Powerpoint

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Powerpoint

this is to anyone who knows how to use Powerpoint properly. im trying to make a button that takes u to a different slide. thing is, its a picture of my dog, and i want to make it so when someone clicks it, it changes into another picture (actually, another pic of my dog but with a cute modification).

anyone got any idea wtf i gotta do?

posted by  Inygknok

easiest way would just be to make 2 consecutive slides that look the same except for the pic. Then clicking anywhere would change from one to the other. That is, of course, if you're not too worried about where they have to click.

posted by  windsonian

Yup. Or if you have a photo insert, use the transition effect to bring an element in "on click" using the custom animation controls within that frame.

i.e. place the first image, then place the second on top of that first one. Select it, right click, go to Custom Animation, then select Add Effect. you can then select entrance, speed, type of entrance effect, etc. it shoudl sho up "on click" but you can change that, too.

posted by  ChrisV

Right Click on the picture once it's in your powerpoint presentation. Then click on the Action Settings button. Then under the Action on click menu select hyperlink to: whatever slide you wish. This will, on the click of the image, and the image only, change it to another slide of your choice.

posted by  Bubba

nonono. i get the slide thing just fine. but that picture im clicking on is the one i want to change BEFORE changing to another slide.

ok, i have the slide all set up. on the bottom right theres a tiny picture of my dog with a "click me" thing. so i want it so when the user clicks the little picture, it changes to another picture of him with big toon eyes and his tongue comes out. THEN it goes to the next slide.

posted by  Inygknok

Well, you could use my method, which would keep your pictures on the same slide, or you could use his method that uses an intermediate slide (on that looks identical to the one with your first picture on it, but has the new picture on it instead) before transitioning to the next full slide. It would LOOK like the same slide has the new picture on it, but it would, in fact, be three slides.

these are the limitations of Powerpoint.

posted by  ChrisV

Oh yes, i'm sorry, i misunderstood the problem. In this instance, chrisV's idea would work a lot better. :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

thanks guys. ill try it tomorrow morning since im here in university from 9:30am-1pm free on tuesdays and thursdays.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message