Racial Awareness

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Racial Awareness

I’m sorry to quote this old post but it’s a perfect opportunity for me to learn something on a subject where I’m in need of some insight.

I know why that is but what if someone doesn’t know that they’re Mexican? If I saw a German walk past me and I didn’t know that he was German then I’d call him Caucasian.
I'd also like to know what a ‘Spiro’ is meant to be?

On the subject of Caucasians, is the word ‘Cracker’ simply a racist name like ‘Honky’ or is it a name that Black people in particular call Whites, meaning something more along the lines of the stereotype of White people being pompous supremacists?

posted by  snoopewite

Yes, the word "Cracker' is simply racist,doesn't bother me in the least, I rather like saltines. The pompous sumpremacist, in my opinion were,in this century, the Germans. Call me a honky or cracker all day long, won't effect me at all. The only thing that really gets my goat,is, blacks can call each other niggers all day long, and it's like your'e my best friend. I just don't understand :screwy: Why?

posted by  lectroid

I got no idea ma honky http://4you.the-iceman.net/smile/1038.gif

posted by  snoopewite

I'd also like to know what a ‘Spiro’ is meant to be? I kinda missed this :oops: The only thing that I know about a "Spiro"(Agnew) is in the US he was a VP to Pres.Nixon, I think, between 1969-71,72, in that era. I was so full of myself at that time,it's a wonder I remember his name. I don't think he was a straight-up guy. He ended up resighing.

posted by  lectroid

no 1 will ever understand...I guess you can say white people started all the bullshit, but as many know, this hapened sooooo ****ing long ago, ya know.. "the boat ride".. But.. people that try to use racial words are really ****ing morons. weak minded people who have mental issues. Most of the white people i know deny being white and claim to be mexican :laughing: . I dont blame'um :laughing: . jp. It pisses me off in a way because the level of maturaty is soo low its like... "ugh *sMaCk*//grow the **** up". But yeh.. people who use racial profanity are B I T C H E S. :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

African Americans themselves blame the white man for slavery, yet they don't understand that their own race sold them to the white man to begin with.

They are the more racist group of the two, whites and blacks. They think everything negative that happens to them is some form of racism.

A good example is a black and white going to get a job. They are going for an interview as a manager. The black comes in with just a high school diploma, yet the white comes in with experience AND college education. For some reason, the black gets upset that the white got the job over him, and says that it's a form of racism is why he didn't get the job.

Some blacks just amuse me. :banghead:

posted by  Vassar

But in the end its really the slim shady's and the white's who wanna be black that amuse us all visa/versa.

posted by  jzxTT

Some whites, amuse me even more. I have nothing against any race. There's good and bad in all. If anyone has a reason to be a racist, it's the American Indians.They gave up everthing they had for our plight for freedom, and are still treated like crap :2cents: Well, they didn't GIVE it up, we took it away.

posted by  lectroid

*moderators*.. Does anyone besides me see where this is headed? This is a very touchy subject, bottom line the words "nigger" and "cracker" have already been used, someone is going to be ofended. I'd hate to see the use of these words towards another. LOCK IT before this happens. :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

My Grandmother called a spade a spade. A don't think that any type of a racial slur is a good thing.I just don't like being called a cracker or honky because if I called a black guy a spade I would probably get my a s s kicked.
I really mean no offense to any body.

posted by  Vanman5001

While I agree this thread is about useless...the usage of the two words you cite, in context, were not meant to harm but to pose a question or make a point.

Having said that...I will close it because it really serves no real purpose.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Due to further review by video replay, the foul stands.

wait...did you mean to close this Bav?

posted by  SuperJew

It was closed for three days(ish).

Just to info everyone concerned, I answered Snoope's questions via PM while the thread was closed, except... I thought I had heard every name in the book. Someone please enlighten me and tell me what a "Spiro" is.

posted by  vwhobo

Only thing I could think of was Agnew.

posted by  lectroid

Your Message