Tell me what's wrong here.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Tell me what's wrong here.

http://car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17859

"BavarianWheels" deleted my thread about "VWHobo1," closed the thread above for no reason other than to stop me from getting my word in.

I'm sorry to inform you, "BavarianWheels," but the "Off Topic" section of car-forums.com was designed for whatever was on anyones minds.

That makes 2 of my threads within about 2 days closed or deleted for the wrong reasons. This is a serious abuse of power. Someone do something about this bull. I don't know how you run things in California BavarianWheels, but that doesn't fly around here.

posted by  DodgeRida67

The thread was useless to begin with...and with the SN banned, it is even more useless...as is this thread soon to also feel the wrath of "abusive power."

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think you need to get laid Bav

posted by  99integra

LOL...if you only knew...

Simpler terms for you. When I said...

That means threads in the "Off Topic" catagory don't have to be useful to be created or kept. Now really, go ahead and justify it.

Carry on...

And a P.S for you; if you give your "abusive power" to this thread, you're only digging yourself deeping in your hole. On top of that, there would only be more threads like this made. I demand answers to my question which is for you to justify your actions. I know the answer already, the answer is it was done wrongfully, but the point to all of this is for you to realize that and stop what you're doing.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Damn I was right on the money

posted by  99integra

For idle threats...he's now banned. (the 99integra SN at least)

Edit: ...and a build up of other reasons.

Whoops...you know I just realized...it was DodgeRida67!!

Unban 99... :oops:

As satisfying as it was to click the ban button...it was not the time.

Sorry 99integra...maybe some other day.

A ban was completely out of line.

You simply need to raionalize yourself once, and point in the direction of your rationalization for every time that DR brings it up again. A ban is nowhere near necessary.

posted by  Godlaus

wow.......****in genious trigger, but thanks :wink2:

posted by  GoodTimes

Look people, he's clearly not going to change what he does. He doesn't lock threads with real, important discussions in them. The thread about vwhobo1 was in all honesty, somewhat useless. Had things just been left alone none of this would have happened.

I'm sure DR67 has not been IP banned and can come back with a new nick if he wants. I mean really, this is nothing. Seriously well run, strict forums crack down on people for much worse than this. You people are complaining that there is a lack of free speech here...trust me, this is the most loose and casual forum I'm on. Just take what you have and accept it. It's not your forum and you are allowed to be a member for free...so you must accept its terms.

posted by  hondaman

I don't see a reason for DR67 to be banned...what exactly did he do? What are idle threats? This is deifinitely an abuse of power...I say unban him :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Dude i couldn't agree more, there are many forums i go on to and just because i posted twice in one page i was banned for a week (i wont disclose the name of the forum because they might kill me). so yeah this is actually a very relaxed forum. im sorry to see dodge go though. he'll be back.........dum dum dum

posted by  ahoo

Then why even do it in the first place? Appears pointless to me :screwy:

posted by  importluva

:banghead: Is it over yet...??? :banghead:

posted by  DiabloSV

dodgerida seems to be a pretty large part of car forums, he was here long before I was, and actually contributes.

posted by  shev

Well BW clearly does whatever-the-hell he wants and UFF clearly never had a problem with that as he chose to upgrade him with banning powers. This is clearly a take it or leave it situation as Bav currently answers to no one and can do as he pleases for no good reason at all.

posted by  JaneiR36

You are right, Jane...I currently answer to no one. Which makes this all the more difficult. In the past, Unfedfat directed us in the manner he wanted. If he comes back and changes things...I'm all for it. For now, DR gets banned for being a problem child...just as he was in the beginning. I believe admin banned him the first time.

If you don't like the forums...there is no chain attached to your ankles...it is free to use...and not to use.

I for one find this "situation" to be both amusing and ironic. When I complain about a specific member of the moderating team who arbitrarily take these types of action only against me, and I have specific facts and instances to support those complaints, everyone in this thread jumps on his bandwagon, says how great of a job he's doing and gives him a pat on the back.

On the other hand, when Bav does his job as he sees fit, you same indivividuals get out the noose and are ready to hang him for taking an even handed and mature approach to moderating. Whether you like it or not, he was given the responsibility of doing this job and the authority to do it. That is not to say that I always agree with his actions. But in the past, like men we were able to discuss it and sometimes agree to disagree based on what's best for the forum.

The difference between the two is that Bav is trying to do his job the best he can and the other is using his power to try to intimidate and manipulate others. And to reiterate what was said previously, nobody is making you participate in this forum, you do so of your own volition. For those of you without the vocabulary to comprehend what I just typed, I'll make it real simple for you... If you don't like the way things are, leave.

