New Orleans

Home  \  Off Topic  \  New Orleans

We went to New Orleans today. We took the Twin Span from Slidell to New Orleans East. Many of you probably have seen the Twin Span on T.V. It's that large bridge across Lake P. with many sections missing.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/TwinSpan.jpg

Twin Span. Only one side open.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/105MPH.jpg

Getting to the Twin Span

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/NewOrleans.jpg

Downtown New Orleans from the High Rise

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/NewOrleans2.jpg

Getting closer

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/Porche.jpg

Behind a Porche

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/SuperDome.jpg

The Superdome..

We just basically drove around the city. Fast as ****ing hell. On the way back Jeromy decides to play with some black people in an old car. Them bitches were chasing after us.

...Every car in the New Orleans car lots..... are a sad site to see.. we even saw a house in the projects with "HELP" written on the roof :(

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Nice pics...does it look like people are starting to get back on their feet there...for the most part :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

I hear thats messed up over there. Serious question. Thats a 96/97-00 type design. My mom had an HX, and I dont picture it going 100 let alone over that.

posted by  6000LE

Everywhere you look, business's are just wiped out.. And I dont see how anyone could want to work there right now.. Once you get off the bridge, the smell is horrible

I plan on going to New Orleans again soon.. I'll take better pics from outside my car of the destruction

I doubt anybody would want to work there, but they have to make money, and that's probably their only option :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

If you want to get a job there, now is the time. The Burger King is paying $8.00 an hour and offering a $6,000.00 bonus for every worker. Every place that is ok for busniess is paying way above minimum wage and offering bonus. And my job is secure. They cant fire me because they need me. I've taken countless days off and they havent fired me yet.

is that the seatbelt light on? over a 100mph an no seatbelt, goodluck girl

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

8.0 bucks an hour is good? tim hortons pays 12.00 starting wage in the valley here,

Jeromy was driving.. He never wears a seatbelt. I'm getting into the habit of not wearing one either.. Try going 105 mph on the interstate and passing a truck in the emergency lane. I thought we were going to crash. He scared the living shit out of me when he did that coming home from downtown NOLA last night

considering minimum wage is 5.15 in New Orleans.. 8 bucks is good.

You survived two of the largest hurricanes to ever hit the east coast. Do you really want to throw it all away by not wearing a seatbelt? Is snapping on something so simple that can save your life so hard to do? Wasn't it much harder to move away from your home and watch your own city getting destroyed?

posted by  aerith

Is that $12.00 in Canadian? If so that's still only about $9.50-$10.00 American. Minimum wage varies in all states and eve local governments, but the national minimum wage i nthe U.S. is $5.15/hr. So $8.00/hr at a place that normally pays minimum wage for such a minial job is EXTREMELY generous...In the statew of Louisiana there is no minimum wage law anywho. So that makes that look that much better.

posted by  thunderbird1100

They weren't THAT bad...at least here in Baton Rouge. Sucks for NO though. I'm sure they'll rebuild it nicely though.

Of course not, Katrina was only the biggest disaster in the nation's history

I cant imagine a seatbelt and/or airbag saving your life when youre going 100+ MPH

posted by  6000LE

Ever since going 165 in the mac one .. 105 really isnt that fast to me.. but I need to start wearing my seatbelt more. I really do.

I can.

posted by  hondaman

tbird - 12$ CAD is about 10.10$ USD - and thats hella better then minimum, for such an easy job.

posted by  dodgerforlife

maybe most costly, but not the deadliest, by far.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I've never heard of that place before. What is it exactly?
You're right about it being ~$10.10 American.
The current exchange rate is for every american dollar you get $1.18 CDN. I just calculated it by knowing a C & D is $3.99 and for Canada it's $4.99, so i just used that conversion factor.

My cousins' live in New Orleans. It's such a mess right now. My one cousin, about my age and also a senior in high school says theres no stop to the work. He goes to to school fomr around 7-12 or so then goes over to his church and volunteers for the rest of the day, goes to someone's house or such and just helps out the rest of the day. They have like 1 school when there should be 4 so he goes to school in the monring and the rest of the kids go from around 1:30-7:00 or so at night. I'm not exact on those times but it's around there. I wonder hwo the teacher's work if the same ones work all day or they alternate? Man it's nuts, once he finishes up high school hes gonna decide where to go to college and they will all move outta there.

posted by  Pythias

And here I thought George W. Bush was the biggest disaster in the nation's history... :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Just think if it Kerry had been elected though. :screwy: We wouldda pulled out and ran with our tails between our legs and prolly gotten bombed again.

