GT4 tourney?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  GT4 tourney?

i got my friend to lend me GT4 again.

i would have joined the first tournament u guys did but he got the game too late. everyone was already finishing the tournament.

how bout we do another one so i can join this time around?

posted by  Inygknok

I got GT4! What tourney??

posted by  Pythias

some of the other members made a little tournament a few months ago. no car could be more than 300hp (not sure if modded was possible), had to use cheap ass tires, no tcs or asm, etc.

posted by  Inygknok

I'm in :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

great! how bout we start on monday so everyone else gets to decide if they wanna join up or not?

posted by  Inygknok

Sounds good, but we defn need all the specifications of it or nto, like stock, or some mods, or no mods. It would be cool to have some being maybe all stock, then some modded but under so much hp without nitrous. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

i'd say all stock and we have like different classes example:

All American
All Japan
All Euro
All

Or maybe not....... anyways it dusnt matter cause this time round im just spectating. need to study for my final exams. they're in 2 weeks and i havent started studying :doh: :banghead: .

posted by  ahoo

hm, how bout wat ahoo said but, one run with the completely stock car and one with a tuned car under 350hp (after being tuned).

posted by  Inygknok

I would be down for that, except that I dont have the interet adapter, cant play online :banghead:

posted by  Voda48

Is this happenin or what?

posted by  Pythias

Im game.

Voda: its done by time trials: not online.

posted by  StiMan

That's what I figured, though I'm not very good at all this Tourney should train me somewhat.

posted by  Pythias

Ya, Im not planing on wining, just getting some practice, besides, I have that awesome wheel to play with! Lol. :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

:evil: screw you I don't have the wheel. :cry:

posted by  Pythias

Oh I am soo down for this. How bout the orginal creator of the tread pick the first race, and the specifications to qualify, IE CAR TYPE< HP< WHAT MODS.... and form there on we will have a weekly/monthy thing where someone else pcis the course and mods....

posted by  Voda48

Lol, it doesnt matter.

Voda: Sounds good to me. I have just one rule that I wanna put out/ or we should think about: how about production cars only; IE: no race/ dream/ prototype/ rally etc cars. If we did that Id be fine with no HP/ tune rules. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Isn't BMW Bevarian motor Vehicles? If so why is it now under Britain instead of Bevarian in GT4?

posted by  Pythias

Umm... BMW (Bavarian Motor Works) is under Germany in GT4.

posted by  StiMan

I'm Game...

Tho I dont exactly understand how it works.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

yup.... so by the process of starting the thread, Inygknok, (don't know your first name) you would be up for selecting the first map.

We should still work on setting the rules. I like the no rally cars, dream... (too bad that takes out my Caddie Cien :doh: )

How About:

1) Production cars
2) Under 1000 hp
3) Manual adjustments incouraged (sp?)
4) Tires = racing

The only problem is going to be proving times. I think that we can all go on the honor system, but take a pic of your best time if it beats the track record thus far... Jsut some ideas :2cents:

posted by  Voda48

What you do is take your car that you want (I dont know what rules we will have on those) and then a specific race/ course will be told for this month's competition, then you take your car and race the track as much as you want recording your lap times. Then (the night before the contest ends) everyone will PM their best times to a certain person (this way no one will know the times so cant edit thier times to win) and the next day the person will post the times ranked on a thread in Off Topic and the next months competition will begin. Understand? :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Sounds good to me, I dont even think I have any production cars over 1000 hp....

posted by  StiMan

I do... he he he :wink2:

Ok I understand now, but we need someone not biased and not in the tourney. Thx :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I think that the person who chooses the race (because they may choose a race that they are good at) does the times and doesnt participate.

posted by  StiMan

I'm down with this.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Then lets get things going here :thumbs: We could also restrict the car types to certain coutries and or manufactuers for certain races as well. OH that is a good idea.

posted by  Voda48

I dunno, I kinda like the openness to it. This way everyone could have different cars. I have no clue what I might choose... hmm... the MNP R34, the STi Spec C, perhaps something FR... hmmm.. golly... hmm... :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

How bout we have a stock class and a anything goes class.

posted by  x1/9-rally

damn u bastards. i took apart my ps2 to change it to a red/black combo this weekend!!!

i wont be able to play until like wednesday :banghead:

posted by  Inygknok

Thats fine with me, I cant do anything till Friday afternoon because of hw (it will be the same every school week).

