Car Subs

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Car Subs

hi i was wondering if you could use cerwin vega car subs for u home stereo system with your radio amp?? will it work or will i blow something plz help???

posted by  nick27

It will work....as long as you know how to wire it. How do you think they do it at best buy or tweeter? :screwy:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

It technically should work. If you're using them in an existing home speaker box, I would probably try to match the Impedence of the new speakers with the old speakers (probably 2 Ohm, 4 Ohm, or 8 Ohm). If it's a new setup, hook those bad boys up and see what happens. I'd turn it up slowly though.

Actually, I just realized I'm sitting right next to a sealed sub box with 3 10" MTX Thunder 6000 Series subs in it. If it weren't so late I'd hook it up to my home stereo system and see what happens. I'll post back tomorrow with my findings.

posted by  Bino

are they replacement subs for a speaker, or are they going to be standalone? are they going to get full range input, or low level input? what is your amplifiers resistance, and what is the subs resistance?

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message