posted by  Pythias

Wearing a seatbelt is the difference between flying through the windshield or not.

posted by  torinoman80

He's not nearly as bad Kerry would have of been. But think about it, if he's theworst thing to happen to our nation, he's the worst tihng to happen to our nation but ALSO getting elected TWICE to the same office :2cents:

Just think, if Kerry had taken office...
A. Our Healthcare system would of been even more royally screwed.
B. We wouldn't of got tax cuts for anyone.
C. We would of pulled out of Iraq way before we needed to, making more nations hate us across the world.
D. There would be no ban on partial birth abortion (Which over 75-80% of Americans supported)..
E. We would even be in more massive debt than we even are now.

But really, I dont like either of the two main partes right now. Democrats need to get away from the dumbass Ted Kennedy Liberals and go back to a more moderate base and the Republicans need to go BACK to conservativism, not this NEO-conservativism that's royally F'ing up our deficit. Would of been nice to see a third part candidate take office (such as Michael Badnarik :2cents: ).

But I think EVERYONE can agree on here, Katrina and Rita were the two biggest back to back bitches to come to America. Even surpassing Jane Fonda.

The day Bush was sworn into office in 2001, the national debt was $5.7 trillion, and there was a surplus. On the day he showed up in Parkersburg, it had climbed to $7,782,816,546,352.29. That is seven trillion, seven hundred and eighty-two billion, eight hundred and sixteen million, five hundred and forty-six thousand, three hundred and fifty-two dollars, and twenty-nine cents- from cbs news report. anyway there wouldnt be bombing if bush's family and osama's family werent measuring penis size in the oil games, go eat a penis bush

Wow nice way of throwing some numbers out there to try I guess Bash Bush, I didn't even really get the point of this post or did it have a point? If so explain it in more than one ignorant last sentence comment. :screwy:

posted by  Pythias

nope just wanted to throw some numbers, and if you cant see bush is bad, i feel very very sorry for you. but goodluck

ok. now this is Jeromy replying to this one. first of all it was the gulf coast not the east coast and i was ouside the whole time of the storms. and another thing 105 on the interstate with no seatbelt is nothing. i was doing 165 in a 2001 accord passing cars on the side of the road with no seatbelt. or how about taking tight ass curves in a lexus on 20's at 145. or doing 185 in a porsche around some s curves. see i love this shit.

Looks like the brake warning light to me...AARRRGGGH!...He/She's driving with the handbrake on lol :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

no buddy. i think i'm smart enough to know to take the handbrake off unlike you. it was the seatbelt light ass.

jeromy

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy there you are bragging how smart you are and you admonish a moderator all in the same post. :roll:

posted by  Wally

Are you bragging or just stating how incredibly reckless you are with your life? If you don't care about your own life that's fine, but dont endanger the lives of innocent people with your driving.

posted by  torinoman80

:stupid:

posted by  SuperJew

Man I can not believe Cera is letting you tap her. You, Sir, are a complete and utter idiot. Not only did you put your life at risk, but you put hers at risk as well.

posted by  dodgerforlife

..............WOW.....................

posted by  99integra

Why am I stupid? :screwy:

posted by  torinoman80

naw, he doesnt mean your stupid, he just means hes with you. its just that the smilie says stupid....

posted by  dodgerforlife

yeah, what he said :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Oh, alrighty then.

posted by  torinoman80

it's ok when your oldder and have grown up you'll learn the more important things in life, im with dodger on that one do it by yourself....not with hot girls in the car....they are all ready in the car so you dont have to try to impress them with your super great awesome driving skillz :ticking:

banff - he doesnt just get her in the same vehicle.... :hi:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Haha! I'm sorry, but if you need to impress a girl with insane driving in order to get some, something must seriously be wrong with you.

posted by  torinoman80

What evidence do you have to suggest that I drive wityh the handbrake on? :banghead:

Now, I'm sorry, but that still looks like a Brake warning light to me...Am I the only one who thinks this?.... :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

It looks like it could be anything to me, hell I wouldn't be surprised if it's a low "windshield washer fluid", or a "get the hell out of this car because it will blow up at this speed" light :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

<< wouldnt know, doesnt touch hondas ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

actually, if you looked a little closer to the picture instead of judging it by just the color of the light... then you will see that there is a little person sitting down on a seat, its just blurry thats alll.... dont judge blurry pictures... instead of being clear, worth 1 milion words, they are worth 2 mililon...

