please help me with my dog

Home  \  Off Topic  \  please help me with my dog

I got Sara this cute little puppy a few months ago.
And for the life of me I cant stop it from barking all the time.
Its one of those small dogs that has the most annoying barks, little yaps.

Oh man I just want to kick him in the face when he gets going (but I don’t).

Seriously I need some advice on how to get him to stop before I take his cute little but to the pound. He cant keep going out side and barking like he does, the neighbors are gonna complain then I am really gonna have to get ride of him.

Any help guys?

posted by  TheFieroKid

Get a water pistol wen he yaps shoot him in the face.Hell hate it after some time hell learn to shut up.Works on the wife too try it!!

posted by  Drwatson

:laughing:
haha!!

posted by  newyorker

Also on cats. :laughing:

posted by  torinoman80

Mine doesn't shut up either, but when he does, I just throw him outside...but seeing how you can't do that, just scream at him/her...mine just looks at me like I'm an idiot :laughing:

But the water pistol might be a better option :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

there's probably some place that wil train him, but that might be expensive. That's what we did with our dog. If you can get him to shutup someway, reward him for it. He'll figure out why he's getting rewarded soon enough.

posted by  jedimario

The rewarding thing didn't work with my dog...spent 2 weeks, and probably 20+ Oscar Meyer Weiners to teach him to sit...and he still can't really do it :laughing: :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

****, get one of those stop barking collars....ebay it for like 30$...youll be glad you did.....lets put it this way...any of those training collars deliver a shock bad enough to almost drop me to my knees....we were testing an underground dog fence....(and i didnt even try a stubborn dog collar)...they work great, my sisters dog(pitbull x lab) is afraid to go anywhere near where he thinks the fence may be, cause he knows how much it hurts....he went over it once chasing a cat....took five minutes to convince him to move after we took the collar off...

posted by  dodgerforlife

well duh everyone knws that the little dogs never shut up, you shouldve got a big dog, the kind that only bark when u want em too. i got a great dane and we're getting a bull mastiff next month :) they never 'yap'

posted by  Stem

that worked great on my in-laws' yorkies until they managed to grab the bottle when they weren't looking and gnawed the shit out of it... :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Ya actually MY dog is a Lab/Huskey Mix... hes a great dog.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Well the pistol will work in quite a short time if u keep it up.It takes a bit longer for the wife she dosnt pick things up so quick.Now wen i put my hand to the pistol..perfect SILIENCE!!
I havent sorted the kids yet so maybe ill look for those shock collars :clap:

posted by  Drwatson

Those stop barking collars are great. We used them with are dog and she doesn't bark any more. There probably the best thing ever invented

posted by  stevenbob0

wat i did with my minidoberman (all 3, the mutt has always been the best behaving one) was that i would close their mouths and hit them softly with a newspaper on their ass. every time they would try to bark i would lift a newspaper rolled up and they would just whimper.

dont hit them too hard. in fact, just hitting the floor right next to them hard enough to make a loud noise works.

posted by  Inygknok

the only problem with that sort of method, is that anytime you lift your arm, even if its to throw a ball, it can cause them to slink down and become cowed....ive seen it happen....

imho, the shock collars are best, because it only happens when they bark...so no adverse reactions at other times...

posted by  dodgerforlife

It sounds like he's still a pup and that's what puppies do when they want attention, just like babies, they make noise (whimper, whine, bark...the pups not the babies, lol). Whatever method you choose, best to teach him early. When the pup is doing something wrong, use a stern voice and say a command like "no" and point your finger at his face. Sometimes I follow that up with, "go lay down". Let him know you don't like his actions. It's also good practice for when you have kids later on, lol. I prefer this method because you aren't causing physical harm to the pup (i.e. a shock collar or the hitting method).

posted by  97Talonchik

the shock collar isnt harmful, its definitely a warning though....

unless of course you have a large stubborn dog(my sisters....) then you get the more powerful collar....thats an instant stopper ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message