Red Cross

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Red Cross

Kinda proud of myself. Donated blood at school today. Didnt even feel a thing. If you have thought about doing it then theres basically no risk. Takes 10 minutes, and doesnt hurt at all. Im just :mrgreen: that I did some good for someone else.

posted by  newyorker

My school is doing that on Tuesday, but you have to be 17 or older to do it, so I can't yet, but in two years I will...Congratulations :clap:

And if you do it, you get an excuse to act like you're woozy for the rest of the day :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Yea. I did it at the end of the day so I just left.

posted by  newyorker

it took you 12 minutes to dump a pint? it took me like 4......you must have horribly low blood pressure...

posted by  dodgerforlife

It was 120/80 right before they layed me down to do it.

posted by  newyorker

Skinny people have lower blood pressure most of the time :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I've given blood and blood plasma for 35 years . In Belgium you give blood every 3 months,blood plasma every two weeks till you're 65 .It's a great way to do a good deed and everybody should try to encourage people to do it. Paul

posted by  tovarich

They force you to do it? We just give blood, then the red cross seperates it into 3 units. I thought that the procedure would be painful, but it wasnt, and I will definately give blood everytime I can from now on.

posted by  newyorker

They dont force you to do it. It's totally voluntary.But still it's surprising how many people(especially men) are so afraid of a little needle.Paul

posted by  tovarich

Your Message