who is your God?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  who is your God?

Does anyone have a religion.christainity,Islam..ect.

posted by  archangle

Normally when asking a question like that, the thread starter goes first.

posted by  snoopewite

I am a christain

posted by  archangle

archangle, I was pretty sure that you were a Christian... I can't think why though :wink2: I'm also a Christian.

posted by  snoopewite

I can't think why though I'm also a Christian. what do you mean by that?

posted by  archangle

WHEN ARE THESE FORUMS GOING TO GET TONE OF VOICE DETECTORS :cussing:

When I said, "I can't think why though", I was being sarcastic about not knowing why I had the impression that you were a Christian. I thought that you were a Christian because of your screen name. I did wonder since your first post but when you started this topic on religion, I was more sure that you would be a Christian.

posted by  snoopewite

O hahahahah :laughing:

posted by  archangle

Christian

posted by  Vassar

take a wild guess...$2000 says you'll get it right. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Agnostic

posted by  karburator

You are all saying your are Christians, yet, there are many different denominations. Technically, a Catholic is also a Christian, as is a Protestant.
Not that it really matters, but it's something to think about.

By the way, I'm a Baptist. :thumbs:

posted by  WannabeWrxOwner

I'm a Christian, and im a Baptist too! :thumbs:

posted by  Phoenix

I'm not sure why this thread and it's subject matter is acceptable yet a thread about race/ethnicity is closed due to being "offensive". Perhaps the other mods can explain the reasoning to me. It seems the last time this subject came up, all I did was say I was agnostic and all hell broke loose because I was trying to "convert" others.

I call foul.

posted by  vwhobo

i suppose all that people are doing in this post is just say what religion background they have and not which one they think\know is right. to tell you the truth it fasinates me to know how many people are religious and what they believe in.

posted by  Phoenix

OLD GERMAN BAPTIST?????? :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Methodist

posted by  Satty101

As me being the closer, I felt it was inappropriate and on its way down an ugly path. I very well could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Tell you what...I'll open it.

posted by  BavarianWheels

atheist

posted by  Jexy

Was born a Catholic but now got no religious beliefs whatsoever.

posted by  Fife.Cruiser

sorry to hear that :ohcrap:

posted by  archangle

And this is the attitude that makes discussions about religion dangerous. I didn't see anyone say to you "sorry to hear that" when you said you're Christian, and rightfully not. Why can't we just accept the fact that people have differing religious beliefs, or non-beliefs, and let it go at that?

posted by  vwhobo

I'm a Catholic, although I dont preach the religion or anything like that lol

posted by  Cliffy

:2cents: look Im not trying to get anyone mad but I saw some post that had some strong langauge in it and began to wonder some of the peoples religion at all so they could see that this is wrong.But if you want me to shut up about this I will.

posted by  archangle

Okay, I'll bite. What does "strong language" in someone's post have to do with starting a thread about religion?

posted by  vwhobo

because,I wanted to know if some of these people that were saying this stuff were christains.

posted by  archangle

So are you implying it's not okay to cuss if you're a Christian but if you're Jewish, Islamic or Agnostic it would be okay? Please don't keep handing out bits and pieces of information, explain yourself fully so we can understand.

posted by  vwhobo

ok,I know that if you are a christian that it is NOT okay to cuss because Jesus(christain God) does not like that.but I dont know about the other religions because I am not one of them.Im not trying to convert anyone because this America we can belive what we think is right.But if any of the people that were cussing, christains then I was going to tell them to stop because of what God says is right.

posted by  archangle

Okay, that's fair enough but it does lead me to another question. Didn't your God create beings with free will? And if people choose to cuss aren't they practicing that free will?

posted by  vwhobo

yes,but if you read your bible God tells us that we can do anything that we want but not all of that is right and cussing is not right

posted by  archangle

First off I don't have or need a bible. So you've made the choice not to cuss, and I fully respect that. But if "God tells us that we can do anything that we want" then if someone wants to cuss it should be okay. It sounds to me like you're judging people and expecting them live by your values. I don't think God would like that very much, do you?

”Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1-5

posted by  vwhobo

Would you, could you, give us chapter and verse in the bible where this is stated ?

posted by  lectroid

No he couldn't. probably because it isn't stated

posted by  Cliffy

The poor guy is his own worst enemy. He can't even spell christian and makes a statement that Jesus is "christain God". Dude must have a new book :doh: He really is an archangle :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

I am not judeging anyone on this forum because I do not know anyone on this forum.Say you were going to rob a bank,you could do it but you know that it is wrong.How do you know that vers if you do not have a bible?

posted by  archangle

There is a huge difference between robbing a bank and cussing. Bank robbery is illegal and it hurts other people. As I recall stealing is also against one of the Ten Commandments. Cussing or using "strong language" doesn't fit into either category.

posted by  vwhobo

Shut up, your'e projecting yourself as an idiot. You keep arguing points you can't back up. You could be the exact reason that some people are agnostic or atheist. SHUT UP

posted by  lectroid

was brough up Catholic but really havn't practice or been in church for awhile.

posted by  bennie154

I dunno what I am, I'm not Atheist, because I do not believe in evolution. I have no god, and could never believe in something such as christianity, or any monotheistic or polytheistic religions. I am not sure if that would be qualified as agnostic or not.

posted by  Integra_LS

When did believing in evolution classify you as an Atheist? It's a scientific fact.

posted by  vwhobo

It is not a fact it is a theory

posted by  archangle

so do you believe in evolution or not?

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Look all I am trying to say is that if you are a Christain it is not okay to cuss.why,because God says it is wrong and thats all that needs to be said.that is why I started this thread to see who was a Christain. If you are not a christain than you can say whatever you want. I am not trying to judge anyone or anythinhg like that.that is why I started this thread, so I could tell who was a christain so I could tell why there was so much cussing. If you are not a christain than I know why there is cussing.

posted by  archangle

No,but nice piture on your sig.

posted by  archangle

hey - as far as we're concerned your supposed "god told us not to cuss" bullsh*t is just that until you provide substantial evidence proving said point. and THEN there's the contradiction of G-d creating us with free will. that would therefore allow us to swear if we felt the need. get your facts straight youngin. :ticking:

posted by  SuperJew

Maybe you're right, but that's not your bussines. If a christian cusses it isn't your problem.

vwhobo - I totally agree with you in this thread.

posted by  karburator

cheers, i want a black Z06 just like that one..lol..i have a question, is this topic really worth arguing about? I’m not of any religion and yet i do not swear profusely, i merely swear whenever i have cause to be annoyed, whether it is an inanimate object or a person, it is an expression of emotions and mood and nothing more. why do these words seem so bad to us? because society had dedicated them to the expression of anger and hate and therefore they are considered to be bad and malicious when really they are no more harmful than any other sound made by the human larynx, it is merely a question of how you personally perceive the word.

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

What the motherf*cking f*ck are you trying to say f*cker. :hi: :mrgreen:

It's a joke, relax.

posted by  vwhobo

:thumbs: (your not alone, i don't know what i'm on about either!) :laughing:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Your Message