Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Anyone played this game yet? Im downloading the PC demo as im typing this. Anyone know the minnimum system requirements because I cant seem to find them anywhere.

posted by  newyorker

system requirements are something like

1.4 GHZ
256 Ram
32MB video card(it might be more)
3 GB hard drive
2000 ME/XP

posted by  stevenbob0

I have 1.8 GHz
512 RAM
128 video
80GB free space
XP
you think it will run well?

posted by  newyorker

It should run smooth, but the demo gets boring pretty quickly...I've had it for a week, and rarely play it now...but I'm trying to get the actual game running...but I need Alcohol 120% or something, and can't find it :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

I spent some time playing the full version on the 360 today, and I think EZ has finally redeamed themsleves. The police chases are acrually interesting, there's a good selection of cars, the graphics are great, and you odn't need stupid "style points." There are still some remnants of dumb EA things in the game though, like there are certain structures you can destry that make it very easy to lose the cops. They're just minor htings though, and overall I liked the game enough to buy it for my computer, evenyually...

posted by  jedimario

Looks like a sweet game. DLed the PC demo and Im asking for it on PS2 for christmas.

posted by  StiMan

I have it for ps2 and i can't stop playing it. i just beat the #5 guy on the black list. The high end cars are amazing to drive and mod. I love how they got rid of the stupid shit like subs and neons and geared it much more towards performance. Also the load times are very short and the auto save saves as your driving so you don't have to stop and wait 30 secs after a race or whatnot. I love it and its pretty much the reason i haven't been on in over a week. But im sure no one noticed or missed me :ohcrap:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

I noticed...welcome back bro :thumbs:

Actually there's been a couple of members that haven't been on in a while :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Maybe they all got the game too... :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Hey I'm one of them :doh: The game is really good it's just fun to drive around looking for some cops to chase you I think I spent something like a full hour being chased by the cops. The graphics are amazing and the black edition had the M3 and the SS camaro ready to play already but the one i like is the corvette c6-r. Now thats nice.

posted by  Spanky2324

I think its bullshit that they released a black edition..now because i rushed and got the normal version i miss out on 3 cars. that sucks big time. i love ea games but sometimes they are just stupid when it comes to the simplest things

I agree...either release it at the same time, or a month or two after...

posted by  chris_knows

What does black eddition have that the regular game doesnt. What 3 cars are we talking about here?

posted by  newyorker

The 1967 Camaro SS, and the M3 GTR Race Edition, not sure about the 3rd :doh:...and a couple of more tracks...

posted by  chris_knows

can you get just a plain M3?

posted by  jedimario

the third car is another version of the corvette c6.

No the only m3 you can get is the already moded one you started with in the begining of the game. but i imagine when you beat razor you win his pink and your car back and you can do as you wish...that is assuming that you can still free roam after the game is over

So I've decided to get this game for PC, anyone know how to un-rice your opponet's cars? I couldn't stand the riced-out DB9, and the thought of a riced-out GT makes me puke.

posted by  jedimario

Yea...probbably LOTS AND LOTS of coding.

posted by  newyorker

Well I figured that, but does anyone know how to do something like that?

posted by  jedimario

Maybe there are programs out there but I wouldnt mess with it. you can mess up game coding and have some really bad problems. I tihnk that its actually kinda unique that you can now tune exotics. I like :drool:

posted by  newyorker

I don't mind the "tiuning" part, I mind the horrenduos body kits, spoilers, and graphics(or vinyls, or w/e)

posted by  jedimario

W00T!!! I got it to work!!! THANKS TO newyorker :clap:

The clips are so realistic, and no lag! Might not be on for a while though :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Clips are realistic because what they did was used real people and animated cars. good combo. there is almost never lag in the vids unless you dont meet min reqs for the game. wait till you start playing. what kinda machine do you have

posted by  newyorker

so dont put them on your car when you get it. just good luck shaking the heat.

posted by  newyorker

I decided to start with the Punto :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

Cobalt SS is the top choice there but punto is nice..better handling becayuse of its small size..will come in useful later yuoll see...second car wiat for the Eclipse. keep 30k aside for it lol also when you defeat a blacklist racer go for the "?" items because they are best....you have a 2/3 chance of getting his/her car or a fat stack of cash.

posted by  newyorker

I'm talking about the cars you race, not your car.

posted by  jedimario

I see. No way except for coding to get rid of that. I dont see why it bothers you though. People like you just label everything with a body kit, spoiler, and vynils to be rice

posted by  newyorker

True, and it sickens me to see amazing cars downgraded to my defintion of rice, which, as I have explained o this forum before, isn't really the conventional definition. Because of that though, I do find some(very little) rice to be tasteful.

posted by  jedimario

A friend of mine had a patch for GTA Vice City, where it would change all cars to look like actual cars...but they kept all of their original names, but there were Vipers, Ferraris...can't remember any more, but you could also stop time, and a lot more...he gave me a CD with it, but I lost it about a year ago :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message