Let me point some things out

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Let me point some things out

Members of Car Forums, Moderation "Team,"

Let me point out that the only rules that apply to this forum are the ones Adam, the administrator, laid down when you initially sign up. Believe it or not, as a moderator you can't make up the rules. If you're an employee of mine you don't make up the rules for the customers, I do, and it's your job to inforce them. As a police officer, you don't make up the law, you inforce it. As a moderator, you don't make up the rules, you inforce them. Here are the rules of Car-Forums.com, as stated by Adam.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Car Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Car Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to the Car-Forums.com Message Boards, you grant Car-Forums.com Message Boards a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any Rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Car Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

posted by  DildoRida67

Welcome back Keith ol boy :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Another thing I'd like to point out is that I was banned for absolutely no reason other than the personal bias of BavarianWheels. I broke no rules at all. And for the record Bav (since you've made a lot of mistakes, like banning the wrong person. Good job - by the way.) I have never been banned before here as you stated otherwise. Bickering over something a moderator did that a member didn't like has been done before, many times, with no bannings, because it's perfectly fine to do so. I'm sorry you have a problem with it, I really am, but understand I have a problem with you're moderating style, so we both have a problem. That was the reason for the thread. Let it be known that no rules were broken, and you deleted threads, and banned me, for all the wrong reasons. A complete abuse of power. You banned me because I told you I wasn't going to give up. You banned me because it was the only way you'd win, or so you thought.

posted by  DildoRida67

http://car-forums.com/talk/showpost.php?p=148639&postcount=8

Does anyone see anything wrong with the comments made in that post? I sure do. You're all smart enough to figure it out. You're all smart enought to make the link between his bias feelings towards certain members here and the way he moderates. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

posted by  DildoRida67

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/sixty7coronet383/fghj.jpg

What am I saying by all of this? BavarianWheels is a moderator out of line. Way out of line. Acting on bias, abusing his power, and somewhat of a trouble maker to boot.

Just to clear the air, I did nothing wrong. BavarianWheels is completely in the wrong here. Have a nice one everyone. :wink2:

posted by  DildoRida67

...this would also include those put into a position of moderation.

...again, if anyone doesn't like the way in which this forum is moderated, you are not forced to make use of this forum in any way shape or form.

But "you all" keep coming back which tells me you like it here...and I'm not the most intelligent person in the world.

posted by  BavarianWheels

You might want to re-word that last sentence. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

They do like it...and I'm not. :wink2:

It would include the owners of car forums. At present the only known "owner" is Adam. You are just another member of Car-forums.

posted by  67Coronet383

So which SN are you going to use? Dildo or this?

You can have the other one. :wink2:

posted by  67Coronet383

Who names themself DildoRida? I was on your side...

posted by  Your Idol

Since you're going to let him stay, and you KNOW he's back, why not unban his original name.

posted by  Your Idol

In the forum world, some people really like their names...the forum gets used to who they are talking to...and even to some extent, the post count is of certain "status"...I suppose it's the only "punishment" one can be given aside from an IP ban.

What you forget is that moderators of a site can indeed be charged with defining the rules for the group. YOu might say an emplyiee of your's can't make the rules, only you do. But if a company charges an emplyee to MAKE the rules, then they certainly can. Just becaeu YOU choose not to in YOUR business doens't mean that someone like Adam can't say, "her's what I want to see, you have teh authority to do what you think you need to do to keep order, including making and sticking with rules that you see fit." Considering that he has not said anything against the mods so far, then I'm going to have to assume that either he agrees with what they do, or he doesn't care. In either case, ethey DO get to make and enforce the rules as they see fit, as the owner either wants them to, or doesn't care if they do.

Now, we may disagree with them about those rules (God knows, I have), and try to influence them, but they do have the right to say what is or isn't a bannable offence, or what can and can't be deleted. The admin's actions have made that abundantly clear.

posted by  ChrisV

Very true, Chris. I was gonna type pretty much the same thing. DR, the initial rules upon signing up are set down but v-Bulletin as a guideline for members and if Adam wants to have his own rules posted here, so be it. Belive it or not I did run them pat both him, and the other Mods before posting them, so they are valid rules :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message