Driving Music.......

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Driving Music.......

Just curious as to what types of music/bands/artists people listen to while driving...not just cruising around town...I mean driving! I'm talking mountain roads at twice the posted speed limit- how about going 140 in a 55MPH zone, or just letting the car open up on a long stretch of highway -(not that I have ever done any of these things :wink2: )

Here are a few of my favorite discs. They just seem to match the essence of my driving experience....

1) Disturbed
2) Korn
3) Fear Factory
4) Slipknot
5) ?

and a few others.....

Sound off=

posted by  DiabloSV

Crystal Method-Busy Child or Keep Hope Alive
Paul Oakenfold-Ready Steady Go
Disturbed-Guarded and the previous album
Slipknot-The cd Iowa
Nina Sky-Move Ya Body Girl

I got a couple more I just can't think of now

EDIT: Lets just say techo is my favorite for that driving

posted by  99integra

SYSTEM OF A DOWN. something about the balance of good lyrics, good rythm and then complete and utter freak out sure gets to me. :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Insane Clown Posse, Korn, Slipknot, Cypress Hill, T-Rock, Metallica, DMX, Raptile, Ludacris, D12, and Dr. Dre, along with some others, but you get the type.

And one song which I'm not sure how I got, and I'm not sure what it's called, but I have it as "When We Ride" by "Kenway Sosa" on my iTunes, but I can't find anything on it over the internet...a quote from the song is in my sig if anyone cares...

posted by  chris_knows

Gotta love T-Rock and ICP, but those are mostly just cruisin tunes

posted by  99integra

spineshank, disturbed, system of a down, rammstein. slipknot, rumsfield, godsmack.

and at other times, country :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

My favorite driving music is the mechanical harmony of the engine building it's revs to a shift.

posted by  hondaman

Just thought of another : Soundgarden - Ultra Mega OK

(Bad MotorFInger would work too!)

posted by  DiabloSV

Godsmack...that explains the " ? " in my first post ( i knew I was missing one)

posted by  DiabloSV

how about a classic....

golden earring - radar love
:driving:

posted by  dodgerforlife

hahha! if you like slipknot and godsmack, i definitely recommened rumsfield...

posted by  dodgerforlife

I guess ICP isn't really a hard driving type of band, but T-Rock is pretty good...I guess the topic is debatable(sp?)

Also forgot Chincheck.

posted by  chris_knows

Gotta love those crazy Aussies :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Some old school fits...but only sometimes...now everytime I hear Led Zepplen "ROCK and ROll" I think of old men driving Cadillacs at 3 miles over the posted minimum thanks to that damn commercial!

And Dodgerforlife...rumsfield? Haven't heard that one....

posted by  DiabloSV

little bit older, but awesome :)

definitely recommend the song "Blister"

posted by  dodgerforlife

Violent Femmes is pimp too

posted by  99integra

Haha, I got steven started on T-rock now chris is on it too. I got all 5 cd's. :laughing: I ride with frayser boy, thee six mafia, T-rock, pastor troy, lil wyte, and lots of other underground stuff.

posted by  torinoman80

three six mafia and pastor troy arent underground...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Not anymore. I have almost 15 three six mafia Cd's, from underground to fame. And I know pastor troy isn't underground. Where in my post did I say all of that was underground; I believe I said "and lots of other underground stuff." :banghead:

posted by  torinoman80

yeaaaaaaaaah well, whatever. lmao

posted by  dodgerforlife

what about any Jane's Addiction...? Got to have a fair amount of hand for that special moment...

posted by  DiabloSV

Been Caught Stealin is the only good one

posted by  99integra

what about any Jane's Addiction...? Got to have a fair amount of that on hand for that special moment...

posted by  DiabloSV

had to edit that last post...didn't quite sound right....

No man you have try Stop and also try some of the earlier albums

posted by  DiabloSV

Yea, I'll check em out, always open for more bands

posted by  99integra

Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz, Mike Galager :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

To throw anohter one out there....

Sirius Satellite or XM satellite?

........GO!

posted by  DiabloSV

XM has better quality IMO

posted by  99integra

for long distance driving, i'll usually break out the Ben Folds, Beck or the Beatles (the three B's). for blasting around short distances, i'll usually put on Korn, Rob Zombie, or Powerman 5000.

or if i don't particularly care about what i listen too, i'll just put my ipod onto shuffle mode and just cycle through all 200+ artists and just enjoyin the drivin experience. :smoke:

posted by  enron fever

Micheal Jackson
Rammstein
New Webbie
Britney Remix CD
DSA

posted by  SyntheticTrust

audio slave
a perfect circle
the postal service
the roots
the mars volta
paul oakenfeild
common
edo g & pete rock
franz fernidand
gorillaz
the prodigy
guano apes
gym class heros
hezekiah
jack johnson(hell yes)
kayne west
matisyahu(you know you like him)
system of a down
the killers
rammstein

yeah...i know

posted by  Hostage

Dimmu Borgir - makes any speaker setup bleed in accuracy.
BAss Mekaniks - sefl explanatory.
Any heavy bass hip-hop/urban.
Any good techno that means it has a good bass line).
Rock/pop with good bass.
Jazz with walking bass.