BTW, before the accusation is made, I had no knowledge of this particular ban until I read it in this thread and was acutually quite surprised. Because of my previous personal problems with this person, in no way do I want to sway the decisions of the moderating team concerning him.

posted by  vwhobo

It may just be me but I find this part kinda funny. I haven't seen many instances where Cliffy ('the other') using his 'power' for for the bad. Bav has more power then pretty much anyone on here and there's nothing anyone else here can really do about it when he does do something wrong.

Bav didn't get the nickname 'Trigger' for nothing, and I haven't seen any real content in this thread that is considered 'ban worthy'. I (along with some others) may change my mind if Bav could justify the banning.

I think Bav is the one who uses his 'powers' to intimidate and/or manipulate others on this forum, none of the other Moderators have the same 'powers' as Bav does (except Satty), so the one you have a grudge with Hobo can't do much more then closed/delete/edit threads, if he had more 'power' you'd probably not be here anymore (which would kinda suck), but Bav has can decide to get rid of someone whenever he wants, and sometimes it seems like it's just because the person is either against Bav or is not liked by him.

posted by  car_crazy89

In other words, a take it or leave it situation. But thanks for re-phrasing and directing your comments to me :screwy:

My point was there's no point complaining about something that nothing can be done about. No I don't agree with you. Yes, I can leave whenever I want. So thanks, Mister Stater-of-the-Obvious :screwy:

Bav, I don't have as much of a problem with your closing the thread, as with the fact that you felt you didn't need to give an explanation for it when asked (initially, anyway). It stunk of a personal problem with the person who started the thread and I'm still not convinced otherwise.

posted by  JaneiR36

I know he's been Banned...but you all need to know this....DR was WRONG in the above statement...all threads have to be usefull to some extent, otherwise it's classed as spam :thumbs:

And great going on Banning the wrong member, Bav lol.....I bet Teggy was bricking it lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry...I missed that one lol....you hit the nail on the head there (btw...I'm not knocking Bav there...in my opinion he does a great job!)...hobo's just an old fart with too much time on his hands, and to be honest I'm sick of arhuing with him....and he's gonna be heading for a ban himself if he's not carefull...geez...did I say that?....I must remember to take my medication :thumbs:

Seriously though...I think I'm the only guy in any form of authority that thinks that (just the way I see it by the way....not a sly dig) :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Nobody likes a suckhole Cliffy :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

I coulda sworn the point of an off topic board was idle talk and entertainment, topics that would ordinarily have no point whatsoever on any of the other forums. Just because one person doesn't think it has value doesn't mean it's worthless to everyone else. If it's caused a chuckle, it serves a purpose. Unless of course if the moderator doesn't like you, then the pointlessness is clear. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

posted by  JaneiR36

Sorry, I may have come across a little unclear on that one lol...

What I mean is, that although a thread can be about any topic other than cars (only on a car forum obviously lol)...it has to have some sort of meaning. That's why I said "to an extent", because it might appear pointless, but still be about a certain topic...like, what did you have for breakfast...?...I guess :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

uh-huh. Sounds like a conveniently made up rule. One that would have been "nice" to "politely" explain if you're going to use that as a reason for closing a thread and someone asks you about it later. But hey, I'm preaching to the choir, right, Cliffy?

posted by  JaneiR36

Not a made up rule....I'm sure it'll be covered under an existing one somewhere lol

posted by  Cliffy

Here's the closest I could find, "Please consider an appropriate Forum before posting your topic, there is a brief description on the Forum index under each board, of what can be posted."

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3388

Oh, wait, he posted it under the Off Topic forum. Yeah the list of rules totally cleared up everything!

posted by  JaneiR36

Um....I'm not sure whether or not you were being serious in that last bit lol :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Hell I didn't know what the hell I did :doh:

posted by  99integra

I was being just a tad sarcastic :wink2:

posted by  JaneiR36

lol....just thank your lucky stars Bav realised what he'd done :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

my new s/n was GoodTimes :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I see....sorry, I'm a little behind with things at the moment! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

you shit the mob :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

In English please Wal :screwy: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Sorry a bit of strine surfacing there. It's a saying pertaining to an individual who upsets the order of things:-

shit = annoy extremely e.g. "don't shit me"
mob = a flock of sheep

Here's one you would use if you were at a bar telling your mates how thirsty for a beer you were:

