Mud Riding & 4 wheelering

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Mud Riding & 4 wheelering

Has anyone ever been mud riding or 4 wheelering? I went for the first time tonight. Talk about FUN! What are your experiences?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/WheelerNTruck.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/WheelerNTruck2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/Truck.jpg

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Oh yeah. Four wheeling is some serious fun. I go on to new york every summer, and that's one of the main things i look forward to doing. 4 wheeling, and riding my favorite horses.

posted by  torinoman80

Wow, sometimes I really take for granted the things I did all the time growing up. Yes, I spent a great deal of time off the pavement in my life. We always had hunting season, which was really an excuse to go throw some mud around with the pickups and drink some brews with your friends.

In highschool we would all go out and play in the snow in either our pickups or snowmobiles, or play in the mud with our pickups/fourwheelers/motorcycles, in college a girl I was dating had two brothers... they both owned CJ7's that were reasonably modified and I owned a Silverado Z71, we spent a great deal of time on the sand dunes in Florence.

It's really a great way to have fun, nobody gets hurt (generally), and everybody has a good time. Especially if you mix in a few days of camping into the equation. Get a roaring fire, some close friends, mix in some brew... good times, good times.

posted by  Bino

you really are new arent you?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

You're still making bad choices and hanging around morons. How can I tell? NO HELMET. Idiots.

posted by  vwhobo

HAHA, I just noticed the title. Mud Riding & 4 wheelering It's wheeling, not wheelering Cera. :laughing:

posted by  torinoman80

And to tihnk I thought you were going to say something about it being a relatively stock Dakota... :laughing:

posted by  thunderbird1100

This reminds me of a quote that applies directly here; the saying is "You can bring the horse water, but you cant make it drink."

posted by  torinoman80

I've been a few times, it's a hoot if you have a decent 4x4. I've been in everything from a friend's 4x2 2" Body lifted Z71 4.8L Silverado with 31" tires on stock wheels (absolutely horrible, it must of got stuck 20 times) to many 4-6" lifted 4x4 Jeeps on 33's (really fun). To a friend's MONSTER 4x4 Crew Cab Titan 3" Body Lifted and 8" Suspension lifted with 38" tires (!). That thing was truely a beast (only performance engine mods was an exhaust and intake). Which BTW - the Titan is seriously underrated in torque and horsepower from the factory at 305hp and 379tq. STOCK my friend's 4x4 did 277AWHP and 358AWTQ.

OK, now, for a long, long time Z71 was only an add-on option for 4X4 models, but I noticed recently that there is such a thing as a 2WD Z71 Colorado, and I believe a Z71 2WD Tahoe, but I have still never seen a 2WD Z71 Silverado. So, prove they exist, otherwise I'm calling B.S.

posted by  Bino

I dont know much about the line of GM pickups (could care less, all suck IMO except the new 360hp diesel). So I cant tell you for sure, if it's that important to you, you can look it up. All I remember specifically was it WAS 4x2 and I thought I remember seeing a Z71 badge on it somewhere (maybe he added it on?), beats the hell out of me. But it was a 4.8 Vortec 4x2 1500.

I tried to find it before my previous post. I'm quite sure they don't exist.

posted by  Bino

I called his ass and he said "yeah, I added on the Z71 badge, because it's an offroader". The bastid.

Hehe, poser (you can tell him I said so :mrgreen: )

posted by  Bino

He has a bad sound system too. Some POS Sony head with Sony coaxial speakers driven by the head and two 10" Rockford P1 subs with each getting 150rms...it sucks.

Well I'm long past the wheelin' in a 2wd days (thank god),cause my friend and i got stuck in his ranger more than i care to remember. And the stupid kids we were we never brought a shovel, plywood,half the time a jack,a tow chain that has TWO hooks, or someone with a real truck to pull our asses out.
But now I have 88 Toyota 4Runner with 33's and the 22RE. Now I carry a HY-Lift jack, two tow chains with a hook on both sides, a shovel,a fire extinguisher,some plywood, most important is a cell phone.

posted by  x1/9-rally

nobody's perfect

perfect..... ? no helmet doesnt even come close to that, go check out some steak and cheese head smash pictures bet ya 100 bucks youd wear one.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Funny, isn't it. You have all sorts of time to make excuses but not enough to do the right thing. It's not even a matter of complacency with you, it's a mind set that makes you think you're invincible. What do I mean? How about this;

Granted, that was on a horse forum (http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/my-opinion-regarding-hel muts-33141-2.html), but the stupidity remains the same. :roll:

posted by  vwhobo

^^ That must have taken quite a bit of searching.

posted by  hondaman

Nope. About 30 seconds actually. The answer to where I found it is right on this forum. It's called attention to detail... and just happening to stumble into a thread here that I wouldn't normally look at. She even told you where to look.

posted by  vwhobo

nope, never. and certainly not in the brown truck in my sig... :wink2:

haven't been wheelin' in a while... it's hard to find somewhere legal to do it (and close enough--at 7mpg, i'm not up for too many long highway trips...)

to be honest, that truck has more faith in itself than i do, b/c i've dropped it into some mudholes where i thought "oh shit! i'm gonna wish i had tow hooks" and it walked right through them.... oh, well...

posted by  dodger65

Damn that was an old thread. I had to stop and recall if I actually wrote that. How the hell did you know I was on HGS?

Your Message