posted by  behind_thewheel

*cough*bullshit*cough* dude, there is no way you could possibly discern that from the image.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Actually, I see what behind_thewheel sees also. It looks like a person sitting with a belt going across.

posted by  theman352001

From all the Honda's I've driven, the seatbelt light is on the right and the brake light is on the left side of the instrument panel. Doesn't change the fact that it was reckless to be going that fast and even more so to not be wearing a seatbelt.

posted by  hondaman

Cliffy, that is the seatbelt light. The E-brake light is on the left right next to it. -Cera

Jeff!!! :oops:

You have to remember this is New Orleans. If you drive slow then your ass will get run over.

why were you in new orleans then?... just to gawk?...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well the orginal story is, I was searching for a DVD at blockbuster. They didn't have it here so we drove to Slidell to try and find it. On the way to Slidell there's a sign that says TWINSPAN CLOSED, but on that day it was open. I was like "Look its OPEN!! Let's go to downtown New Orleans!" I wanted to see for myself what the images on TV were like. I almost cried in the car.

so to make a long story shot - to gawk.

posted by  dodgerforlife

sure...

you said it yourself.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I know. Thats what I said

Thats sad.

posted by  Pythias

Why is everyone post-whoring...I choose not to partake in this activity, which harms the forum :laughing: :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

no, what were trying to prove is that reckless endangerment is stupid, then toss on the fact that they went to NO just to gawk...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hurricane Survival Kit

Toilet Paper..................................check

Mustard.......................................check

Bud Light.....................................check

Keystone Ice................................check

Budweiser....................................check

Red Dog.......................................check

Misc. other bottles of alcohol..........check

Piece of plywood to float your chick and booze on...check

Next time let's all be more prepared.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/bbbirk/ShowLetter.jpg

posted by  adamc44

ahhhh adam i think thats a door - hes high class!

posted by  dodgerforlife

So what? Have you went sideways in a car going at 80 mph? With no grip on any tire? The car is literally 45 freaking degrees. It was a 349hp Nissan 240sx with a SR20, the tires are squaealing away. It was adrenaline rushing, you may say 80mph only? But i doubt you have the balls to purposely make all 4 tires lose grip going at 80mph. And you know what? I did this with a helmet, airbags and a 5point harness. It was still exhilirating even though i had the safety precautions.

You think just because you can drive 185 in a porsche without a helmet that you are a great driver? Well, ive got news for you, you don't even deserve to be called a decent driver. Good drivers don't endager their passengers, good drivers don't endanger themselves and innocent bystanders, your not a good driver. You may think words of a loser? I just say bring it, i will outdrive you any day with more style and much faster, also doing so without endangering the little kid sitting on the bench eating his ice cream cone or the old lady crossing the street.

Even though i don't like you, and by what you have said so far;i really don't like you, i still don't want to hear about some adrenaline seeking desperate little dumbass getting his head splattered all over the pavement because he thinks seatbelts are for wussies.

posted by  aerith

HUAH!

posted by  dodgerforlife

lol. Sometimes it takes me an essay to express an important point. lol. :orglaugh:

posted by  aerith

well u know what. I really don't care what any of you think about me. she was wearing her seatbelt. I wasn't. who cares. and yes i'm a good driver. if u ever want to try and prove that your better than me than come your ass over here and try it. But i highly doubt u can.The only reason i said anything about going thtat fast is because you dumbasses flipped out for my doing 105. WOW THAS'S FAST.

No, we didn't flip out at doing 105. I did that this weekend. We flipped out for doing 105 without a seatbelt. Its completely different, doing 105 is already way above the speed limit, but hey we all want some adrenaline rushing through our arteries. We all go over the speed limit, sometimes its just 10 miles above in medium traffic, sometimes its 40-50 miles above on an empty highway. But going at any speed without a seatbelt is just plain moronic. It saves your life. You may say its just a gimmick, but i have relatives that were saved by seatbelts.

posted by  aerith

And you my man, can kiss my ASS. really i don't care what you think. You need to keep your canadian ass out of my business.

He's just trying to care for his friend.

And what does being Canadian have anything to do with this?

It's Americans like you that give the rest of the nice americans on this forum a bad name. You think calling us Canadians is offensive? I'm sorry for growing up in a cleaner nicer enviroment, i'm sorry for being better educated, i'm sorry if my country is not fat, i'm sorry if my country doesnt sell guns at every wal-mart, and i'm sorry that every other country out there loves us Canadians. Why don't you kiss our ass, and our resources good bye then if you hate us Canadians. Stop eating your beef, stop using wood, stop using gas, we'll take our business to China and you can live in your resource depleted land.

