Your IQ Scores

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Your IQ Scores

I was told it might not be a bad idea to make a thread with a link to an IQ test, to see just how smart our members are...here's the link:

IQ Test (http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index-pop.jsp?sid=2005&supp=search_iq_test &z=)

If the mods do not think this is appropriate, I will understand if it gets deleted...

I guess I will start, my score, which I just took is:

Congratulations, Chris!
Your IQ score is 124

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Inspired Inventor. This means you've got exceptional verbal and mathematical skills, and are very good at brainstorming new ideas. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Although I could have sworn it was higher last time :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Indirectly, it is.

Let's see what happens.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Congratulations, Jeff!
Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace.

Jeff, your Super IQ score is 131

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Visual Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have many diverse talents. You have especially strong linguistic talents and are very good at interpreting visual information. You've got your feet on the ground, but your mind is capable of very complex, abstract thought. Compared to others, you are easily able to see situations from many different angles. You also understand how things work in a very practical way.

Yes, those are two separate tests.

Had them on file :laughing:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Congratulations, Sal!
Your IQ score is 131

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

posted by  salimander13

Robbie, your Super IQ score is 120

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

posted by  jedimario

Congratulations, Chris!
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Chris, your Super IQ score is 131

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

posted by  ChrisV

So what are the odds that about 2 in 20 people match the qualifacations for normally 6 in 1000? This is dumb, someone with a PhD, lol

posted by  jedimario

Congratulations, Dan!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Dan, your Super IQ score is 131

The way you think about things makes you a Complex Intellectual. This means you are highly intelligent and have extraordinarily strong verbal and math skills. Compared to others you are a highly conceptual and complex thinker and are able to understand information in an abstract form. You also show great attention to detail. In fact, it's hard to find something you're not good at.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Complex Intellectual? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Complex Intellectual. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

posted by  hondaman

The numerical result was different, however.

of course, we are both car fans, which is a smal lprotion of the population, too. And out of THAt population we're both here.

Of course, I'm reminded of the old saying, "if your'e one in a million, that means there are a couple thousand people identical to you."

posted by  ChrisV

good grief i had to go through all this offer crap to get this-
Congratulations, Robbie!
Your IQ score is 131

This isn't timed is it? I have 56K :doh:

posted by  jedimario

It better not be. I'm at work and had to do actual work (heaven forbid!) while taking the tests...

posted by  ChrisV

Well this is Car Forums, so it's like finding two horse people on a horse forum.

posted by  jedimario

Congratulations, Ted!
Your IQ score is 142

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Definatley not an accurate IQ test, real IQ tests are much longer.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Congratulations, Steven!
Your IQ score is 115

Eh, I coulda done better :doh:

posted by  99integra

Vwhobo, your Super IQ score is 151

The way you think about things makes you an Imaginative Mastermind. This means you are an extremely talented person, with a wide range of skills. There is little to nothing you can't do if you want to. You're very creative and you can express your ideas effectively through a variety of different means whether it's written or spoken words, numbers, or anything else. You also have a practical knowledge of how things work in the world — you've been paying attention and you pick things up easily.

posted by  vwhobo

I took it before and scored 166. The tests are dumb tho.

posted by  newyorker

Wally, your Super IQ score is 91

Your Intellectual Type is Moron. This means you do not have any redeeming features and you are a waste of space. You are a stain on the fabric of society. Our program only gave you a 91 out of pity, your actual score is so retarded in relation to the standard deviation of population quotients we had to skew the results so as not to send our regression algorithm into a fatal loop. Your aptitude results make you well suited to becoming a politician. Please do not take the test again asshole.

posted by  Wally

Congratulations, Matt!
Your IQ score is 124

posted by  moostang104314

For some reason, and I bet I'm not the only one, but I highly doubt you got a 166, considering the max score IS 160 (that is IF they even tried to make it a semi-real IQ test), and anything over 155 is considered to be a genius beyond genius and puts you i nthe standard deviation of maybe a few others in the world (I mean, people who CREATED Calculus....and such). Then again, this IQ test is not a real IQ test. But still, I dont believe you got a 166, since it is, impossible to get anyways.

Congratulations, AJ!
Your IQ score is 117

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

yeah. I kinda got lazy towards the end. :laughing:

got a 1320 on the SAT...that might be a slightly better gauge of how smart we are.

posted by  SuperJew

Congratulations, dodger!
Your IQ score is 500,000

Your Intellectual Type is Really Smart Smartass Guy. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like sarcasm. Your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to idiots — and at anticipating and predicting stupid questions. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results. :laughing: :laughing: :clap: :clap:

go me! :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

Just to let you know, there is no limit on what your IQ is. It's just highly unlikely. Someone with an average intelligence would have an IQ of 100 when compared with those of the same age group. Anything over 115 is considered above average when compared to the same age group. Only 1% of the nation score over 135 on a real IQ test. There have been cases of people scoring well above 200 but they consider this unmeasurable because hardly anyone in history has scored that high, thus making it hard to meaure on the bell curve.

