Christmas Music

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Christmas Music

Well, here we are again just a few days after Thanksgiving and I'm already fed up with Christmas Music, just like every other year. On the radio, in the stores, on TV, it's everywhere. Over and over, on and on. If I hear Jingle Bells one more time, I'm gonna kill somebody. Anyway, take a look at this (http://homepage.usask.ca/~amn076/lights.wmv). It's pretty cool and you can shut it off, anytime. Enjoy!

posted by  vwhobo

It shows this for me:

Just that it goes on 100 times as much...

But I can't stand Christmas music either...and with all of the Christmas-related shows everywhere, it gets irritating...I like Christmas, but everything's too dependant on money now :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Right click on link, Copy link location, go into Windows Media Player>File>Open URL, Paste, press Ok. Or you can go to break.com, youll see a house on the front page after scrolling down a little, then click on the link to the original thats above the picture. The one they show there isnt as good as the first.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Okay then, try it like this;

http://homepage.usask.ca/~amn076/lights.wmv

posted by  vwhobo

Didn't work again, but I tried PontiacFan's way, and it worked...

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: Some people just have wayyyy too much time on their hands...although that's like something I'd do, just with more fire :laughing: Nice find :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Haha, I don't know what I was thinking, but at first I was surprised to see the title 'Christmas Music' by the Hobo, thought he may of been sick or something..... until I read it :laughing: Good to see the holidays don't soften you up Hobo :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

good Ol' University of Saskatchewan students ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Got that lovely clip at work last week. You really have to admire the dedication though that went into synchronizing that whole thing!

posted by  97Talonchik

I saw this clip last week as well, not only is it a pretty cool light display, the tune it plays isn't so bad either. I'm with you hobo Christmas music is getting really annoying, it seems like Christmas comes earlier every year. I wouldn't be surprised to see people in the near future preparing for Christmas on December 26. Got damn how many times did I say Christmas ughh theres another one........im just going to start using Jesusmas

posted by  salimander13

Wow...that video was great!!! I wonder how much their electric bill spiked up by for that one show???

posted by  elchango36

He did another one with a version of Jingle Bells, its not quite as good though.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Probably enough that for people who didnt know they did that think they may have a grow-op going on :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

I hate X-Mas music as well. That's why I have a bunch of MP3 CD's I play, never use the radio, as far as it goes in stores though, well I guess I just talk loud and dont notice :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

A friend just sent me a Christmas song, called
'Ho Ho F*cking Ho"...pretty funny :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Here's my fave by Spinal Tap;

The elves are dressed in leather
And the angels are in chains
(Christmas with the Devil)

The sugar plums are rancid
And the stockings are in flames

There's a demon in my belly
And a gremlin in my brain
There's someone up the chimney hole
And Satan is his name

The rats ate all the presents
And the reindeer ran away

There'll be no Father Christmas
'Cause it's Evils holiday

No bells in Hell
No snow below-
Silent Night, Violent Night

So come all ye unfaithful
Don't be left out in the cold
You don't need no invitation, no...
Your ticket is your soul

posted by  vwhobo

Do you play that at volume 11 setting?

posted by  Wally

Only when my wife is around. Other times I play it loud. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Wow that must be one of the best cristmas lights I've ever seen!

posted by  Wolfenheart

I think you missed the joke...

posted by  Mathew

No, you missed the joke.

posted by  vwhobo

I think I missed both jokes :laughing:...I'm slow like that :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Maybe it's just us Canuckians (or Ontarians) but I missed them too.... :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

posted by  Wally

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

Crazy Aussies :laughing:

BTW Where'es that from?

posted by  chris_knows

"The Spinal Tap" movie

posted by  Wally

It should be like scary movie 2. "Hip-Hop christmas" featuring singles like
santaclaus is coming on moms
Jingle balls
im dreaming of a white woman
frosty the dopeman
all i want for christmas is the charges dropped
a sleigh ride in my 64
aneup bitch its christmas
and many more :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Ohhh...I thought Spinal Tap was a song...There's another movie to download :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

you need a lesson in culture...spinal tap was the best of the best look it up, everyone should educate themselves on spinal tap, it's good for the soul, the youngins might not find the same humour as the old balls but they should at least know who spinal tap is :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Well...I wasn't that far, it was a band...here's some info on the movie for anyone else who seems to have missed out on Spinal Tap :laughing::

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

posted by  chris_knows

http://www.animationstation.net/posterimages/T/This_Is_Spinal_Tap_vid.jpg :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

http://members.aol.com/chiprowe/gotoeleven.wav

http://members.aol.com/chiprowe/gotoeleven2.wav

posted by  Wally

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But why'd you post the link twice? :laughing:

EDIT: Just realized they were different links :doh:...makes even more sense now :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Haha makes more sense now, those were just weird. Also, I wonder why they weren't made together instead of 2 links....

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message