The 'have a go at Cliffy' thread

Home  \  Off Topic  \  The 'have a go at Cliffy' thread

Ok, it seems like a few....infact, one person here has an ongoing problem with the way I do my job. Seems to think I'm on some kinda power trip?....dunno why, and to be honest I dont really care. Infact, the only reason for this thread is to put an end to this member's childish ways. So, I ask you all, who thinks I do my job as it should be done?

Please use the poll and vent your oppinions here :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I have no complaints. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

dito :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

I think you're doing a fine job :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

I've been waiting for this chance .... :drool:

I hate you!! I've always hated you, and I think you're the worst excuse for a mod that has ever "graced" a forum board.

... sorry, couldn't help myself :laughing: Keep up the good work :thumbs:

posted by  windsonian

Oh Cliffy, please. If you didn't care it wouldn't bother you so much. If you didn't care you wouldn't have started this thread or added a poll. If you didn't care you wouldn't have played the role of the thought police and closed this (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=143753#post143753) thread today.

Face it Cliffy, the only reason you're still a mod is because a long time ago UFF made a mistake and hasn't been around to fix it. Go ahead and whine because you have too many things to do or you're not being treated fairly by the big, bad hobo but over and over I can show you examples of other people who feel the same way about your "leadership. Today is the first time I've seen you go out of your way to do an important part of your job, getting rid of advertising. Who was it who helped you to do that Cliffy? You don't see it because you don't like my methods, but I'm here trying to HELP you not hurt you. Unfortunately you have yourself so convinced that you have the job covered, you would rather argue about delivery than listen to the substance. That's your loss and because of your position the forums loss.

Final thought. When you say at the end to "vent your opinions here", what you really mean is to take sides and tell me what I (you) want to hear.

P.S. You shouldn't just delete single posts from threads because it can change or lose the flow of the conversation. On top of that you need to be mindful of quoted posts. If you're in too much of a hurry you end up leaving the same advertising that you just deleted, like this (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=12191).

posted by  vwhobo

Cliffy you whinging pommy git! Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

posted by  Wally

i hurr he et's bebes...

posted by  enron fever

I believe I already stated my reasoning behind this thread?

And you seem to only be seeing the advertising part of my job. In otherwords, not only do I delete all ads that I find, but I also move threads that are posted in the wrong place, close threads that are getting out of hand, advise members as and when they require it etc etc etc. Also, the only reason I closed the thread you mention above, is because you revived it from months ago.....just to have a pop at me. And while we're on the subject, flaming is against the rules....and that has come from the Boss. So if I edit/Close a thread that contains constant digs at certain members, that's why :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

lol....sorry, as I said....I just want to put an end to this....by way of this thread (however in vain it might be!) :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I havent been here long but so far so good

posted by  V-Tec

Youre the best :thumbs:

posted by  420amodder

hey, cliffy... need any help prying 6000le... errrr i mean 420amodder out of your ass? :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Oh, I didn't know any of that. We didn't do any of those things when I was a mod. Until you take resposibility for your (in)actions, nothing will change. And until you change you will continue to be a crappy moderator.

BTW, you started this stupid thread, how long is it going to take you to close it?

posted by  vwhobo

Gotta love good ol Cliff :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I think you're doing a great job moding the forum through its ups and downs, and keeping a cool head no matter what :thumbs: You also exemplify "leadership by example" so thumbs up all the way!

posted by  JaneiR36

That's funny coming from you because you had a little hissy fit the other day when "I put words in your mouth." Here you are doing the same thing to Cliffy. :screwy:

:EDIT: Almost forgot, Keep up the good word Cliff. :thumbs:

posted by  torinoman80

Personally, i think that Cliffy is doing an excellent job as moderator. Once a forum has gotten as big as this one, it gets quite difficult to remove advert threads and other crap. I wish that you, hobo (and others...), would cut him a little slack and quit bickering when he misses a few. I know you didn't want him appointed as a moderator, but i wish you'd just let it go and be happy.

have you ever had eggs for breakfast..? :ticking:

posted by  Bubba

YOU'RE TERRIBLE.

Just kidding, I have no deal with you.

posted by  PontiacFan27

My bad Cliffy, I take back my vote because I jsut now came upon the sticky thread for advertisements. Your doing a great job :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Cliffy I think you're doing a great job as a mod, don't listen to hobo. Although, advertising got out of hand a little a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, you've done your job well over the time I've been here. :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

NOOOOOOOO! (http://darthno.ytmnd.com/)

actually thats a lie. i had dead bebe chicken for breakfast.

posted by  enron fever

lol ok... just checkin.. :laughing:

posted by  Bubba

all the way to WHERE?!? owwww.... :hi:

posted by  dodger65

Cliffy, for the most part you are doing a fine job as mod. My main issue with you is in your censorship and deletion of threads. This is just plain WRONG!

Yes we have some very abusive members on this forum that would much rather curse at you than take the time to consider your point of view. But even they should be allowed a chance to express themselves. (as it is)

Otherwise, you are handling the rest of your duties well. If you could just refrain from censorship then you would be a great mod. :thumbs:

posted by  theman352001

I respect your oppinion, but could you specify a little bit please? :thumbs:

Thanx guys. I guess this thread has answered my question. As I keep saying, it's the majority that counts as far as the poll goes. So thanx again :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Just ban him cliffy. The only people that mind have their heads so far up his ass they wont know what hit them. :thumbs:

just ban him. :2cents:

and I realize my opinion doesnt matter so much since I stop by every couple of weeks to just generally troll around, not adding anything helpful to any of the threads... much like this one.

posted by  shev

What a dirty old man :laughing:

posted by  99integra

You are doing a great job Cliffy (granted I havent been on here in a month). Hobo, cut him some slack. There are few mods still on CF that do anything, and it needs all the help it can get ad-wise. You are prolly just pissed that you arent a mod anymore. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Really?!? And what exactly do you base that assumption on. Thin air? Unlike some people on this forum, being or not being a moderator doesn't change my outlook on life one single iota. However, that fact that some people are in a position of authority when they shouldn't be is somewhat irksome. Even more so when they aren't fully competent at their job AND make lame excuses to cover for it. Lastly, I wasn't the one who started this thread and poll or asked for sympathetic votes by using loaded statements.

posted by  vwhobo

It was a joke hobo.

Being a mod is not important to many people on here, I know some are infatuated with the idea of being one, but the majority of people are here to learn about cars. Cliffy was granted modship over a year ago, wouldnt you think that if UFF had made a mistake he would have rectified it by now?

We all have problems with mods and call out things, but at the end of the day, hes a mod, and right now theres nothing you, or I, or anyone else on here actively (except for Bav and Satty if they have that power) that can change that.

posted by  StiMan

Thanx, As I stated when I started this thread, the only reason I did so was to put an end to Hobo's winging and with the Poll in place I gathered it would have that effect for example....I'm inclined to take notice of the vast majority rather than just him. I would even consider an individual members point of view if he/she was a valued member of the Forum, and I used to think that Hobo was one...obviously I was mistaken...Thanx again guys :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Welcome to this great country called The United States Of America.

posted by  DodgeRida67

No prob man, dont forget that you are doing a great job. (Thanks for taking care of KKK7 for us)

posted by  StiMan

Sorry for the delay....and No probs regarding KKK, too :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message