Basically anything with major bass. Although I occasionally test my highs with Sarah McLachlan.

posted by  thunderbird1100

mudvayne, slipknot, disturbed, non-point, sevendust, ill-nino, pantera, shinedown, "the beautiful people" by manson, ozzy, snapcase, old limp bizkit, well you probably get the point by now :mrgreen:

posted by  glagon1979

hm, another one of these... oh well.

Strung Out - anything by them
Disturbed - same thing as above
Goldfinger - Superman, 99 Red Balloons
Gorrillaz - that song that starts off, "the world is moving too fast, i like my nike shoes..."
any Reaggeaton style song (it's puerto rican rap)
Korn - Got the life

posted by  Inygknok

Jeeez, nobody listen to the radio anymore?

95.1 on the way to work

102.9 and 95.1 on the way home from work.

posted by  theman352001

i have different stations from you guys, so i didnt include them.

but, if any of u ever decide to drop by PR, feel free to listen to the Mega Station (106.9 in metro area)!

posted by  Inygknok

I do, but am I the only on here that listens to talk radio?

posted by  jedimario

the mega station does the talks but not all day long. 4 hours in the morning of talking and songs every now and then (for the dj's to take short breaks). then during the mid-day they take requests, and then during the afternoon 2 complete crackheads talk along with the incomming calls while using music for commercials. then at night it gets sexy (or lame when the night-time dj starts doing stupid shit).

posted by  Inygknok

Sometimes. Depends on the subject. My wife is a big talk radio junkie though.

posted by  theman352001

No 99.1 HFS... no radio

You know radio stations are different from city to city right?

Like your 102.9 FM might be rock while mine is christian music.

But yeah I dont listen to music, Baton Rouge stations suck compared to Atlanta stations and the radio has bad quality. Who needs the radio when I have several 300 song MP3 discs?

Do you get B97 in Baton Rouge or is that just New Orleans?

My favorites are;

The Dual 48 Webers - I Gotta Breath Baby

Flowmaster Mondo - I'm So Exhausted

Straight Cut Gears - I Love To Hear You Whine

posted by  vwhobo

I dont know, I only listened to the radio a few times up here, I've been w/o a radio in my Accord for a month now because the ribbon cable in the faceplate failed and the entire unit needs to replaced, probably wont have a radio until winter time.

Atlanta has a new station that's predominantly New/Heavy Rock...105.3 The Buzz...pretty cool compared to a lot of the other monster "Alternative" stations- you actually get bands like Korn, Slipknot, older ALice in Chains stuff, Audio Slave, etc....

It works if that's your thing, alot of the others are so spread out in genre that you can't stand listening to one station for more than a few songs.....

posted by  DiabloSV

I'm not a big Mettalica fan, but ya gotta bust out the "Master of Puppets" when you're flyin. Any Rage Against the Machine will do as well.

posted by  giant016

it's not a new station, it's just 96.7 moved to 105.3. 105.3 used to be spanish music.

You're right...105.7 is the Spanish station now....and it was 96.7..but they needed a MUCH stronger signal...is that why they moved?

posted by  DiabloSV

Am I the only one that would rather just listen to the engine? :2cents:

posted by  hondaman

Read my post above.

posted by  vwhobo

When you've spent $2500+ on a stereo setup in your car you tend to listen to what's more expensive :thumbs:

makes sense....

posted by  DiabloSV

I perfer smooth jazz or classical instrumental, or anything without lyrics when i'm driving. Helps me relax. :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

So you're telling us that you have an expensive stereo system in a POS car? :clap:

posted by  theman352001

The engine is usually a top choice of mine, but if I need to get fired up I gotta have some tunes.

posted by  giant016

Engine is worth maybe $300 with 224k miles on it.