Im just saying this to spite him, no offence to other americans.

posted by  aerith

Tell Cera to not talk about what you two do then.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Not just beef, wood and gas - fresh water, power for the east and west coast, uranium for their nuclear reactors, potash, grain, jet fuel for your armies.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah, i just didnt want to name things that this guy probaly hasnt heard of.

posted by  aerith

We flipped because you didn't have a seatbelt on, and you were third-laning it.

Also, to quote Cera:

"On the way back Jeromy decides to play with some black people in an old car. Them bitches were chasing after us."

"Try going 105 mph on the interstate and passing a truck in the emergency lane. I thought we were going to crash. He scared the living shit out of me when he did that coming home from downtown NOLA last night"

Why not slow down, and put your seatbelt on? Your driving "skills" obviously did not impress her. Hell, they scared her, shouldn't that be a ****ing hint?

posted by  dodgerforlife

sadly enough, probably true.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Cera....I suggest you keep your Boyfriend on a tight leash....as he'll get your account a ban eventually :thumbs:

As for that picture...I looked closely...and to me it looks like a circle with two sorta semi-circles round the edge...kinda like a brake drum, wich is kinda like a brake warning light, but as you say, it isn't....so I'm obviously wrong :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

U aint gotta post that shit for everyone to see

Yes sir -Cera

hey now don't give away our secrets, they might try to invade, but i agree ive met some great americans....and the few really give you guys a bad name.....please dont kill me :mrgreen:how bout that one girl that was on some news tv station going off about how canadians are lucky america even lets them live on the same continent? i saw it months back but still makes me wanna vomit in my own mouth...shes the kind of person that gives america a bad name, im really not a mean person but she woulda got curbed after the show if i was there, it would only be deserving. its okay she'll die of some horrible disease...KARMA IS A BITCH

Well, shes a ignorant whore. The US don't let us live here, they have no choice. They tried to invade us early, thats the reason they bought Alaska, coming from two different directions. But, the british troops stationed here were too strong. The Canadian troops pushed back the American troops past the American border, past Washington DC. We burned their first white house down, the one you see on TV now is the second one, built to look similiar to the first. And the US can't invade us now, even though the UK is their bitch, Canada has too many good relations with other world powers like China, and France. If the US attacks, it gives the rest of the countries on this earth a excuse to attack the States, and believe you me; China is looking for any little reason to attack, its not only China either, 60-80% of the world don't like the States. Not americans like the citizens, but the american government and the way it does things internationally.

But, i doubt that will ever happen, Canada and US needs each other to survive. 50% of our exports go to the states. Even though in the next 5 years or so 10-20 of that 50 % will start to go to China instead, since the American/Canadian trade relationship has turned sour with the softwood lumber fiasco.

posted by  aerith

good ol war of 1812 - the white house only became the whitehouse after we burnt it and you guys whitewashed it....lmao!

chretien spent like the last term of his strengthening trade with china :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Is that really true?

I'm going to agree with Aereth on this one. Oh, and considering I've been driving race cars for 27 years, and been an SCCA driving insutuctor, with trophies to prove it, yes, I think I can say I'm a better driver than you. To be honest, you were being reckless and stupid going that fast with no training, endangering hre life and teh lives of those around you.

Grow up.

Oh, and seatbelts aren't ony for protection in a crash, they keep you located positively in your seat for high speed and high G maneuvers, so you remain in control. I've seen unbelted drivers lose control of the car simply by falling out of the seat while going around a corner...

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah, the British burned it. It was rebuilt, but most of it was gutted and renovated back in Truman's day, anyhow. BUT, it was white painted stone right from the start, and the public had started calling it the White House by 1810. It is important to point out that the White House was always painted white as early as 1798 (two years before it was completed), and the repainting from the fire damage did not originate the term "White House" as a popular urban legend claims it did.

posted by  ChrisV

You know way too little to start throwing numbers around and laying blame.

posted by  ChrisV

Wow, you're a SCCA driving instructor? Now, i know who to go to if i ever have drving issues. lol

posted by  aerith

Ok everyone. From where we live to downtown NOLA, it is a straight shot. Few tiny curves but that's it. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt and he was driving fast, but when I saw him go 105 I asked him to slow down a few moments later. He did indeed slow down to 85. He is a safe driver. He does what's asked of him.

