What To Buy

Home  \  Off Topic  \  What To Buy

I was thinking to get a home entertainment system for my dad for Christmas...finally :oops: as all we have for DVD's is my XBOX, and computer :oops:.

I was thinking of something not much more than $200. It doesn't have to be extremely loud, but not quiet. The more important thing would be quality.
I was also thinking of Dolby 5.1 surround sound (unless there is something better that is still affordable).
The DVD player should be able to play MP3, JPG, CD-R, etc...Would it be cheaper to get a set, with the speakers and everything, or buy them seperate? Opinions?

posted by  chris_knows

I know! I know!! You can shove a stick up your small ass and twist it. Then you can give it to him a a shisk-a-bob!! Awesome dude!! That was gnarly! :laughing:

posted by  stupidbitches

Yeah...please stay away from this thread :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

Okay, for $200 you're not going to be able to get a surround sound setup, well you can, but it will sound horrible. Just get him a nice DVD player (progressive scan etc..). We have a Sony DVD/VCR combo (progressive scan) that is really nice and was like $129 a few years ago.

posted by  thunderbird1100

How about this one? (http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926I NGFS10067135&catid=20311)

I found this one for $200, with progressive scan, and as far as I can tell is not too bad, but anything wrong with it?

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message