So wait, what are you doing to the PS2? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

I can wait. First I need to find a working controler and then the game. :banghead:

I have no idea what car to use. I havent played in so long.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

That might help. Lol. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Hmmm... I think my friend has my controller and the game is with my PS2. The game is his I dont even own it.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

If we do this tourny right, we'll do it for like 6 races (or however many people are in it to do the person chooses then is out for the race, so everyone does it once to get even points) about once a week/ month/ etc, it maybe a good idea to buy it or get it from your friend for a while.

posted by  StiMan

Oh I have it now. The game was too hard for him :wink2:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Lol, how far are you? % wise.

posted by  StiMan

Hmm.... Not sure I think it is more than 50. I got stuck so I stopped playing it. :laughing:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Ya, I stopped cuz I was kinda bored/ no time/ kinda stuck... I'm at like 55%.

posted by  StiMan

I may be farther b/c I would set up one of the endurance races on bspec and just leave. :laughing:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

lol I am only at 25%, not enough time. I ahd mentioned the maan. as an idea, say we choose Mitsu., So that leaves a lot of room open for car selection.

posted by  Voda48

I kinda thought it would be cool to have cars from all across the board.

posted by  StiMan

But why isn't it under Bavarian... only one company is, I thought BMW would be as well.

posted by  Pythias

Whats the other company?

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I think Gillet... though i jsut got off another 12 hour double from working adn don't feel like even turnin on my Ps2 to check... :sleep:

posted by  Pythias

Gillet is Australian.

Audi, BMW, MB, VW, etc are all under German, there is no Bavarian catagory.

posted by  StiMan

WOW I been looking at Belgium, this is nuts maybe this work is affecting me in more ways than one. Sorry guys' and Stiman, seems I'm goin crazy. :banghead: :cry:

posted by  Pythias

I jsut thought that for one race we could all have the same car/manu. That would be fun like once...twice... but yeah I would rather hav it all open.

posted by  Voda48

Lol, np man. I knew something must have been wrong.

Voda: Ya, I guess that would be cool. We just would have to do it with companies with lots of cars (Nissan, Honda, Mitsu, Subaru, etc).

posted by  StiMan

I knew it! Messing with my head like that :banghead:

Nissan and Subaru would be my choices :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

i painted it to a sort of dark red color. looks like a light blood red and i left the stripes in normal black. then i gave it a coat of gloss.

posted by  Inygknok

Why would you need to paint the PS2?

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

why not?

got tired of the black so i changed it to red. dont need a reason to do so other than i got sick of black in my room. plus, better than painting it pink like my gf wanted it.

i didnt NEED to, i just wanted to and felt like it.

posted by  Inygknok

Uh huh ok.... :screwy:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

That was a stupid and sense-less comment.

posted by  Pythias

Ok maybe it was :laughing:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Ok, well then Post some pics, I wanna see what I painted PS2 looks like. Lol. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

right at this moment i have the pics right next to me in a damn digicamn thats so old that my neighbor's universal USB cable didnt fit in it (so much for universal....).

im waiting for my friend that lent me the camera to arrive to the classroom but he's already 23 minutes late. if he doesnt get here in 15 more minutes, ill just go home and use my neighbor's newer camera and upload the pics tomorrow if i get the chance.

posted by  Inygknok

Ok i decided to re-open this thread with a fresh idea (well not really i copied it from another forum) It's not a tourney but more of a Hall Of Fame. We just keep a list and we constantly add on the fastest times. Let this explain: We choose 3
tracks and then we do this:

EXAMPLE 1: Trial Mountain (cars max tuned at 390-400 [5hp + or -] sports medium but no weight reduction and no nitrous and then there is another table for race cars like the RE Amemiya RX7 and the Merc GTR Race Car etc etc)

Japan:

Europe:

America:

and then there is another list for race cars alone and stock cars with the exception of changing the oil. Just like last time we have to get someone who is online most of the time so we can pm them the times. :thumbs: now think........................quickly

posted by  ahoo

Sounds good but I dont like the whole stock car/ road tires/ etc.

posted by  StiMan

ok ill change it
There changed

posted by  ahoo

Ok.....so right now I have the computer raxcing for me in the Endurance events. I must say I likle it so far, 90+ laps takes a long ass time. Anyways, d oyou think it is cheating????

Besides that, lets get this rolling.

Lets do what ahoo suggestetd, Trial mtn we'll start with, cept I dont like the whole HP limit, plus most of my "good" cars I have weight reduction on :banghead: Let me know what you think

posted by  Voda48

i wouldnt think it's cheating. i do it all the time (in the endurance events anyway).

ok heres my quick try.

Trial Mountain

Toyota AE86 Trueno - 128hp

1.36:061

i'm posting that as a benchmark for everyone (even thought it sucks balls i dont care :mrgreen: )

posted by  ahoo

I agree :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

ok ok ok. i mean ive got to admit we are atleast all past 25% so can't you just do the second race in the special condition races and build a new car. im raising the hp limit to 400 BHP and that's all that is going to be changed or unless someone wants to take over and well just completely scrap my idea

posted by  ahoo

Your Message