IQ is determined by taking the person's mental age (by testing methods) then divide by your chronologic age then multiplying the result by 100.

posted by  97Talonchik

Smart has nothing to do with the SAT, the SAT is just how well you can reason. 800M 720V on my first SAT.

You dont have to tell me, I just got OUT of a psychology class last semester. I know how IQ's are scored,SD's, Standford-Binet, Wechsler etc.. etc.. What I was pointing out that 160 is considered "top score" and is almost statistically impossible (Speaking real world) to get over that. Speaking of standard deviations and the score 160, anything higher equates to about less than a miniscule near impossible amount (such as 1E-15% {if not lower} of the nation's population). I should of been more specific in say in 160 is a relative max score, not the absolute max. Still, your chances of ever meeting someone with an IQ of over 160 is slim to none, more like none.

Also, take for instance this, younger kids have an easier chance of scoring astronomical numbers (especially i ntoday's world of seeing so many pre-teens graduating from high school and going to college at 11). Such as if a 7 year old kid has the mental age of a 12 year old his IQ is 171. But it would take a 18 year old to have the mental age of 31 or so year old person to achieve the same score. This of course for the Stanford-Binet IQ test. not to mention the Stanford-Binet test is ONLY meant to test kids, not really anyone over the age of 18-22 or so. Weschler makes a test specifically for adults, and also kids.

THe Tickle tests are not too telling. I've taken others online, and the scores vary wildly, from the 130s on the tickle ones, to 155 or so on the one at the Mensa site, to some stupid timed test that said 170. A real test takes longer, is more complex and is administered under controlled conditions. And it stil only measures one set of abilities. If you have poorer vision or are dyslexic, you can score lower even though you are as intelligent. And, intellignece and knowledge ate two separate things. You can be very intelligent, and still never heard the cliche phrases they use in the tests. And you can know a lot, but not be able to figure out things outside what you've read.

posted by  ChrisV

LOL, I don't think I would trust anything from a site named "Tickle". That's just me though. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

I reckon you made that up :evil:

posted by  Wally

wrongo, drongo....

that's for real... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Can't find the IQ test, clicke don the link but it just gives a bunch of categories.

posted by  Pythias

Try it now :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

That's part of the test.

:hi:

posted by  ChrisV

..... :doh: I fail. lol

posted by  Pythias

Congratulations, Adrian!
Your IQ score is 122

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

posted by  elchango36

Joe, your Super IQ score is 120

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

posted by  giant016

Isn't it interesting, that all of us, who spend time on the internet, seem to have relatively high IQs?.....I mean, 100 = median, and you're either above or below that...and we're all above the 100 mark...

posted by  dodgerforlife

I took the test over, and tried to get every answer wrong. Here's what happened;

Congratulations, Joe!
Your IQ score is 73

Your Intellectual Type is Inventive Inquisitor. You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.
For the first test I had 50 questions, the second test only had 40. Also the fact that I got a 73 and was deemed a "great improviser" when I was trying to get a 0 shows how full of crap this test is.

posted by  giant016

Congratulations, AJ!
Your IQ score is 133

Interesting, considering English is my 2nd language.

posted by  importluva

Doesn't say what language you are a warrior in :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

That's because this isnt a real IQ test. Plus, a lot of people who are taking it dont qualify as this is more a Stanford-Binet test than anything, so anyone much over college age's score is pretty much null and void.

Real IQ tests, as said before are given to the right group of people, is much longer and is given under real testing conditions, the internet is not a real testing condition.

well no shit, i do realize that. I just found it to be an odd point.

posted by  dodgerforlife

when i took the test the max score as 180.

posted by  newyorker

I dont find it odd at all, easier for the taker, higher the results will be.

As said before there is no ABSOLUTE max score, I was talking about a relative max score, there is no limit to what your score can be but anything over 155 is considered, well, nearly impossible to obtain. And is obtained by a VERY miniscule amount of people in the United States (less than .000000000001%). In a real IQ test (As this was not a real one), I still doubt you'd get that high.

Not sure if you are exaggerating, but that's 1/100,000,000,000...meaning that there may have been 1 or 2 people with an IQ over 160 in the world in the last century...unless my math is wrong :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Steven Hawking holds the record I believe. The test is trash though. Says nothing about your overall intelligence.

posted by  newyorker

I was exaggerating, but again, if someone gets over 160 on a real IQ test it's in the news, no doubt. Because you fall in the Einstein category. My point was, maybe a few people in a year obtain scores such as that.

Your Message