Need For Speed Most Wanted

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Need For Speed Most Wanted

Anyone have it? play it? This thread was bound to come up sometime sooner or later. It comes out today time to go pick up a copy*jumps out of chair grabs keys and heads out the door*

posted by  Spanky2324

I thought it came out the 22nd??

posted by  Frequency101

It comes out the 17th.

However, a demo is available for download. Graphics are awesome.

Here's what I know about the game so far:

First off, minimum system requirements.
1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent processor.
256 MB of RAM.
~1 GB Hard drive space.
64 MB NVidia or ATi Graphics card. All other card types are not compatible.

Now here's what you get:
At least 50 cars, including import tuners, muscle cars, and exotics.
One HUGE city to roam. The demo alone is larger than Underground 2 I think, so I can only imagine how large the full game must be.
Cops that are actually challenging, with real damage. Doors and hoods fly off, bodies get smashed. You can even make them smoke and explode!
Physics are terriffic. Engine reacts incredibly realistically to the driver's input. And sounds awesome while doing it.
The environment is very interactive. Using traffic or roadside objects can help to incapacitate the cops. The cops' chatter is far more realistic also, they seem more human. They stutter, make mistakes, and don't say the same thing twice for quite a while.
You have a choice to modify your car visually or not. No more necessary "style" points. Also, performance modification is in this game.
Traffic cars are more realistic, and actually identifyable. No more indiscernable boxes on wheels.
Road has a realistic textured look, with cracks, and shine when it rains. Rain is in this game, but instead of just raining in one place, or everywhere, all the time, it has a realistic weather system with winds blowing it across the track. Leaves blow off trees, and the sun has a realistic glare.

I'll post some screens later when I have time!

posted by  hondaman

sounds like my next GC game, if I only had a comp that could run it well....

O wait it's EA nevermind it's gonna suck

posted by  jedimario

The demo is like 544MB...I'm still going to try to download it :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

i played the demo on ps2 that was pretty sweet. In all other games it's really easy to avoid the cops but in this one it's pretty hard. WHen the start to chase u the will ram u and spin u out a lot. The graphics were good. I might have to go and buy the game, i liked it.

posted by  V-Tec

Here's a few screens for you all, I will make more later.

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/hondaman/images/MW3.JPG
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/hondaman/images/MW1.JPG
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/hondaman/images/MW2.bmp

posted by  hondaman

will it be for ps2 also???

posted by  mx3_monster

you took those on your comp? What's its RAM, processing speed, graphics card, etc.? I want to know how well my comp'd run it

posted by  jedimario

Yes! I can;t wit to get it for my B-day!

posted by  elchango36

Yes I did, with no lag or wait times for loading. I have great expectations for this game. :)

My laptop's specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB HDD (if that's important), ATi Radeon XPress 200M 128 MB graphics card, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with SP2.

posted by  hondaman

How much was your laptop??? (I'm looking to upgrade mine)

posted by  elchango36

I got a few discounts due to having a friend of the family that works for HP (it is an HP Pavilion zv6000) along with a few others for it having just been released or something like that...I only paid $740 or so for it, but I think that before discounts it was worth somewhere around $1100...I think...

But in any case I am so glad I went ahead and got the good graphics card. This game is great.

posted by  hondaman

LOl the funny thing is I knew exactly what laptop that was fro mthe specs you listed...oh the sorrows of working in a computer department. Best Buy released it today, I saw a couple of kids with copies all day long.

posted by  Voda48

well mine SHOULD run it fine then, i can't wait

posted by  jedimario

wtf? i thought there was supposed to be a NFS:U2?

posted by  importluva

That game has been out for a while... :clap:

posted by  Voda48

Damn it, I wanted that one. My choices were between that one and the Toshiba P25 somethin somethin somethin. Too bad I didnt get to pick it out (i got stuck with a "student-friendly" laptop that sux. I cant run my fav. multiplayer FPS game in the world on this POS. I'm stuck have to ask my roomate if I can countrer strike on his gaming desktop. :banghead:

posted by  elchango36

I just played the demo version of the game, and heres my review:

The graphics are high quality, with no lag throughout. It is pretty much like any other Need For Speed game, but a bit more realistic. I rarely would need to use the brakes, as the steering was very nice, although shaky at fast acceleration. Overall the game kicks ass, and is one of the best car games out, excluding realistic handling. I'd buy it, if I wasn't broke :doh: ****.5/***** (4.5/5)
I know that the Cayman S and Ford Mustang are in the game for sure too...here's some screen shots of each car, on all available tracks:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/nfs1.jpg
The modified Cayman S

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/nfs2.jpg
Stock Mustang

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/nfs3.jpg
Modified Mustang

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/nfs4.jpg
Stock Cayenne S

I know I suck...but why don't you try driving and pressing "Print Screen" at the same time :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

lol all too true..

posted by  jedimario

Yeah I went to go get a copy yesterday but it was postponed till thursday so I'll just have to wait one more day for it which will go by fast while I work. The graphics are excellent and the cop chases sure surpass the ones from hot pursuit or any other game. EA really put work into this game to make it great.

posted by  Spanky2324

well they have a viper too.... I DL the demo version... not so impressed, I thikn I might not buy this one. Her is the viper in the one cool par tof the game I like (think it is thepursuit breaker)

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5533/untitled1copy9qu.jpg

posted by  Voda48

The whole "underground" series left me with a sick feeling in my stomach. I grew up on the older need for speeds, and they ALWAYS focused on the cars that were made to be driven hard. For some reason they felt it was necessary to exclude exotics after NFS:HP2.

I did like the fact you could customize the cars to your liking, but I missed the lambos, and other great cars that used to be included. Now that most wanted is back, with exotics, police, and no "style points" is really starting to turn me on.

Also that sexy GTO made a come-back.

posted by  Frequency101

Yeah I got it now and I like how they mixed it up with exotics, imports and muscle. That 69 camaro on the black edition is pretty sweet and the game feels so much more fast paced now. They did a good job so far from what I've played now I just have to get through that blacklist and unlock those lambos:drool:

posted by  Spanky2324

I just played it on an XBOX 360 at Best Buy...and they couldn't get me off that couch,--with amazing speakers, and subwoofer, and 47" or so LCD TV--until the store was closing :laughing:. The graphics were pretty amazing, and the controllers are refined, and smaller, which would be better for all of our smaller handed members :laughing:...I think I'm in love :drooling :drooling: :drooling:

posted by  chris_knows

That looks like a great game, I might get it when I have the cash....seems a bit like the old NFS: Hot Persuit games to me. I think a racing game has to be extreamly well thought out and with plenty of options to fair well, even with hardened fans, as they can get boring and repetitive if too shallow :2cents:

posted by  Cliffy

i started out with a FIAT oh man it was alright now i got the 2006 eclipse. The game is good fun thumbs up. :mrgreen:

posted by  ToshoRcing

what the hell do you use, one of the pentagon's computer. how am i suposed to get one of those :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  rstifle3000

Where do you live, under a rock, the came has been out for about 3 months :sleep:

posted by  rstifle3000

Your Message