But yeah, the best sounding/loudest car stereos on the planet are usually found in a broken up old ass van or a 15-20 year old hatchback. Something you dont mind rattling apart. But I'd hardly call my Accord a POS since its never had a problem in 16 years nad has 224k miles on it. Does it's point A to point B job very well and better than most cars because my stereo setup will leave most people in tears, tears of joy that is.

whats with all that ugly ass headbanger, ranging, extremely heavy metal, bullshit, HARDCORE, metal rock crap... listen to rap u fools, ludacris... TI, MIKE JONES, yukmouth, keak da sneak... cmon now, enough of that screaming crap

posted by  Stem

I listen to everything but rap and hip hop have the best flow and beat

posted by  99integra

your an idiot to start a fight with thunder.... hes sound system owns... can u say 15" DD?

posted by  Stem

Mike Jones Mike Jones, Who is Mike Jones? Lol we got a kid in my school named Mike Jones... a dorky white freshman lol everytime someone says his name its repeated all over lol

posted by  Pythias

Some of the hardest songs to play on any speaker setup is metal. Try downloading Dimmu Borgir's stuff. Specifically, Puritania. That song will make any speaker setup bleed. A close second for metal in my book is Fear Factory.

For car audio, yeah, a lot of hard metal will make stereos scream in pain. Unless you drop 400$ + on a pair of speakers(Focal). Although Polk can hold up pretty damned good...which is what I may do as my install, talking to a shop about a Polk sponsorship, as it is a little more rare around my area...

posted by  dodgerforlife

i refuse to download that crap, it will never reach my ears again... if i want to hear screaming i will do it myself, or tell my little sister to...

WAIT A MINUTE... but mike jones says "im mike jones the one and only you cant clone me" i say shrt that white freshman kid, HAHAH nah nah jk

posted by  Stem

You referrin to me?

posted by  99integra

its better than your computer generated beats. metal is one of the hardest forms of music to put together. rap sucks!! id rather listen to country! :mrgreen:

posted by  glagon1979

Mushroomhead, Dope, Disturbed, Guns N' Roses, Corrosion of Conformity, Ill Nino, Jimi Hendrix, Mudvayne, Queen, Slipknot, Stemm, System of a Down, Ludacris, Three 6 Mafia (Im ridin' spinnaz, ridin spinnaz :orglaugh: ), Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, the list could go on forever.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Linkin Park, Disturbed of course, Crossfade. Some fo my top fav's :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

Linkin' Park = Emo

posted by  PontiacFan27

He's referring to a dorky white freshman named Mike Jones that goes to school with pythias. But hey, you are a a match for dorky, white, and a freshman. :orglaugh:

posted by  torinoman80

Huh huh huh shut up

posted by  99integra

You're missing out then (just dont pay attention to the screaming I dont, they actually dont do it much in Dimmu's band). Try, Dream Theater, it sounds almost like 80's power ballad in a sense but is another speaking bleeding band. Overture 1928 sound sREALLY good on a nice system. Hip/Hop and Rap suck for anything but SOME bass. It's usually the only LOUD low bass you can find if you're not into Jazz.

Wtf are u smokin? That same sh*t that makes u think ur puttin out 375 hp? :laughing: :orglaugh:

posted by  Pythias

Crawlin in my skin, these wounds they will not heal. You hurt me with your ignorant words, my friend. I'm gonna go cut now.

posted by  PontiacFan27

This is one of the few times I'll agree with Pontiac, Linkin Park is horrible. It's "My little sunshine" stuff compared to the metal I listen to.

Wow I definitely never knew they were Emo.... :doh:

posted by  Pythias

I think I may have to add one to the list...

Mudvayne...

Heard that yesterday while driving....it works.

posted by  DiabloSV

dream theater is by far, one of the most technical bands on the planet. thier bassist plays a 6 string when most play 4. thier drummer is in my eyes the best drummer EVER. all they need is a new singer. his voice doesnt fit thier sound. :2cents:

posted by  glagon1979

Nina Sky? :laughing: Riiiiight....

Any Slipknot album is a good choice. Doomsday Machine by Arch Enemy is a really good one also that I just picked up recently. There are so many that I could recommend but if you need anymore just ask. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Which song? Was it Forget To Remember?

posted by  SlipKnoT

Obviously you havent seen Joey Jordison on the skins my friend. He makes the drummer from Dream Theater look like a 16 year old kid in a garage band :laughing: There are also far more technical bands out there other than Dream Theater. Take some of the Swedish Melodic Death Metal bands for instance such as Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Soilwork, and Gardenian.

posted by  SlipKnoT

personally i dont like bands like that. i guess thats why i've never heard them. yes, joey is good, but i still think the drummer from DT is better.

posted by  glagon1979

All depends on what you like. Some people think the best drummer is from X band while some from Y band. Just like cars. A matter of mostly opinion.

Slipknot- to be honest I have no idea what song it was...it was on the radio, so whatever the latest song, (radio playlist), is right now.

I liked it ...same feel as a Godsmack or Disturbed...

posted by  DiabloSV

Hey shut the hole, shes pretty good to dance to :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message