Give it up little girl. My dog does what's asked of him, but I wouldn't let him drive me down to my mailbox. :roll:

The problem here is twofold. First, you are either ignorant or stupid (your choice) enough to engage in this dangerous behaviour. Not only dangerous to yourself, but dangerous to those around you.

The second problem comes when you attempt to justify your actions. That's where the stupidity and imaturity kicks in. I only hope that you and your "safe driver" boyfriend are never within my grasp to rectify the situation.

posted by  vwhobo

You said he "never" wears his seatblet and your'e starting not to, as well. Bad idea for teh reasons I mentioned. The fact he tends to drive fast, and you kind of want to reinforced how bad an idea not wearing the seatbelt is. Without the seatbelt, you are using the steering wheel not to steer, but to support yourself, even going around street corners (don't tell me you don't have those down there...).

Listen, don't justify your actions. Learn from them, and learn from those of use with much more experience than you OR your boyfriend.

posted by  ChrisV

I have a lot of friends who street race. Ive heard a lot of them talk about how they almost get into an accident; they make it sound like bragging. In Vancouver, there are alot of people who street race and overestimate themselves and then wrap their car around a pole or have it flip and roll down a block. Thankfully, none of my friends have been in an accident, but if they keep on street racing; they probaly will eventually fatal or not. I'm just trying to make a point; if you want to drive fast, save it for the track, or go on a back road where its empty, then you won't be able to harm anyone. And always wear your seatbelt; life is too precious to waste just because you think seatbelts are for wussies, or because you just feel like you want to go fast.

posted by  aerith

What do you mean he's using the steering wheel to support himself?

The more you type, the more obvious it becomes that you are entirely without a clue. Please stop and desist before we all start losing IQ points.

posted by  vwhobo

Well no shit. Now I asked a simple question and I'd like for it to be explained.

I don't know if anyone here has the ability to explain it to you if you can't figure it out on your own... It's that simple. Maybe you should go spend some time on www.cluelesslittlegirls.com . :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

well, i'll take a stab at explaining it...being that it's simple physics.

When you take a corner at higher speeds, you can feel yourself moving one way or the other, and if the movement is sharp enough, then the seatbelt lock should engage, holding you in place. If that is not there, then you only have one thing to stop you from being crushed against the door, or sitting in the passengers lap - and that's to grip the steering wheel, which would cause issues with your driving.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Thank you Jeff

Basically. As G forces move you around in your seat, it's your arms that are holding you in place (unless you can clench your buttcheeks enough to hold on to the fabric of the seat). So while trying to steer and stay in control of the car, you are using your arm strength to keep you upright in front of the steering wheel, and that plays hell with your ability to react and control.

Let me guess, Cera's boyfriend tends to sit more upright when going fast and almost hunches over the steering wheel so that he doesn't have to hold on with both hands? How does he hold his hands?

As an aside, I know a guy who drove into a tree, and launched through the windsheild because as he was going around a corner fast, he slid to the passenger side of the car, where there are no steering wheels or brakes...

posted by  ChrisV

I cant really explain it. He uses one hand only. He rests his wrist on the top of the steering wheel and using his finger to grip the bottom. He sits kinda relaxed with the seat back.

I have an 8 second clip of him driving fast down a back road. I'll upload it tonight on the faster comp and you can see yourself.

Say, he is a good driver. Why didn't you explain that earlier.

posted by  vwhobo

That was my second guess. How much control YOU think he has with his WRIST and a finger? And he says he's a good driver. Sorry, but gotta call BS on that one.A hand directly at the top or directly at the bottom is a hand NOT in control of teh steering wheel. Hands should be even at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock, or slightly lower, thumbs pointing upwards on the face of the rim (not hooked over the spokes). Wrist over the top is dangerous poseur driving, period.

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_images/steering1.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

I dont think I've ever seen Jeromy drive like that.

That's because he "thinks" he's a good driver because he hasn't killed anyone yet.

posted by  ChrisV

Hey buddy! WTF gives you the right to be so judgemental? He's a good driver and he does what he's told to. I know because a 16 year old girl said so. On top of that he has probably TWO YEARS driving experience, maybe three. He won't crash because the road is almost straight. What are you thinking?