"My throat is dryer than a dead dingo's donger"

posted by  Wally

Their stuff gets dry? But why? :orglaugh:

posted by  JaneiR36

damn im way behind on this thread....just from what ive gathered from bieng a member of this forum, people dont like bav because he tells it like it is and dont put up with too much bullshit. cliffy is more like your friend with some power that doesnt want to hurt to many poeples feelings. JMO :thumbs:

posted by  adamc44

Because it's dead..... you do know what a donger is? :wink2:

posted by  Wally

I'm just saying, with the decomposing and everything, it would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally moist before it shrivels up completely :orglaugh:

posted by  JaneiR36

Not in the outback it wouldn't. But I'll give you 5 points for trying and because you are a sheila having a go. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

Man...I've tried to post a reply twice now...both times my comp locks up when I click submit.

In short:

JaneiR36...the comment about "You can stay or leave..." was hardly directed at you...rather it was directed at any member whom feels this place is unfair. I'm sure vwhobo meant his in the same way.

DR was not banned solely on this difference of thread deletion...it was a culmination of many instances and the last straw for me. Until Unfedfat returns and reinstates his DodgeRida67 acct, it remains banned...however he is quite able to return under another name...I unfortunately cannot stop that...nor do I think he should be IP banned.

I think you could drum up enough interest here to get some online 'strine courses going for the seppos. :hi: Possibly "conversational strine", or "comon okker-isms".

posted by  windsonian

Really? Technically very few threads on any forum are really "useful" to any extent, especially threads about, oh, video games, movies, breakfast, a school wining some sort of athletic contest, etc. What makes a thread asking for clarification on a moderation issue any less useful than a thread on starting a GT4 tourney or a review of Saw II on a car forum? Or the 27th thread about what's your favorite car?

Oh, well. I'll probably get banned next, as I'm way more of a problem than DodgeRida67...

posted by  ChrisV

Web Definition of SPAM: "To indiscriminately send unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages, especially commercial advertising in mass quantities."

If his topic held interest, it was WANTED...if his topic pertained to a public "event" pertaining to the forum, it was RELEVANT... if there was no foul language or offensive words, it was APPROPRIATE. Clearly, to me, it wasn't SPAM and I would have let it stay.

But I'm not mod, and I don't know that guy, so I'm not bothered.

But I am Your Idol BavarianWheels, so you should follow my lead.

posted by  Your Idol

Welcome back Keith :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Who? :screwy:

posted by  hondaman

DildoRida67's first name.

posted by  vwhobo

Aha! Makes sense now...

posted by  hondaman

My bad that wasn't our boy :doh: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Keith? I ain't no f'ing Keith.

posted by  Your Idol

Yep, that's Keith :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I personally thought it sounded more like 'What.'

posted by  JaneiR36

ding ding ding, just got a pm, its What alright lol :doh: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I ain't no f'ing What.

posted by  Your Idol

Then you just confused the **** outta me bro :doh:

posted by  99integra

Hows about I put an end to the mystery...He IS 'WHAT'....I checked IP's :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well I know he is he just confused the hell outta me though :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Im still surprised that DR was banned.

Bav, I dont think he deserved it. Im not going to go to the extremes of others and like make threads and names and all that shit, but Bav... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Yup, that's me....too nice Grrrr...now shrink that bloody sig, it's massive :ohcrap:

I see :thumbs:

I like your style lol....not too forward....yet you still get your opinion across lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

The world seems zealous in it's punitive approach to sedition lately. Why oh why can't we all just live in peace and harmony in a serene egalitarian society of secular peoples who aren't judged by the colour of their skin and the misdemeanors of their ancestors? Well it's probably because we hate them.

posted by  Wally

Thats okay... apparently I cant have "Xtreme DynamiX C.C." in my signature because its advertising. No.. its called representing. I am representing my club. It has no link or anything, so where is it advertising? :screwy:

posted by  onebadkustom

Kustom kinda does have a pont... I mean Adver. Would be like saying this...Go to "

", its so much better than these fourms...well wait, never mind, that would be the truth...what is advertising? :doh:

posted by  98_eclipsegsx

Why do I get the idea you're onebigdummy trying to subliminally advertize your crap?

STOP.
GET OVER IT.

posted by  67Coronet383

You got it all wrong. He is a friend of mine who is backing me up. :cussing:

posted by  onebadkustom

Ok is this better? Go to

! It is Better! There no it is just straight up advertising it...happy? :hi:

posted by  98_eclipsegsx

How about we stop with the crafty adverts guys! :banghead:

And before you say anything....his actual post wasn't just ghfghf.com lol

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message