Calling all owers of ipods!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Calling all owers of ipods!

Does anyone know how to listen to music off your ipod directly onto your computer without having to copy it onto the computer? I just got a new laptop and i don't want to junk it up with all my music so ill carry my ipod around but what if i want to hook my ipod up to my computer and listen to the music? Does anyone know where in itunes to enable that or another program?

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Just plugged my iPod in to see if I can play music without uploading it to my computer, and it seems to work...When you plug it in, just go to the iPod tab that pops up on the left, and go through them like that :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

You sir are correct. :thumbs:

posted by  torinoman80

Wow you must think im really dumb..ive tried that but all the songs come up gray..so i can't play them. But also next to my free space is a little lock that closed...is that there for you?

open itunes, go to Preferences -> ipod -> Manually manage songs and playlists. now you can play music from the ipod through itunes without loading the music onto your machine. if you have ITMS songs, you will still have to authorize the laptop, however.

posted by  enron fever

I love you...that worked!!

Amazing how the one thing i didn't hit is the thing that did it :banghead:

joo welcome. :mrgreen:

posted by  enron fever

Glad you got it figured out, I can be pretty dense with my iPod too! Small electronics... ;)

posted by  boothe

you ever need help with that kind of stuff, lemme know. i'm an apple zealot at heart :mrgreen:

posted by  enron fever

You could also use the ipod as a mass storage device as well. That way if you ever wanted to put those songs on your laptop you could, or if you ever wanted to store anything else (like photos or word docs)

posted by  Voda48

Your Message