altezzas

Home  \  Off Topic  \  altezzas

so i got some tailights for my car cause i think that the pre 97 ones look like shit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=801176 7946&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
What do u think of them. These are diff from every other one on ebay. I didn't see another seller sellin these.

Also, how much do u think i would be able to sell the stock ones for. I know that the post 97 ones go up to 200. Now mine are 96 ( where they aren't all red) and i wanna know if u think i can get like 75 for em. I just wanna bassically break out even.

posted by  V-Tec

anyone?

posted by  V-Tec

I like that carbon fiber look, i'd hit it :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Keep the stock ones for backup.

posted by  420amodder

Wow. IMO they are very nice. I was looking for some altezza's for my car, and they all look like crap so you're lucky you could find these. :mrgreen:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I guess it's too late now, but there will most likely be more...they look pretty nice, it's up to you though...not sure if you could get $75 for them, but I don't really know how much they go for...

posted by  chris_knows

lol that was nice i say "anyone" then go to the bathroom come back and see like 4 replies :clap:

posted by  V-Tec

You know, it's a crappy trend to call ANY taillights under plexigalss "Altezza" lights. Altezzas were chrome housings with a big round light. At that, they were similar to teh earlier Lexus RX300, and to be honest, not THAT much different than any number of '50s and '60s domestic and foreign taillights in a chrome housing. My '73 Mazda RX3 had multipe round taillights in rectangular chrome housings, stock.

The ones you're looking at there I've seen in person on a car. They look good, but the light and lens quality itself sucks (they are dimmer and don't seem to have teh clarity and reflectivity of factory lights). You might be able to fix that with brighter lights.

posted by  ChrisV

Arent you supposed to be at Caryn's working that? Come on dude! I had faith in you untill this. Go and do what you gota do. BTW the BBQ is off were prolly gona play pool or some dumb shit.

posted by  420amodder

so ur saying that i should try to get some brighter bulbs? And also i was looking at a Type R spoiler thats LED and i was wondering where would i connect the wires to?

posted by  V-Tec

Does your car have the 3rd brake light? If so, then you connect the wires to that, however the original will no loger work.

posted by  420amodder

ya it does have third break light...so is there no way to make all 4 work?

posted by  V-Tec

the tails will work NP, but if you want the LED and the 3rd brake to work, you might have to splice some wires together.

posted by  420amodder

aight thnaks if i get it i will try that

posted by  V-Tec

youre the arse flaming on my mess with steve forum....tsk tsk

posted by  420amodder

ya so what do u decide to do? Act like a child and come and make pointless topic on mine. Congratulations :clap:

posted by  V-Tec

Just FYI, the general term "Altezza" was derived from the Toyota Altezza (JDM), A.K.A. Lexus IS300 for those of us State-side.

Oh, to original poster, I think the taillights look terrible. Keep the stockers (remember, you asked our opinion).

posted by  Bino

no ur right i asked for opinion
personally i like em

posted by  V-Tec

What the heck is this idiot :smoke: ? I gotta get smarter friends. :laughing: Also, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but just curious as to what the heck he did to get banned again. I'm gone for a day and he gets banned, didn't get a chance to talk to him.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

He posted Steven's cell phone number, lied that he made hundreds of thousands of dollars on eBay, and argued with every member on the forum...there was a 10 page thread within 5 hours, on the cell phone incident :laughing:...and nobody liked him :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

IMO, I like the stock ones.

posted by  nsupra27

[QUOTE=Bino]Just FYI, the general term "Altezza" was derived from the Toyota Altezza (JDM), A.K.A. Lexus IS300 for those of us State-side. [/qiote]

I know where the term came from, and exactly what the car in question was equipped with. In fact, it wasn't the first Toyota/Lexus product in the US with such a taillight assembly (which is what I aluded to in my post, talking about th earlier Lexus RX300). Knowing what car it came from is why I hate the fad of calling ANY custom taillight under plexiglass "Altexzzas" ESPECIALLY black ones like this.

posted by  ChrisV

OK, your post just didn't contain that information, I wasn't trying to slap you down.

I don't honestly care what you call them, they all look like crap.

posted by  Bino

I think that since they are all different, they can't ALL look like crap. And these black housings with oval taillights to me look vastly better than the Japnaese cat eye of the bland, all red stockers.

But then again, I like the taillights on the RX3 and others.

http://www.doylecrash.com.au/J-Port/jp2.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

I'm a big fan of the RX3, but I'd paint that taillight panel to match the car... personally.

posted by  Bino

Your Message