I suggest you just mind your own business and let the concept of death by stupidity take over, you know, natural selection. The world will be a better place. Just imagine what will happen if they're allowed to breed.

posted by  vwhobo

lol! Good point, Hobo! BTW, nice udders... ;)

posted by  ChrisV

heh, i rarely drive with my hands at 9/3 or 10/2 - but i never drive with just one finger - generally its always one hand, two hands depending on the road/conditions. but its still not the preferred method, i just cant find it comfortable, usually i have one at like 4, and one at 10...works for me. im not claiming to be a "safe" driver, but im hella safer then some people i know...

posted by  dodgerforlife

I normally have one hand at 9'o clock and one hand on the shifter at lower speeds, and both hands on the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock to ensure stability at higher speeds. And always remember to check mirror/chair/steering wheel positions, and to buckle up of course. Of those things i only do one; buckle up, the rest is done automatically. haha. I'm a lazy ass, one of the reasons the TL was the better choice over the G35.

posted by  aerith

LMFAO :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  Pythias

16 eh?

Well... judging by your choice of a retarded bf.... being off by at least 10 degrees about the temperature in your state (which is a decent exagerration)...Triple posting... mhmmm yeah prolly right around 16.... :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

First off he's not my bf, secondly this might come as a shocker but I dont even live there, thirdly **** off.

Oh my bad hes just your f*ck buddy, and of course you don't live there my bad, I forgot you just went there to Gawk, and lastly same to ya :fu: :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

:eek:

laying blame eh? if i could get any other answer as to whos fault it would be i would be happy to listen....honestly though you may be right i do not know enough....but i do know that breaking trade laws....DEA invasion and complete dissrespect for our country becomes a matter of my own personal safety, i do feel threatened by many things these days, and it aint terrorists. really chris i know your a very intelligent guy, and i wasnt just throwing numbers down those are your own countries facts, if you truly believe that bush is a great leader so be it..... i am 100% finished with the topic have a great day

What??

Chris Im uploading that clip for you now.. Give me a few mins.

http://media.putfile.com/JeromysDrive

ok try that

Wow whys everyone so damn harsh

posted by  99integra

because it's truth?

posted by  dodgerforlife

Dude truth doesn't HAVE to be presented so harshly, its not like you are trying to smack it into her

posted by  99integra

:laughing:

Lol.... smack it into her... thats funny..

posted by  Pythias

I've never been known for candycoating the truth. Ask any supervisor I've worked for.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Exactly.

posted by  Pythias

Now that you saw his video. Is he still a bad driver?

Affirmative!

posted by  vwhobo

I agree, look at where his hand is on the steering wheel. Oh a deer comes out of the woods and onto the side of the road, and then he swerves out of the way with his.....wrist? And of course, the lack of seatbelt that we were talking about. The head rest is not adjusted properly, if something does happen; the whiplash will break his neck, since his head will be hitting nothing, his neck takes all the G-forces. But wait, he doesn't need to adjust the head rest, he isnt wearing a seatbelt, his head will never even touch the headrest, it would be on the windshield, on the steering wheel, or on the cement through the windshield.

posted by  aerith

1. Exactly, chances are he doesn't have the reaction time of a Nascar driver so he isn't going to pull his hand back quick enough to grab ahold on the steering wheel.

2. Seatbelt, or there lack of... and I would be willing to bet his head would be splattered across those places you mentioned above. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

Oh gosh that's horrible.

The way he drives is like every boy racer in England with the arm over the wheel. That doesn't bother me but going over 100mph without seatbelts does. 2 people died in a car crash near my village this summer because they didn't wear seatbelts and lost control and hit a tree. The other 2 passengers who wore seatbelts survived and has fully recovered.

The only racing driver which steers with 1 hand I know is Juichi Wakasaka.

posted by  fudge

That's so sad :(

YOu were throwing nunbers aro0und to "supprt" your making retarded statments about Bush being at fault fo those numb ers, You don't even know what those numbers mean. or how they got there. You just make assumptions.

posted by  ChrisV

Definitely.

posted by  ChrisV

Yes it is, which is exactly why you should have a seatbelt on everytime your in the car, and not let him drive like a retard. :2cents:

Exactly.

posted by  Pythias

All these are very elaborate scenarios. Even at 30, 40 mph, all it takes is your head hitting the steering wheel after your head gets jerked forward at a bad stop. Your skull could be cracked instantly.

This came up when a buddy of mine was asking a former cop what he thought about compulsory seat belts being the law. The cop said he'd seen so many senseless deaths as a result of not wearing seat belts (or hemlets, for bike riders) and in many situations the person was not even speeding. At lower speeds in a vehicle, the impact may not be high enough to cause the airbag to deploy, and at much higher speeds if the whole car gets crushed in a collision the airbags won't matter, anyway.

It's one thing to get run into by a drunk driver, but don't gamble your life away because you chose to get into the car with some idiot.

posted by  JaneiR36

Your Message