb iPod. I got it 1 1/2 years ago and the hard drive has completely crashed twice! Since my warranty has expired, I can't do anything with it. Gotta use the old fashioned, but heavily dependable CD player. I heard the early model iPod's had a lot of problems but the newer ones are much more reliable. I want to get a new video iPod soon and if I get it, I hope it isn't as unreliable as my previous iPod.

posted by  moostang104314

My 20 gig recently froze. The only thing the manual says to do is reset it, but i am hesitant because then i would have to put the 47 cd's back on it again. For those of you that have an ipod, you know how long this would take.

posted by  torinoman80

hmm...can't say i've had any real problems with my Nano. still loving it. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

A friend brought one in school today, they look really small... :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

I think I'd be afraid the nano would somehow snap in half carrying it around in my pocket.

posted by  elchango36

could you add your own ongs to the ipod video or only the songs from the music library in itunes???

posted by  nick27

Probably just like in the other iPods, you have to import your music to iTunes, and from there put it into the iPod :thumbs:

Does anybody know if it plays regular movie files, or only special iTunes movie files?

posted by  chris_knows

it plays other video extensions also craziest ipod apple has made

posted by  nick27

Your Message