Being Female

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Being Female

Being female has its advantages. I just got back from riding in a car with TURBO! That was ****ing fast as hell. I'll get a video clip of it tomorrow on the blvd with me driving it. Has anyone here ever driven a turbo car?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

i drove a 1979 SAAB 99 Turbo waaaay back in the day. no power steering, 4 banger with a garret T3 turbo, and a 4-speed manual. THAT was some fun shit :smoke:

posted by  enron fever

ya u do know that a lot of cars have turbos right? Especially with so much after market stuff for sale. Anyway i drove an Eclipse GST

posted by  V-Tec

My daily driver is a mildly modded Eclipse GSX (turbo, AWD). Yeah, the first time I rode in a car with a turbo I was hooked... now we can add another to the crowd :thumbs: .

posted by  Bino

Yes I've owned turbocharged cars, no big deal.

If you like that sought of thing then this ute (http://www.victorbray.com/newsite/Cars/carsbensburnout.php) is for you.

posted by  Wally

Am I the only one who noticed that yesterday her entire world was crashing down due to the situation with her sister and now it's all forgotten and she's yapping about driving a car. What a transparent, self-centered little drama queen. The worst part is she never even bothered to say thanks to the many people who tried to help or at least support her. Now you know where the term ignorant bitch comes from. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  enron fever

I'm sorry for being such a bitch and trying to have a good time with some new friends while trying to get by the fact that my sister ruined her life, i lost my highpoint reign for 2005, I cant get in touch with Jeromy, and the fact that Brandon is an ass to me. sheesh.. but I really do appreicate your replies in the other thread. Thank you. I will show my Mom those links.

Women multitaks. They can be crying about one thing, doing something else, and discussiing a third thing on teh phone with a friend.

But since it's not the same thread, I'd say it's no differnt han talking about loving VWs in one thread, taling about Hondas in another, and talking about road racing in a third.

Or saying how much my brother was an idiot for having an affair with a 15 year old girl and going to jail for a year, and in another thread saying how much fun F1 Boston was. I realize that some guys can only think/do/feel one thing at a time and have to completely let that one thing run it's course before moving on to others, but that's not always the case.

posted by  ChrisV

I don't disagree with any of that, but... Not at least saying thanks is extremely rude. It has nothing to do with being female, it has to do with being part of the human race.

posted by  vwhobo

women multitask? what fictional novels are you guys reading?

posted by  Inygknok

:eek: That's messed up lol

So you've never seen a woman on the phone, cooking a complex dinner, dealing with 3 kids all at the same time?

posted by  ChrisV

BAck to topic...

I've owned turbo cars, driven turbo cars, raced in turbo cars, and ridden in exotic turbo cars. And I didn't have to be a woman to do it. Not sure how being a female was an advantage for you...

posted by  ChrisV

she probably doesnt really have that many friends.... or just not that many with turbo vehicles...

in fact, i dont even think there is any difference wether you're a woman or a man and a FRIEND gives you a ride. that would be one jackass of a friend if he didnt offer ya a ride at least once in his/her lifetime.

the day ST gets a ride from a total stranger cuz she showed him some cleavage, then THAT would have been taking advantage of sexuality, though us guys do have our own tricks too.

posted by  Inygknok

Never driven one, nor ridden in one, but god willing, I sure as hell will own a couple in a few years...

But it is true...girls can get stuff easier than guys, as long as they know how to flirt with guys...for example:

Back in September we had a fund raising thing, and everyone in my English class participated--partly because we'd get bonus marks, and he threatened to beat us with a bat :laughing:--I went out every day for a week, and went to about 50 houses a day...out of those, only about 5 gave me money, and only a toonie [$2 for you yanks :laughing:] and I brought in $35 and some crack change, with $25 coming from my own pocket :doh: ...
Where one (hot) girl in my class raised upwards of $400 :doh:...By going to about 20 houses a day, and many people giving her f*cking 20 dollar bills :banghead:...

posted by  chris_knows

I cant say that Ive ever driven a car with a turbo....yet. But I did get to drive a 1995 Eagle Talon ESi w/ a 5-Speed and it was hella fast too just being stock.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Not all turbo cars are fast. My mom has a 99 audi a4 1.8T and that thing is as slow as a turd. At my past job though I got to drive my coworkers 87 GN and that was a lot of fun. She was running a 12 flat at the time :mrgreen:

posted by  The_Dude

I have owned two turbo vehicles...both we're the same make and model- just 2 years apart. They were both Lotus Esprit V8 Twin Turbos...one white/one red. This is probably one of the fastest cars I have ever owned (with the exception of the current ride)...for under 40K you have a car that'll hit 0-60 in 4.3 and top over 170...and that's if you don't modify...also see the Lotus Elise....

posted by  DiabloSV

Drove a diesel once. That turbo was fast as hell!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message